I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Flash Deals on 2 cards in the last couple of hours! I checked very early this morning and nothing there.

On Marriott Biz card I got 6 days for 20% off at Best Buy, CVS, Home Depot, Dollar Tree, MacDonalds, Shell, Jimmy Johns, Macy's online.

On IHG ($49 card) I got 10 days to spend at Best Buy, Home Depot, Shell, MacD's, Jimmy John's, Dollar store, also 20%.

I had none yesterday and got the same ones today on my Marriott Card and DH got it on his Freedom card. Nice to get a few Gift Cards for Christmas.

I will be booking our flights to Alaska for our 2023 cruise and I need some advice/info from members familiar with ORD. I am trying to decide between 2 United flights which both have layovers at ORD. One has a 2 hour 9 mins layover and the other is 4 hours 18 mins. The flight with the shorter layover leaves DCA at 12:45pm so we might need to get something to eat while we are at ORD. In a perfect world if we do not have any delays with our flight to ORD would 2 hours be enough time to get something to eat and get to our new gate? The other flight goes out of BWI and would not be as convenient as DCA but we could make it work. It would be easier to decide If both flights went out of the same airport. Thanks for any info.
I think 2 hours should be good. To be fair though I live in Chicago area and have never had an actual layover there.
There are actually some pretty good places to eat. I like Rick Bayless Torta Frontera. https://chicago.eater.com/2015/11/19/9754432/ohare-chicago-airport-food-restaurants-ord

I will be booking our flights to Alaska for our 2023 cruise and I need some advice/info from members familiar with ORD. I am trying to decide between 2 United flights which both have layovers at ORD. One has a 2 hour 9 mins layover and the other is 4 hours 18 mins. The flight with the shorter layover leaves DCA at 12:45pm so we might need to get something to eat while we are at ORD. In a perfect world if we do not have any delays with our flight to ORD would 2 hours be enough time to get something to eat and get to our new gate? The other flight goes out of BWI and would not be as convenient as DCA but we could make it work. It would be easier to decide If both flights went out of the same airport. Thanks for any info.
Mainline to mainline you'll be just fine. I did regional to mainline at ORD in April and made a 30 minute connection with enough time to grab a sandwich to eat on the second flight. I'm doing regional to mainline at ORD on my way to MCO next wednesday, but that has a 3:45 layover, not ideal.

Has anyone used the current AMEX offer for Verizon, to get gift cards? I know this one says you have to use a link, and that link doesn't have gift cards. I can't remember if the last offer had that and I just ignored it or not.

I guess worse that happens, I get full price gift cards. I have to pay the phone bill anyway, so I wouldn't be out anything.

Also agree that 2ish hours SHOULD be okay, especially bc you are staying domestic. I would hate to do the 4 hours at ORD due to the lack of lounge access.

Reddit thread about new and closed stuff in Japan in r/japantravel. Hopefully that link worked.

Tokyo Edo museum is closed til 2025 for renovations.
Thank you for this. Sad to see some of the stuff we wanted to see closed. I already knew about Teamlab Borderless, which we were disappointed about... but I really am sad about the Robot Restaurant and hope it reopens. Does it look crazy and wild and insane? Yes absolutely. Do you even know what's going on in there? Likely no. But did we want to go? YES 😂

Also didn't know about the Teamlab Botanical Gardens in Osaka, which looks pretty cool! May add that to our list!

Got $10 off a $75 purchase at Wegman's on Amex Blue cash preferred. They opened a new Wegmans nearby this year. Took a walk and bought a Target gift card, got the email from Amex immediately. Offer said no e-gift cards or corporate GC.

Thank you for this. Sad to see some of the stuff we wanted to see closed. I already knew about Teamlab Borderless, which we were disappointed about... but I really am sad about the Robot Restaurant and hope it reopens. Does it look crazy and wild and insane? Yes absolutely. Do you even know what's going on in there? Likely no. But did we want to go? YES 😂

Also didn't know about the Teamlab Botanical Gardens in Osaka, which looks pretty cool! May add that to our list!

You can also go to teamLab Planets in Tokyo. That's been extended to end of 2023.

You can also go to teamLab Planets in Tokyo. That's been extended to end of 2023.
Yes, saw that! Doesn't look as big or cool as Borderless was, but probably will go! The main reason DH really likes Japan is for their futuristic/high technology advances, so all the techy art installations, robot type stuff, etc. really appeals to him. I think one of the things he is most excited about is to ride the bullet train, lol.

I think 2 hours should be good. To be fair though I live in Chicago area and have never had an actual layover there.
There are actually some pretty good places to eat. I like Rick Bayless Torta Frontera. https://chicago.eater.com/2015/11/19/9754432/ohare-chicago-airport-food-restaurants-ord

Mainline to mainline you'll be just fine. I did regional to mainline at ORD in April and made a 30 minute connection with enough time to grab a sandwich to eat on the second flight. I'm doing regional to mainline at ORD on my way to MCO next wednesday, but that has a 3:45 layover, not ideal.

Also agree that 2ish hours SHOULD be okay, especially bc you are staying domestic. I would hate to do the 4 hours at ORD due to the lack of lounge access.
Thank you all for confirming that 2 hours should be enough time. I really do not want to be stuck at any airport waiting for 4 hours. If we are running behind because of delays we would be okay grabbing a sandwich or something to eat on board.

@CyndiLouWho thank you for the link. I just looked at the terminal map and I think my mom is going to want to eat at Berghoff Cafe. Hopefully it is convenient to one of our gates.

Yes, saw that! Doesn't look as big or cool as Borderless was, but probably will go! The main reason DH really likes Japan is for their futuristic/high technology advances, so all the techy art installations, robot type stuff, etc. really appeals to him. I think one of the things he is most excited about is to ride the bullet train, lol.
It looks like Borderless is opening next year in a different building. That was one of our favorite things we did

Has anyone used the current AMEX offer for Verizon, to get gift cards? I know this one says you have to use a link, and that link doesn't have gift cards. I can't remember if the last offer had that and I just ignored it or not.

I guess worse that happens, I get full price gift cards. I have to pay the phone bill anyway, so I wouldn't be out anything.
You don't have to use the link. I bought GCs on 9/25, $75 credit posted 9/26 before the GCs even arrived.

DS will be on Spring Break for his 16th birthday in March. Any suggestions on where to go. We did HI 2 years ago. I have 9 days to play with Sat-Sun.

Doctor of Credit is reporting the PYB categories have been extended until 12/31/22…I don’t see this yet on my CSR though

The PYB page has the 9/30 date, but the main UR page has the 12/31 date. Scroll down the page a little and you should see it.
That’s great news! I plan on using my card for most of our dining at WDW. Erasing the charges will make those character breakfast prices a little easier to take.

Ok...Lyft Pink membership.... Apparanetly I still have one that will expire on 10/3/22- it's from an old pc'd CSR..... I checked the app,and I can't downgrade it or cancel it, how do I do this? I could pause it, but I need it shut off,and advice?
Anyone else do this? I don't want to accidentally pay for this,I never use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter