I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for the experts :)

My husband and stepson are going to be flying in July, probably on Southwest.

I technically have a RR account (with nothing in it because I never fly).

Can I make their reservations under my RR account and get RR miles for those, or no? Husband does NOT have an RR account.

Hey folks! I’m almost positive the answer is “no,” but I have a bunch of chase points I want to use up. Is there a way to buy either Disneyland or Disney World tickets with them? Even in an indirect way?
I’m pretty certain the answer is no, but I’m just hoping I’ll be pleasantly surprised by you award travel and Disney loving folks 🤞

Quick question for the experts :)

My husband and stepson are going to be flying in July, probably on Southwest.

I technically have a RR account (with nothing in it because I never fly).

Can I make their reservations under my RR account and get RR miles for those, or no? Husband does NOT have an RR account.

You will get the RR points for your ticket, the points for the other tickets would go to waste unless your husband/stepson create an account.

Hey folks! I’m almost positive the answer is “no,” but I have a bunch of chase points I want to use up. Is there a way to buy either Disneyland or Disney World tickets with them? Even in an indirect way?
I’m pretty certain the answer is no, but I’m just hoping I’ll be pleasantly surprised by you award travel and Disney loving folks 🤞

The only way I know right now would be to buy discounted Disney gift cards, and then just cash out the points for the value you spend. Then buy the tickets with the gift cards, or just buy the tickets direct and cash out the points for the cost. The travel portal no longer has anything Disney.

You will get the RR points for your ticket, the points for the other tickets would go to waste unless your husband/stepson create an account.
So I'm not flying.. so I guess the answer is no? Cannot book for them under my account and get the miles for it?

Does anyone here know if I hold my vacation package with the $200 deposit with a different card and put the rest on the Disney premiere visa, can you still get the promotional 6 months 0% financing?

Just wanting to snag it before availability goes down. Husband applied on the chase website so I think he has to wait til he physically has the card to use it? Or maybe Disney can pull it up, not sure. We could pay it all now anyway but just wondering if that applies. Wanting to get that statement credit 🤑

Oh sorry, the only people who will get credit for the points are those who's names are on the tickets.
Very good thank you!
Southwest miles never expire, even with no activity. So you might as well create accounts for them. You never know if it'll come in handy one day.
True, true! I will suggest it!

Can a minor have their own account? He just turned 17.

Very good thank you!

True, true! I will suggest it!

Can a minor have their own account? He just turned 17.

Yes, minors have their own account too. If you want to book them under the same confirmation number, you can create his account first. Then book the ticket under your DH's account and add your stepson's RR number.

I had a chance to stop in to the Centurian lounge in the Phoenix airport this afternoon. I was glad to get a chance to use this plat benefit before downgrading the card, mostly because I was reminded that while lounges are nice, they are not $700 per year nice. The best thing about this lounge was actually the bathroom. The food was pretty mediocre--some compressed chicken thing and some rice. And DH hates that he has to talk to the bartender to get a diet coke (the Delta lounges do the soft drinks much better, if I remember correctly). The lounge wasn't any less crowded than the restaurants we passed, and someone had the genius idea to block off (as in put "reserved" signs on) a bunch of tables for parties of three or more people, to supposedly promote social distancing--but there were zero parties of three people sitting at these tables, so social distancing was actually lessened because everyone else was confined to the non-reserved tables. Overall, I was disappointed in the experience but also happy that I can say goodbye to my plat and not feel bad about not having access to the lounges.

You should be able to cash out UR's directly to a checking account. I haven't done it but someone here did it quite often.

you can do it but like gift cards from what I've found it's a TERRIBLE redemption of less than 1 cent a point. When I looked pre covid it was .5 cents a point just like amazon gift cards less than a cent even buying it and doing cash back is a better value. unless there is someone with a hack that I wasn't able to find. Undercover tourist with the Disney promo code is better than the Disneys website.

I can't speak to the flight change but an hour layover at ORD is cutting it close IMO. ORD is huge and known for delays, so unless the gates are close, I'd be hesitant. I'm also super cautious and have missed flights due to delays so YMMV.

I personally would not be comfortable with a one hour layover unless you knew what other options there are after your scheduled flight right now. I was supposed to have a two plus hour layover both directions on my work trip to vegas last month. Delays on both sides ended up bringing those down to the point I was walking up to my United connection in ORD as boarding was starting and pretty much had to run from one end of MSP to the other to make my Delta connection on the way home.

OK, so is this a situation where United would allow you to cancel at no charge (we did NOT book refundable seats)? We have always tried for around a 1:15-1:30 layover on our trips down, and just sitting in the airport for 3 hours doesn't sound fun.

I had a chance to stop in to the Centurian lounge in the Phoenix airport this afternoon. I was glad to get a chance to use this plat benefit before downgrading the card, mostly because I was reminded that while lounges are nice, they are not $700 per year nice. The best thing about this lounge was actually the bathroom. The food was pretty mediocre--some compressed chicken thing and some rice. And DH hates that he has to talk to the bartender to get a diet coke (the Delta lounges do the soft drinks much better, if I remember correctly). The lounge wasn't any less crowded than the restaurants we passed, and someone had the genius idea to block off (as in put "reserved" signs on) a bunch of tables for parties of three or more people, to supposedly promote social distancing--but there were zero parties of three people sitting at these tables, so social distancing was actually lessened because everyone else was confined to the non-reserved tables. Overall, I was disappointed in the experience but also happy that I can say goodbye to my plat and not feel bad about not having access to the lounges.
We love lounges… It’s nice not to pay $15 for a sandwich x4 and have a glass of wine plus fast wifi.

Does anyone here know if I hold my vacation package with the $200 deposit with a different card and put the rest on the Disney premiere visa, can you still get the promotional 6 months 0% financing?

Just wanting to snag it before availability goes down. Husband applied on the chase website so I think he has to wait til he physically has the card to use it? Or maybe Disney can pull it up, not sure. We could pay it all now anyway but just wondering if that applies. Wanting to get that statement credit 🤑
Yes you can do that. Each eligible charge to the Disney Visa gets it's own 6 month promo window. It doesn't need to be paid all at once to qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter