I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly this is my same struggle with SW! I've been prepping for a year to earn a CP for next year, but the flight options out of SW have become so limited it's causing me to be hesitant that it'll be worth it for us. The last 4 flights to MCO we've elected Delta over SW because of nonstop options and I'm wondering if I need to be considering a Delta card vs SW cards for a CP. I'm 4/24 so it does impact me for awhile.
Yeah I’m going for the CP as well and am a little disappointed, but honestly SW is still the most efficient and cheapest from our airport for flights to MCO (and other places), it was just nice to have the extra nonstop MCO flights because it brought the cost down (the Saturday nonstop was always too expensive) and the nonstops always had the best times (morning flights to and levenings from). Otherwise, the earliest we arrive is after 5, which pretty much means we can’t do anything on arrival day.

I'm agreeing with you and I'm a big Costco fan. Just guessing what's happening. Recently car rentals were sky high. Costco may have some sort of agreement or contract at certain price points and are stuck there for some unknown to me period.

I looked at their daily deals for a room at the Swan. I thought it looked a little high so I priced out the same dates on Costco.com and directly with the hotel. I was able to easily beat the price! This surprised me.

So some prices are dropping in the travel industry. Whether they will continue to drop or spike again, I don't know. What I think I know is that people are going to travel domestically regardless. So prices will start following supply and demand.

We leave for Orlando on Friday…I book with Costco for the free extra driver…started out with Alamo at $575 for an SUV for the week…about 2 weeks ago Avis was in the $400 so booked them…the Avis rate kept dropping…this morning it’s $288…

Which Bosch did you buy?

I think it is an 800 series (it doesn't say and I can't remember but looking online it looks like it's an 800 series). It's about 4-5 years old now and replaced a GE that died after about 10 years. Our kitchen is semi-open to the living room so my main concern was how loud it was. I was one of the few people that shopped for a dishwasher by the decibel level! It's so quiet that you can't tell it's running unless you look at the red dot on the floor. My mom is always opening it when its running when she's here! I would agree that the layout took some getting used to but I can cram a ton of dishes in it and I don't have to pre rinse anymore.

I think it is an 800 series (it doesn't say and I can't remember but looking online it looks like it's an 800 series). It's about 4-5 years old now and replaced a GE that died after about 10 years. Our kitchen is semi-open to the living room so my main concern was how loud it was. I was one of the few people that shopped for a dishwasher by the decibel level! It's so quiet that you can't tell it's running unless you look at the red dot on the floor. My mom is always opening it when its running when she's here! I would agree that the layout took some getting used to but I can cram a ton of dishes in it and I don't have to pre rinse anymore.
I took one of our dinner plates and bowls to the store when we shopped to see how they fit.

We leave for Orlando on Friday…I book with Costco for the free extra driver…started out with Alamo at $575 for an SUV for the week…about 2 weeks ago Avis was in the $400 so booked them…the Avis rate kept dropping…this morning it’s $288…
Is the $288 with Costco?
Trick I found in October. If you put your Avis number in when you booked on Costco, you can see the Costco discount code when you pull up your reservation on Avis. Then I did a new booking on Avis two days before we left, as it pulled up that same Costco rate to pay at the desk, but also a huge discount to prepay! Saved me a bunch.

Honestly this is my same struggle with SW! I've been prepping for a year to earn a CP for next year, but the flight options out of SW have become so limited it's causing me to be hesitant that it'll be worth it for us. The last 4 flights to MCO we've elected Delta over SW because of nonstop options and I'm wondering if I need to be considering a Delta card vs SW cards for a CP. I'm 4/24 so it does impact me for awhile.

There are dl biz cards with amex too if you want to go that route.

I'm agreeing with you and I'm a big Costco fan. Just guessing what's happening. Recently car rentals were sky high. Costco may have some sort of agreement or contract at certain price points and are stuck there for some unknown to me period.

I looked at their daily deals for a room at the Swan. I thought it looked a little high so I priced out the same dates on Costco.com and directly with the hotel. I was able to easily beat the price! This surprised me.

So some prices are dropping in the travel industry. Whether they will continue to drop or spike again, I don't know. What I think I know is that people are going to travel domestically regardless. So prices will start following supply and demand.

Costco was the cheapest once tax etc was included. I'll check the two sites mentioned, I've got until March. I just don't know if prices in phx will drop lile they do mco since that's the only airport that will have a lot of discussion about it.

I got this email from DVC the other day that they are switching from RCI to Interval International as an exchange partner. What are y’all thoughts on this? It said this on the email
Through Interval International, you will have access to thousands of resorts including a specially curated portfolio of high-quality properties selected especially for Members. This expanded portfolio includes well-known resorts offered by Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin, to name a few.

I got this email from DVC the other day that they are switching from RCI to Interval International as an exchange partner. What are y’all thoughts on this? It said this on the email
I think this is good, RCI was very limited. DVC was on II before RCI and I've heard that people who had DVC back then liked that better.

It's not their first switch. It really will only matter to those that have deposited points and those are good through 2023.

I bought DVC to use and not to trade out. So, epidemic comes along and changed this for many, although not me as I was lucky enough to get use out of all my points.

RCI has a lot more members and options than Interval. I think they are twice as big. But for those not interested in depositing, it doesn't matter.

I would attempt to rent my points and use the cash to buy a week somewhere rather than putting my valuable DVC points in a trading company.

The best value for DVC points remains Disney, or recoup your cash through rental. My opinion only.

Instant approval on the SW Priority today. I was going to hold off until 12/6 or 12/7 to put more time from my last app. Plus I wanted to see what the new Ink Premier SUB was going to be before I go to 5/24 until May. But got antsy wondering if they were going to pull the offer early.

Got a 1/27 due date, which I think means a 1/2 closing date.
When was the first app? I'm trying to hold off getting a second SW Biz card until 2 months after my first (so it'l be early Jan), but I've almost met my MSR...
My DP on going for a 2022/2023 CP applied for the SW Business Performance 10/10…instant approval 8k CL.
Applied for the SW Business Premier 11/25…went pending….just saw the card was approved when I logged in now…it wasn’t there this morning so approved 11/29…$8k CL
Will hit the MSR on both after 1/1
Thanks for the DPs! My SW Premier Biz closed on 12/1, due date is 12/26. I think that means the next closing will be 1/1, but I worry about hitting MSR before Jan so I've left ~$500 now.

I would really like to apply for the second SW Biz, but having gotten CSR+CSP in June, then Amex Plat in September, then the SW card, I'm not sure if this is too fast a pace. I also already have two other Chase branded cards (Amazon and Disney). Anyone have any thoughts?
I can throw spending on the Amex Plat for now, btu would rather work toward the SW CP to earn it earlier.

It's not their first switch. It really will only matter to those that have deposited points and those are good through 2023.

I bought DVC to use and not to trade out. So, epidemic comes along and changed this for many, although not me as I was lucky enough to get use out of all my points.

RCI has a lot more members and options than Interval. I think they are twice as big. But for those not interested in depositing, it doesn't matter.

I would attempt to rent my points and use the cash to buy a week somewhere rather than putting my valuable DVC points in a trading company.

The best value for DVC points remains Disney, or recoup your cash through rental. My opinion only.
Good to know! I was wondering if the transfer was 1:1. So in that case, it’s not a good deal. I was interested in using my points for Hyatt stays. Good point about just renting them out.

Is the $288 with Costco?
Trick I found in October. If you put your Avis number in when you booked on Costco, you can see the Costco discount code when you pull up your reservation on Avis. Then I did a new booking on Avis two days before we left, as it pulled up that same Costco rate to pay at the desk, but also a huge discount to prepay! Saved me a bunch.
Yes the $288 is with Costco….I did put in my Avis number so will check their site as well

When was the first app? I'm trying to hold off getting a second SW Biz card until 2 months after my first (so it'l be early Jan), but I've almost met my MSR...

A month and a week. The app before that was a month and a half. Before that I was going at the 3 month pace and had only one Chase app in 2020. It did feel a little risky. But it takes me to 5/24 until May, so will average out to the 3 month pace.

I'm chatting with Amex about a retention for my Marriott Bonvoy Biz with the $125 AF. They had 2 offers:
15k points plus 30k points if you spend $2000 within 92 days
or
$50 statement credit if you keep your card open and additional $100 statement credit after you spent $2000 within 92 days.

which does everyone think is the better offer?

I'm chatting with Amex about a retention for my Marriott Bonvoy Biz with the $125 AF. They had 2 offers:
or
$50 statement credit if you keep your card open and additional $100 statement credit after you spent $2000 within 92 days.

That's a nice offer. So total 45k points if you spend the $2000.

I like points. If you value Bonvoy at 0.7 cent per point, 15k is $105.

or

I don't have/use marriott points but would you get more than 150 in value from the 45k points?

Or would the 150 be more helpful at the moment?

Wow…I was lucky and got the ascenta in May…drove my DH crazy looking at Consumer Reports, but so far over the years I’ve had good luck with their recommendations
So after more research... what used to be the ascenta is now a 100 series but it doesn't have a stainless tub which I would like.

So after more research... what used to be the ascenta is now a 100 series but it doesn't have a stainless tub which I would like.
ours has the stainless tub, and it is VERY stained, and I have no idea why. It will not come clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter