I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a dumb question, but if I load DH’s CFF into my Apple Pay and use Apple Pay at the grocery store does it still code as groceries?

Question for the Sapphire MDD experts... I PC'd the CSR to a Freedom Unlimited on Friday. Is applying for the CSP on Wednesday enough time?

Glacier update - last week the webcams were amazing. Smoke moved out. Looks like it won't last though, it is getting smoky again and a fire just started closer to the park. Unless the park or our hotels close, we are now determined to just go and knock this park off the list.

My Chase Marriott FNC just posted. On a whim, I checked for lodging in Whitefish and there is now availability and it is a 30K night room so I can use my FNC. I'll be using 4 FNCs this trip (3 Bonvoy and 1 IHG). Room prices were 449/night, so a good use on either my Chase ($95AF) or AMEX Biz ($125AF). I still have two more FNCs (IHG) but they don't expire until June 2022.

So far all hotels, flights, rental car are "free". Using PYB to "erase" all the charges (ie normal spend at grocery/home improvement with PYB). I'll put the rental car on the CSR for the insurance coverage. My CSR has a negative balance right now so it should go to zero.

I have two FD near me and both work the same way. The limits seems to be $500 overall and two transactions. The way I do it is to load $400 in one transaction with two swipes and then load $100 with one swipe. When I try to do $500 at once it accepts the first two swipes and declines the third and then the whole transaction has to be voided. And if I try to load three separate transactions at $200 each it takes the first two and then declines the third. It took some trial and error to figure out what worked, but the girls at the one store I go to are very friendly and helpful. Interestingly when I went to Walmart earlier this week the cashier asked me who the Serve cards belonged to and what they were for because they were told there’s a lot of fraud and money laundering going on surrounding those and to ask the customer. I told her they were mine but that I didn’t feel the need to explain anything more than that. It was odd.

Thank you! I know $500 is the max (though there seems to be some time frame to that). I wasn't sure the best way to do the $500. I may venture out tonight and give it a try. At the same time, it's about a 15 min drive, so I like to swing by the WM that is also over there to make it worth it (and do more cards). I think I have like $3k in cards. So the more $500 loads I can do, the better, LOL. The $200-400 on trips to WM will take me forever, LOL. I also want to get some of these cards into my bank account so I can pay down my CIU and be able to finish the spend (I'm at my $5k max right now, LOL).

I bought a vgc at Walgreens yesterday using my cc that’s entered on Google pay. There’s an offer right now for Walgreens. I forget exactly what it is, but I already have the $25 back pending in my account. The only other time I’ve used Google pay was last winter when they had the target offer. Good deal on a vgc.

Thursday I had some luck and got to load $500 at FD, and do $200 (well $198) at the closest WM. My question for the FD loaders....when you load $500, and you are using $200 VGC (yesterday was a $500 VGC), do you do it in seperate? $200, $200, $100? Or can you do 3 swipes for the $500? I have about $4k in cards I need to funnel through. And considering my WM is good only for $400 if I'm lucky....I think I want to hit FD to do these loads too!
I am trying to figure out this process. When you say "loading," do you mean loading a Serve Card? If so, which Serve do you use? I see there are 3 different options.

Last edited:
My husband received an American Express platinum mailer for 150,000 membership rewards after $6000 spend in 6 months. I'm torn. The $695 fee is so high - I do have an existing Audible subscription that could be transitioned to this card to offset some of that increase. 150k MRs is very tempting. I am not experienced with AmEx MRs. We have a CSR, CF, and 2 CIC cards that we use regularly.

I am currently patiently (maybe not)for my Peloton Bike to be delivered - a purchase prompted by the basically free access I've had to their app for the last 7 months thanks to the CSR benefit and one that will earn 10x UR on the purchase of the bike.

Realistically, we travel by air a couple times a year and maybe 4 or 5 other weekend trips by car. Am I just being suckered in with a high reward offer?

Is it typical that cruises cost more through Costco than direct from the cruise line? The one I was looking at was over $300 more.

My husband received an American Express platinum mailer for 150,000 membership rewards after $6000 spend in 6 months. I'm torn. The $695 fee is so high - I do have an existing Audible subscription that could be transitioned to this card to offset some of that increase. 150k MRs is very tempting. I am not experienced with AmEx MRs. We have a CSR, CF, and 2 CIC cards that we use regularly.

I am currently patiently (maybe not)for my Peloton Bike to be delivered - a purchase prompted by the basically free access I've had to their app for the last 7 months thanks to the CSR benefit and one that will earn 10x UR on the purchase of the bike.

Realistically, we travel by air a couple times a year and maybe 4 or 5 other weekend trips by car. Am I just being suckered in with a high reward offer?
That’s a great offer, the AF is high but if you have a use for those MRs go for it. I have transferred MRs to Delta, Flying Blue & Marriott. Have managed to get a pretty good return rate on those transfers.

I would take it, even if you never use it again the 150,000 MR is an incredible deal. Two years ago the 100,000 MR offer was called a Platicorn. I have so far transferred points to Delta to fly my entire family to WDW and will be transferring some to Hilton to book a week to take my older son to San Diego Zoo.

I haven't maximized the value of my MRs but I still think it is worth it. Even if you only cash out for Home Depot gift cards, those points are worth $1500 plus the value of the benefits.

Is it typical that cruises cost more through Costco than direct from the cruise line? The one I was looking at was over $300 more.
I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’ll throw out that I absolutely LOVE cruise compete for cruises. Put in your cruise info, and travel agents “bid” on your cruise. We have saved an absolute TON on cruises over the years. I will say that the quality of the TAs varies, so this may be best if you JUST need the cruise booked, and not a lot of hand holding on planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter