I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO, for the first time EVER, I see lots of green star offers in my Chase account:
View attachment 591610

Now I forget... are these the ones I can apply even if over 5/24, since they state "already approved"? I was going to PC my CSP to a Freedom card, but I may just be able to get one of the signup bonuses if this bypasses 5/24.

When I got one (green star offer) it bypassed 5/24, maybe 2 years ago. I was 7/24 at the time, if I remember correctly. I was definitely over 5/24. They gave me 2 business card offers and one was the CIP. They then didn't approve me and I didn't try to talk to them. Instead, I applied for my second offer (CIU) and was approved.

Oh, and at the time everybody was saying 'black star' but mine were green.

Last edited:
Any recent DPs on the Check-in for SW companion? Is it necessary to buy Early Bird for both or can I just get it on mine?

No data point on early bird with a companion ticket, but I had asked about check in a few weeks ago. We were consecutive numbers except our return flight was separated by one number originally. At some point, though,they changed it. I didn’t pay attention, but I imagine they moved me back a spot.

A few more SW questions. Trying to make sure I max out my benefits on my SW Priority card this year.

How do I figure out my anniversary year on my SW card? I got an SWPlus in Dec 2018. Upgraded to Priority in 2019. Anniversary points post in January. AF posts in June. I think that means my anniversary year is Dec - Nov maybe Jan - Dec. But not Jun- May.

Is there a tracker for the travel credit? (I know keep a spreadsheet). If I know the anniversary year then I can just go through the statements.

How much is it to purchase upgraded boarding at the airport? I know I have 4 credits but I think if I have a layover, I need to buy for each segment, not just each person, right?

Can you use SW GC on taxes and EBCI? I might need to buy a GC to use up my credit since I am probably only flying once this year.

Thanks.
You’re correct your anniversary date would be Dec-Nov. Then June-May to use your credits. I’ve done this PC 2x now, and the anniversary date stays the same, but the credits start at the PC date.

Upgraded boarding is $30 per person, and yes if you have a connection you can purchase it for one leg of the trip, or both. This credit posted very quickly

I bought a $75 gift card, but used it for airfare.

Hope that helps

A few more SW questions. Trying to make sure I max out my benefits on my SW Priority card this year.

How do I figure out my anniversary year on my SW card? I got an SWPlus in Dec 2018. Upgraded to Priority in 2019. Anniversary points post in January. AF posts in June. I think that means my anniversary year is Dec - Nov maybe Jan - Dec. But not Jun- May.

Is there a tracker for the travel credit? (I know keep a spreadsheet). If I know the anniversary year then I can just go through the statements.

How much is it to purchase upgraded boarding at the airport? I know I have 4 credits but I think if I have a layover, I need to buy for each segment, not just each person, right?

Can you use SW GC on taxes and EBCI? I might need to buy a GC to use up my credit since I am probably only flying once this year

Thanks.
I have paid $40 for priority boarding MCO-ISP…not sure if it varies by route and yes you would have to buy it for each leg if there is a layover

Well I managed to accomplish a bank bonus for my 12yo today and add ANOTHER Chase account to my login, LOL. I finally signed up my son for the Chase "first checking" as they are offering a $25 bonus. I plan on adding my daughter tonight too. She's planning on getting a job very soon, so she's wanted a checking account for awhile. They were telling me to get her a HS checking account, but the first will give her a $25 bonus and she still gets a debit card, so why not. They were trying to say she would be limited in what she can do on the first account, not sure what that means, LOL.

So I get to the airport and centurion lounge is closed so made the long trek to the club. Had some yummy chicken soup but only a cup. Not self serve so it feels wrong getting more though I'm sure they don't care. Going to check out the cookie situation too. They have a menu but when it says assorted it doesn't help.

I also can't decide if I should change locations or not. There's a beeping in the area I'm in that's starting to drive me nuts. But also not sure I could escape it.

So I get to the airport and centurion lounge is closed so made the long trek to the club. Had some yummy chicken soup but only a cup. Not self serve so it feels wrong getting more though I'm sure they don't care. Going to check out the cookie situation too. They have a menu but when it says assorted it doesn't help.

I also can't decide if I should change locations or not. There's a beeping in the area I'm in that's starting to drive me nuts. But also not sure I could escape it.

Have a good trip!

The Centurion Lounge was closed for us, too. Friends report the same. The limited hours are just ridiculous. I'm glad you found a place that was open.

Have a good trip!

The Centurion Lounge was closed for us, too. Friends report the same. The limited hours are just ridiculous. I'm glad you found a place that was open.

It's weird. I don't remember seeing a sign with hours when I was there in May. I'd have thought it'd have been open til 6.

Entire airport is freezing. Left the lounge thinking it'd be warmer at the gates and it's just as bad.

Thursday I had some luck and got to load $500 at FD, and do $200 (well $198) at the closest WM. My question for the FD loaders....when you load $500, and you are using $200 VGC (yesterday was a $500 VGC), do you do it in seperate? $200, $200, $100? Or can you do 3 swipes for the $500? I have about $4k in cards I need to funnel through. And considering my WM is good only for $400 if I'm lucky....I think I want to hit FD to do these loads too!
I have two FD near me and both work the same way. The limits seems to be $500 overall and two transactions. The way I do it is to load $400 in one transaction with two swipes and then load $100 with one swipe. When I try to do $500 at once it accepts the first two swipes and declines the third and then the whole transaction has to be voided. And if I try to load three separate transactions at $200 each it takes the first two and then declines the third. It took some trial and error to figure out what worked, but the girls at the one store I go to are very friendly and helpful. Interestingly when I went to Walmart earlier this week the cashier asked me who the Serve cards belonged to and what they were for because they were told there’s a lot of fraud and money laundering going on surrounding those and to ask the customer. I told her they were mine but that I didn’t feel the need to explain anything more than that. It was odd.

was in the Turkish lounge and asked for a sandwich, the guy was like... thats it? its free man, u should get more... i asked for 3 more sandwiches and 2 fruits and 4 cookies... he happily gave them to me...

I think the cost of upgraded boarding (much like EBCI) depends on your city pairs. My RSW route is $40 for upgraded boarding and I think $20 for EBCI.
I was going to see if anyone has seen lower EBCI. Seems like when they changed from $15 to the varying charge all of mine have been $25. I was starting to think they really didn't vary, just were always $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter