I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't thought about this as an option because I didn't have AA miles before but now that I've got 84k this looks so good for one of the flights. The only bummer is they fly into Narita from here instead of Haneda but for a lie flat seat for 5.60 in taxes I can deal with that one way. At least it's another option hopefully.

Out of SEA right? That's the route we're booked on. Have booked this trip 3 times now (3rd time's the charm?). Funny that the one that may happen is the one I didn't stalk at release date. Booked it on a whim as back-up in case summer 2022 didn't happen while thinking summer 2022 would surely happen (haha).

AF on my Aspire hit yesterday, which I totally forgot was coming up. Still have the Surpass so I asked about retention, 10k points for 1k spend. Not the best but I'm trying to keep amex happy so when there's finally a great DL sub they'll still like me. I'll have to close a card to open a new cc but need to avoid the pop up as well.

Out of SEA right? That's the route we're booked on. Have booked this trip 3 times now (3rd time's the charm?). Funny that the one that may happen is the one I didn't stalk at release date. Booked it on a whim as back-up in case summer 2022 didn't happen while thinking summer 2022 would surely happen (haha).

Yes, out of SEA. The flight times over are in line with DL, just into Narita instead of Haneda. Still prefer the return on ANA if I can, both because it truly is an overnight flight and it leaves around 9pm instead of 4 or 5, so I get home by 3pm instead of before noon. Also makes up for the afternoon arrival which is better than the late evening ANA arrival that had me adding a night to not lose an entire day. I'll leave on a thurs or wed if I need to, but need to return on the sunday 2 weeks later. I could do saturday but really don't want to.

I could've booked it on Aug 17 using AA so it may be quiet enough it's still an option. I don't see much talk about it, I think because most people had booked ANA before one way or another. I looked up an ANA flight and it already had 4 biz seats booked, so that's not even an option for VS and I have a feeling that'll happen more often than not. My hope is that most people still don't want to go in September :)

I'm such an idiot.
I bought DGC's on shop disney through the C1 shopping portal. Just now realized the fine print specifically says it's not valid on GC purchases.:sad2:

I think just about all the shopping portals say that. But for some (many?) of them, it still posts. You just have to wait and see.
Oh! Well than I shall cross my fingers! I wonder if it will be easy to see on their website if/when it does credit.

I did just use 4 different Chase cards to purchase 4 $50 DGCs on shop disney since they each had an offer. Fingers crossed for those too, although I didn't see it listed as an exclusion.

I'm such an idiot.
I bought DGC's on shop disney through the C1 shopping portal. Just now realized the fine print specifically says it's not valid on GC purchases.:sad2:
I think just about all the shopping portals say that. But for some (many?) of them, it still posts. You just have to wait and see.
Oh! Well than I shall cross my fingers! I wonder if it will be easy to see on their website if/when it does credit.

I did just use 4 different Chase cards to purchase 4 $50 DGCs on shop disney since they each had an offer. Fingers crossed for those too, although I didn't see it listed as an exclusion.
I have bought 9 - $50 DCG through Disney and got the Chase credit for all of them (not the recent ones), I have been using the AA portal because I need all the AA miles I can get + I'm super close to earning Gold Status (I don't know how much that will help me) but I've received most of the extra miles (on days I did 2 orders only one posted the extra miles).
I need about $1,500 more for our cruise, I have enough Chase offers for about $400, the rest I'll just buy at Staples with our CIC.

I have bought 9 - $50 DCG through Disney and got the Chase credit for all of them (not the recent ones), I have been using the AA portal because I need all the AA miles I can get + I'm super close to earning Gold Status (I don't know how much that will help me) but I've received most of the extra miles (on days I did 2 orders only one posted the extra miles).
I need about $1,500 more for our cruise, I have enough Chase offers for about $400, the rest I'll just buy at Staples with our CIC.
Oh I didn't think about Staples. Maybe I'll do that... because I sort of forgot that I booked Napa Rose with my younger son so there is $300 right there.

I have aa points that expire next month. If I buy something through the aa shopping portal will that extend them?
depends on how much and whether is it worth it to you I feel this is subjective, like myself I never fly them I had 500 probably from some random promotion I didn't care.

When I went to France I think it was $22 what's Anas fuel surcharge now $300+?

Updating ana fuel surcharge. Just read on r/churning someone that booked 2 j/f ord to nrt for next month. $850, so $425pp!

That JAL is looking better and better. Does anything transfer to AA? Might be worth it for the return, have more use for dl than AA and can save my VS for Europe.

Updating ana fuel surcharge. Just read on r/churning someone that booked 2 j/f ord to nrt for next month. $850, so $425pp!

That JAL is looking better and better. Does anything transfer to AA? Might be worth it for the return, have more use for dl than AA and can save my VS for Europe.

Marriott transfers, but it's 3:1 (with a 5000 bonus every 60k). I did a minimal amount to top off.

Other than that, I've seen Bilt mentioned, but I don't know much about it. At one point, Citi TYP did, but that was temporary. Definitely not as convenient as the airlines that transfer from UR or MR.

I'm really contemplating these new Marriott offers and I feel a little crazy for even considering it. I could close my old (OG SPG ->SPG Lux->Brilliant->) Bonvoy, then apply for the Brilliant for not only the 150K SUB but 25 elite nights and platinum status and 85K FNC. For some reason I seem to have 7 years of Platinum status (I think I only actually earned it one year, so I don't understand how that is but that's what my counter shows) and I need 3 more in order to to eligible for lifetime platinum. I still need over 300 nights for lifetime plat [one needs 600 nights PLUS 10 years of being platinum for lifetime status], so if I can have cc elite nights boost that then it's possible that I could actually reach that in my lifetime lol. Especially if I eventually get a biz Bonvoy (my last being in 2018, so depends on lifetime language). And after getting the Brilliant, then upgrade my Chase to the Ritz Carlton which is also now going to come with an 85K FNC. Surely there will be a devaluation next year since Bonvoy never disappoints in that regard, but it's still worth pondering.
Sent a text to DD yesterday asking if she still had her Ritz card. She does.

Today she got the Ritz email telling her the FNC was going to 85k.

Looks like she will keep the Brilliant so she can use both FNC's on a stay.

I've never had the Ritz card. I thought about it a few times when it was available as I had 5 of the other Marriott cards.

I let the Marriott personal card go probably in 2020. Kept the Biz card.

I've been downsizing my card collection.

Marriott transfers, but it's 3:1 (with a 5000 bonus every 60k). I did a minimal amount to top off.

Other than that, I've seen Bilt mentioned, but I don't know much about it. At one point, Citi TYP did, but that was temporary. Definitely not as convenient as the airlines that transfer from UR or MR.

I have zero Marriott so that won't help. Citi biz is a 4k spend so would take too long. Wonder if barclays would like me. I have thr biz I got earlier this year and the silver which I pcd from the red. Guess since it only requires one purchase I can wait and see how I'm able to book the outbound before I decide since there's almost 2.5 weeks between the two flights.

Realized that if I want to get more AA miles for a potential flight and I want to use Barclays I can't really wait since they are slow and I need the statement to post for the miles. So I applied and got a we need more time, so we'll see what happens. I have almost 30k in cl on my silver aa card that was pc'd like 4 years ago. I don't know if they'll just take from it or if they'd deny instead, but as its' one of my oldest I don't want to close it hence the no af card. But if they tell me no that's ok too. But hopefully they don't :)

depends on how much and whether is it worth it to you I feel this is subjective, like myself I never fly them I had 500 probably from some random promotion I didn't care.
It’s like 13k which is enough for a saver flight somewhere out of Philly. So worth keeping. I don’t have any open aa cards at the moment

Since we're on the topic of Barclay's/AA... anyone know how often you can "churn" the Barclays Aviator Red? DH and I both got one in mid 2019, closed mid 2020. So it's been a little over 2 years (28 months to be exact). Might also look into JAL via AA if we could get more AA miles in time...

Since we're on the topic of Barclay's/AA... anyone know how often you can "churn" the Barclays Aviator Red? DH and I both got one in mid 2019, closed mid 2020. So it's been a little over 2 years (28 months to be exact). Might also look into JAL via AA if we could get more AA miles in time...
You’re good to apply again.

I was approved for a 2nd one after 15 months of closing my 1st one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter