I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you opposed to Uber or Lyft? These are their one way rates (this morning), depending on 4-6 passengers:
Uber $44-59
Lyft $40-52

I realize you wouldn't be using points, but you could probably buy a discounted gift card(s) in advance.

ETA: Spelling correction
I don’t love Uber or Lyft. I have a 4 year old who needs a car seat, or at the very least a booster. I can pay extra for that with a service and you don’t need it on a bus. Ubers with car seats are very expensive.

So it’s not my first choice at all.

I used the portal to book last August. Worked well, driver met us down near where tragical express used to be with our name on a board. Lyft is usually $60-80 plus tip when we’ve used it. Used a taxi once and it was over $100 so I didn’t mind using URs

There are like 15 choices. Do you remember which you used or what company it is? Also have to see if any of them can provide a booster or car seat.

I don’t love Uber or Lyft. I have a 4 year old who needs a car seat, or at the very least a booster. I can pay extra for that with a service and you don’t need it on a bus. Ubers with car seats are very expensive.

Bring your own BubbleBum. They're inexpensive, work well and when deflated take up very little space. We did this in 2019 with our then 4 year old for a quick uber trip from POP to Poly for Ohana, after breakfast we deflated, put it in the backpack and had a great day at MK.

Bring your own BubbleBum. They're inexpensive, work well and when deflated take up very little space. We did this in 2019 with our then 4 year old for a quick uber trip from POP to Poly for Ohana, after breakfast we deflated, put it in the backpack and had a great day at MK.
She’s only 35lbs and they have a minimum weight of 40lbs. I have for my 9 year old and it’s good for him, but he was like 6 when he started using it.

Honestly I’d strongly prefer her to be in a 5pt harness as she is at home. I’m not sure being excited for vacation is the best time to ride in a booster for the first time.

I’m a bit of car seat safety nut.

Let me check to see if it's in my history
@Jax1023
The history in my UR portal doesn't go that far back, I think it was before they switched vendors. I searched emails because I always confirm but I must have deleted those. I looked through and it might be this one it looks familiar and we stayed offsite so it wasn't one that advertised going to WDW and I know it was private transfer. I'll message you if I figure out more details.

Attachments

• 0CC9C9A6-9454-42CD-B0A8-FCE78CCA9915.png
    0CC9C9A6-9454-42CD-B0A8-FCE78CCA9915.png
    127 KB · Views: 10
@Jax1023
The history in my UR portal doesn't go that far back, I think it was before they switched vendors. I searched emails because I always confirm but I must have deleted those. I looked through and it might be this one it looks familiar and we stayed offsite so it wasn't one that advertised going to WDW and I know it was private transfer. I'll message you if I figure out more details.
Thanks for looking!

For anyone that has used UCT for car rentals, have you ever needed a refund and was it an issue?

For anyone that has used UCT for car rentals, have you ever needed a refund and was it an issue?

Never tried a regular refund, but they refunded our car rental that we didn't pick up due to a canceled flight and Budget saying they won't hold the car past 24 hours. Was worried about it because FAQ says it needs to be canceled prior to scheduled pick up.

I love it when US Bank runs a bank bonus because for anyone in their footprint it’s a great way to get a foot in the door for an Altitude Reserve! DoC has the bank bonus details here.

I think the AR is an underrated premium card. 3% on everything mobile payment! (Imho don’t buy Gift Cards, some people get by with it others get shutdown and there is NO reconsideration with US bank.) The main barrier to entry for an AR is being a US Bank client, and then 5/24ish.

Full disclosure it’s been a few years since my approval 😂…. but fwiw… I got my AR about 6 months after my bank account. I was 6/24 which is on the high end but I used the pre-approval tool when applying- it doesn’t guarantee approval but when I called to check on it a couple days after applying the banker mentioned he saw I was pre-approved and finalized the approval on the phone- so use that tool if offered!).

They’ve been fairly generous with retention bonuses but it varies person to person and is entirely decided by a computer. I went 3 years in a row with 10k pt retention offers until this year when I decided I actually want the card and paid the AF without a bribe 😝
ok, the fee scares me, but I needed a new card, and I am out of other options currently, so I just got instant approval for the AR, with a stupid high credit limit!

My parents' email saga got slightly comical today. New emails went out saying my dad was getting his hip replaced and needed people to pick up google play gift cards for his niece's birthday. If anyone actually knows my dad, they know someone else's birthday is not high on his list of concerns! My parents have had non-stop calls from friends checking on his broken femur. He's clearly having a terrible week. I'm afraid for what tomorrow brings.

my daughter is a little older our pediatrician recommended this, it saved us with uber and lyfts. my wife still makes me do it though I would practice in your car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H5VJJTE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can go here to create it. You'll need the last 4 digits of the card. If you have other Chase cards you should be able to see the new card in your account to get the numbers.
Has this changed from 20,000 points to 15,000 points for a referral? I’m asking because I saw on my account that I would get 15,000 but earlier someone on here told me 20,000.

I just canceled a UCT car rental this week. It was a little bit of a hassle because you either had to call (hold times wayyyy too long) or email (what I ultimately did) - you couldn’t just “click a button” and cancel online. But, I emailed and got a confirmation a day or two later, and my credit card was refunded a day or two after that. So all in all, relatively painless.

I have been so busy the last 2 months with work and life that I haven't had time to read this Thread. I had it open to page 158 FOREVER and have been meaning to skim the posts to catch up.

Today I looked and we are now on page 252 and decided that I don't have a few hours to skim and catch up! Lol.

So, I think I'm ready for another card to meet some MSR coming up. Was thinking of a hotel card. Open to other types too. Have the Sapphires already.

Any good SUBs available recently? TIA!

I'm driving all over lower MI the next 2 days. And here I am, looking up FDs and staples on my drives, LOL. This morning I'm hoping to load $1k at the Staples near the hockey rink my son has a game at. Then tonight, I'm hoping to hit 1-2 Staples to grab a few more cards, and then another FD on my way back to my students' competition. LOL. Tomorrow, maybe hit the same places on my way back home. Hoping the FDs I pick aren't like my closest one that's always at the store max transactions when I go in. GRRRRR!

I have been so busy the last 2 months with work and life that I haven't had time to read this Thread. I had it open to page 158 FOREVER and have been meaning to skim the posts to catch up.

Today I looked and we are now on page 252 and decided that I don't have a few hours to skim and catch up! Lol.

So, I think I'm ready for another card to meet some MSR coming up. Was thinking of a hotel card. Open to other types too. Have the Sapphires already.

Any good SUBs available recently? TIA!
You just missed the sweet ones from Hilton that had points plus FNC. You could try the IHG Biz card (newer).

I see my Giftcards.com purchase from MARCH is finally showing pending but for only 2191 which is just the 3x my purchase. I did this when the AA portal was offering the additional 1k miles for purchases over $300. I emailed them about it. For those that waited forever like me, did you get the additional 1k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter