I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the approvals!

Just FYI that the support has this in the terms:
"Since this program is about new people joining Capital One, you must be a new Capital One credit card customer for your friend to receive a bonus as part of the referral program. If you already have a credit card with Capital One, your friend will not receive a referral bonus."

I would think that applies specifically to the Venture X.
this is for the people signing up right with my support link, they must be new? not for me who is giving the support link? I did see that, and know I might not get a hit but can't hurt to put it out there?

So my son's new hockey rink finally reopened. I was EXCITED to see there is a staples 1 mile from the rink. I rolled over, grabbed 5 VGC walk up the the register and I'm told I can't buy them, the limit is 1. Now they didn't have any Staple signage up either. I pulled up the ad and showed where it states limit 5. The cashier then says, well the policy changed 3 mos ago, the ad isn't up to date. I'm like this is YOUR AD from the website. Then the manager comes over and says "it's HIS store, so HIS policy" is to only allow 1 card so others can get one and they don't sell out. I showed him again the STAPLES ad, but he flat out refused to honor it (he was very much on a power trip). I bought the 1 VGC, but then actually did the survey leaving terrible feedback. My BF said I should have demanded their names and called corporate since it's in the weekly ad.

I just know I won't be bothering going there. I was hoping to knock out another $1k of the $3700 left on my CIC #2. I saw Meijer has $10 off VCG, but you have to go through the checkout lanes, and yesterday the 3 that were open had about 20 people waiting in each. I need OD/OM to run a few more sales.

In other non-CC news....I dove into the world of crypto mining last month. Back in May the BF and I bought helium miners. They aren't cheap ($480) and take forever to get here, but my miner has made $828 in about 1.5 months. I'm torn on cashing out my investment, or letting it ride, LOL.

I was coming here to post this as well. I have the free IHG and the $89 one. I'll keep the $89 for the FNC, as I can use that at some nicer properties. I'll keep the free since there's no harm in keeping it as well. But now I need to find another cellphone protection card. I know it was the "world mastercard" offering the cellphone protection. I wonder if other cards (like the freedom flex, and the AAviator had it at one point) will be losing it too. Hmmm.
Watch stocking up if you only use the VGCs with Serve at FD…today for the first time it was showing a $ 3.95 fee to load…the cashier who knows me…thought it was odd and said to try again later today, she had no idea what was going on. Yesterday had no issues.

My Chase cards had Whole Foods at 10% off up to $7. I've got it on at least three cards. There is a WF near the HH resort so when I go to SC, I might get some food there. Usually will go to the big Kroger right near the resort.

Other use is via my Amazon Prime here at home if we happen to use it.

There was also 10% off at Chipotle.

In what the heck news, my Hyatt card has 37 offers, most of which are useless to me.

And, one of my car insurances showed up online but not due until Dec 28. I 'may' drop in my agent's office - I walk by it when I'm walking sometimes - and check see if they'll run gift cards. I can also use the Amex card for a few bucks that has $1.65 of credit left on an offer.

My vet takes them. I've done it twice now in September and October. Wasn't a plan but when I went in my bag for a card, I saw one and asked and they said 'sure'. So, over $500 paid with a 5% UR card! (Paying the regular vet stuff, nothing emergency.)

Watch stocking up if you only use the VGCs with Serve at FD…today for the first time it was showing a $ 3.95 fee to load…the cashier who knows me…thought it was odd and said to try again later today, she had no idea what was going on. Yesterday had no issues.
Wow! Thank you for the heads up. Just loaded yesterday BAU. I don’t go to FD often so if you can provide any future DP I would appreciate it.

this is for the people signing up right with my support link, they must be new? not for me who is giving the support link? I did see that, and know I might not get a hit but can't hurt to put it out there?

Definitely doesn't hurt to put it there! I'm sure there are some people with no Cap1 cards. Was just an FYI in case anyone is expecting a support bonus and don't end up getting it, that could be why.

When do new approved Chase card applications show up in your online account? Is it immediate or is it after you physically receive the card to activate it?

Mine have always been in my online account before the card arrived.

Mine usually can be seen a day or two after the application but way before I receive notice of approval or receive the card.

Same happened here to me today-I went to two different stores thinking my (not usual) cashier entered something wrong...sadly, no. This will definitely affect future VGC purchase plans if it stays. Ah well, easy come, easy go...

In my never ending quest to get to London for Spring break next year, I am considering a 7 am flight. Ugh. We would definitely stay at a hotel at the airport, so anyone ever stay at LHR Terminal 2 Hilton Garden Inn?

Same happened here to me today-I went to two different stores thinking my (not usual) cashier entered something wrong...sadly, no. This will definitely affect future VGC purchase plans if it stays. Ah well, easy come, easy go...
I was wondering if it would work asking to load $196….didn’t try that since the cashier thought something was wrong with their system

I was wondering if it would work asking to load $196….didn’t try that since the cashier thought something was wrong with their system

It did...when I left FD#1 and went to FD#2, I agonized (LOL) about what amount to load and did one with $195 and one with $196 and they went through fine. Now of course I have to remember which one has 5 whole cents v. $1.05. 😆

In my never ending quest to get to London for Spring break next year, I am considering a 7 am flight. Ugh. We would definitely stay at a hotel at the airport, so anyone ever stay at LHR Terminal 2 Hilton Garden Inn?

DW has stayed there. She thought it was fine - nothing special, but functional for an overnight stay before an early flight if flying out of T2/T3.

Will try tomorrow morning and let you know
Yeah I’m definitely curious to see where this goes. I honestly just started going to FD for the first time about a month ago. They aren’t convenient to me, but occasionally I’m nearby one. It was nice to have it as an option. Sadly it appears that may have been short lived for me. Fingers crossed it’s not permanent for those of you that are able to utilize it frequently. 😕

Yeah I’m definitely curious to see where this goes. I honestly just started going to FD for the first time about a month ago. They aren’t convenient to me, but occasionally I’m nearby one. It was nice to have it as an option. Sadly it appears that may have been short lived for me. Fingers crossed it’s not permanent for those of you that are able to utilize it frequently. 😕
Stopped on my way home…was able to load 196.05+$3.95 fee drained the $200 VGC so still works, unfortunately they are charging a fee now

Wow! Thank you for the heads up. Just loaded yesterday BAU. I don’t go to FD often so if you can provide any future DP I would appreciate it.

Just coming here to see if it was just me. I had not my usual cashier and when she said $203.95, I thought for sure she got it wrong. I swiped the Visa GC and she said I still owed $3.95, so I cancelled the transaction. I was then paranoid that the money would be gone from the GC, but when I checked the balance looks like it still has the $200. phew!
When I log onto my serve account, it still says "Serve Free Reloads." I haven't looked too deeply into it, do people think it's just a glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter