I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airlines are required to by the U.S. Dept of Transportation to refund your money if you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking, regardless of fare type. AA should refund your money.
Unfortunately, as I understand it, the 24-hour rule doesn’t apply to bookings on the same day as the flight.

I don’t have the attention span to go through 777 pages to see if this has been asked and answered so forgive if it has. Do most of you opt for rewards cards over cash back cards and if so why? I’m researching options and wondering why a reward card like sapphire is better than a cash back card with say a 200 or more statement credit bonus. Tia

It really just depends on what your goals are. I know people who prefer cash back. I prefer the high points cards because I get more than 1% value off of my points based on how I want to travel and where I want to go and how I want to get there. For me, the high fees are outweighed by my ability to travel in a way I couldn't really afford if not using points (like flying long haul international flights in lie flat seats). There is more risk to that approach (compared to plain old cash back) since it means I need to travel, have to find the right flights and right hotel rooms at the right time, etc. to get enough value per point to make it all worthwhile. There's no one size fits all way to approach this, so you kind of need to figure out what you really want to gain and what your priorities are.

How long does it generally take Amex offers to post as a statement credit? Will it post with my next statement or should I expect to see it before then?

How long does it generally take Amex offers to post as a statement credit? Will it post with my next statement or should I expect to see it before then?

As a general rule, Amex offers will post the credit within 2-5 days after the qualifying purchase. Every now and again, gremlins get into the works over at Amex and the process doesn't work as it should.

As a general rule, Amex offers will post the credit within 2-5 days after the qualifying purchase. Every now and again, gremlins get into the works over at Amex and the process doesn't work as it should.
Ok, thanks, it probably should have posted by now then. I guess I'll give it a few more days and then message them if it hasn't shown up.

Seems to be a new ShopDisney offer on my Chase Freedom Flex this morning - P2 has it on her Freedom Unlimited.

15 days left 10/31/2021
Offer Details
Earn 10% back on all of your shopDisney purchases, until a $5.00 back maximum is reached.

I've got this too on my Chase Southwest card. Hoping for a good cash back offer before 10/31 through RetailMeNot or Rakuten so I can double up!

So if it's just 4 nights then you might actually be able to make the Chase card work. Looking at those days of the week in the preceding weeks, the pattern is off peak on weekdays, standard on Fridays and standard or peak on Saturday. So 180-190k total. Using the 50k FNC for the standard night that leaves 130-140k in points. The base earn rate on the Boundless (as well as both AmEx cards) is 2x. So the 5k MSR gets you at least 10k Bonvoy points + the 125k bonus so you'll have 135k to start. This strategy does rely on some nights being off peak.

If you don't want to chance it then the AmEx Business card would cover your bases better. Since you get 2 50k certs you'd need less points available for the remaining nights. The Business card also has additional bonus categories to earn more points - 4x for Restaurants, Gas stations, Shipping Providers, Wireless phone services purchased directly from service providers in addition to the 2x on everything.

Good luck choosing! We're here if you have any questions.
I would love to get all 4 nights paid for with points but I can always pay for the 4th night if I don’t have points correct?

Seems to be a new ShopDisney offer on my Chase Freedom Flex this morning - P2 has it on her Freedom Unlimited.

15 days left 10/31/2021
Offer Details
Earn 10% back on all of your shopDisney purchases, until a $5.00 back maximum is reached.

I check all of my Chase cards. Nothing.
Dh has it on his Unlimited and CSP. Dh can’t stand Disney and won‘t buy anything Disney. Of course, he has them.

Good luck on your race! I'm running a half tomorrow. 🏃‍♀️

Thanks! You too! I'm not at all confident in this. My first trail race but also I haven't really run since before wdw last month. Don't text and walk dark queues 😂 stubbed my toe and dis something to my ankle. Am hoping it'll be ok today but I've no idea what's going to happen. I know I can do the distance just not sure it'll be pain free and not require a dr appt this week 😊

15 days left 10/31/2021
Offer Details

Did you use one on your Flex card in September? The one I have still shows as 15 days left, but I know that I've already used it and it won't credit a second time. I've been watching for offers that can be turned into Disney gift cards.

For those in the Maryland, Delaware, DC and Virginia area, this morning I have a Giant grocery store offer for 10% up to $9 off. It specifies the above states. I'll use it for a couple of Disney cards. On my Chase Freedom.

Also had Doordash on several cards.

I check all of my Chase cards. Nothing.
Dh has it on his Unlimited and CSP. Dh can’t stand Disney and won‘t buy anything Disney. Of course, he has them.

Tell him to buy Disney egift cards and use to pay DVC dues. Can do this if you have dues set up for monthly payment.

It took me longer to collect enough through offers this year, but I got a minimum of 10% off my dues doing it this way. I've also still got to do my Staples offer of 25 of 100.

At the very least a 5% card such as CIC can save him 5% at Staples if he wants to do it lump sum. To put that into dollars: On $3000 worth of dues 5% is $150. On $2000 you would save $100. I aim for 10% plus and usually get just a little better lately (this year) as there weren't too many higher value offers. But $200 to $400 in my pocket, however I get it is still nice.

Last edited:
For those in the Maryland, Delaware, DC and Virginia area, this morning I have a Giant grocery store offer for 10% up to $9 off. It specifies the above states. I'll use it for a couple of Disney cards. On my Chase Freedom.

Also had Doordash on several cards.
I'll have to check. Thank you.

15 days left 10/31/2021
Offer Details
Thank you for posting. I have this offer in my Chase Freedom Flex.

Anyone have any luck with their Capital One Quicksilver and the bonus for shopping at the Disney Store for gift cards? Just wondering how long it took to get the statement credit, if it allows for gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter