I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duhhhh, I did the Target gift card deal on Saturday and thought since it was a deal for Red Card holders we had to pay with that card. Working on a MSR on my IHG card and should have used that instead! Got no extra points or anything other than the 10% off for using my RC. Oh well, just knew my friends here would get it!

Duhhhh, I did the Target gift card deal on Saturday and thought since it was a deal for Red Card holders we had to pay with that card. Working on a MSR on my IHG card and should have used that instead! Got no extra points or anything other than the 10% off for using my RC. Oh well, just knew my friends here would get it!
I did the same thing! I considered asking here but figured it was a red card deal. Oh well.

Trying to map out my next few cards. I will need something to charge my property taxes to in November and I just wrapped up my MSR on a CIC this week. Ideally I would like to get a SW CP since my DH's expires at the end of the year, sadly we only used it for one trip :-(
I also will need a card to keep my MRs safe once my Plat is up for renewal. I'm actually not sure when exactly that will be. I took a NLL upgrade on my Gold card at the end of January this year, my Gold had juuuust reached its one year mark then. I will also be eligible for a Sapphire bonus again in March.
Here's our current cards from the past 24 months:

P1 (3/24)-
CIP - 11/19
Amex Gold - 12/19
JetBlue Plus - 7/20
Hyatt - 11/20
CIC (with EIN didn't reach MSR needed for legit business) - 1/21
CIC (sole prop) - 7/21

P2 (4/24)-
CIP - 10/19
SW Priority - 1/20
SW Plus - 1/20
CSP - 9/20
BBP - 6/21
(also, added as AU to help meet Plat MSR)

I currently have a CSR, AF paid back in May and Travel credit resets in December. P2's AF for the CSP just posted and was going to keep so he can support me next year. I was declined a CIC in May, so I am a bit weary of trying for SW business cards. Should I maybe go for an Amex biz card for my taxes and hold out for a better bonus on the SW personals? I did get an Amex popup last time I tried, but since then took the Plat upgrade and currently have a no interest balance on the Plat and am charging all my Paypal purchases to my Bonvoy for the 10x, so hoping those will get me in their good graces again.

You should probably check for a retention offer on your plat first. It's not too early to ask. Current best seems to be 55-60k for $4000 spend.

Does anyone know how SW is handling refunds for flights they are canceling if people are finding alternative travel plans to get to their destination? We’re flying this weekend on flight credits that are expiring soon, and I’m hoping they are extending the expiration of flight credits if our flight is cancelled. I’m not really sure where to look for DPs, but I want to mentally be prepared with a couple back up options if possible.

Looks like a bunch of us got the CIC this week, LOL. I'm waiting on mine to get here and let the spending begin. Does anyone know, can I move CL from the old CIC to the new? I don't want to trigger them saying anything, as both are even in the same business name. CIC #1 was a CIP turned CIC. Also is there any reason to have 2 CIC's open? I know people like to use them for the 5x's office supply. But I normally use my Hilton Surpass, for those offers to earn my FNC, LOL.

Looks like a bunch of us got the CIC this week, LOL. I'm waiting on mine to get here and let the spending begin. Does anyone know, can I move CL from the old CIC to the new? I don't want to trigger them saying anything, as both are even in the same business name. CIC #1 was a CIP turned CIC. Also is there any reason to have 2 CIC's open? I know people like to use them for the 5x's office supply. But I normally use my Hilton Surpass, for those offers to earn my FNC, LOL.
I’ve done it via SM…just asked them to move xx amount of CL from my card ending in xxxx to my card ending in zzzz, with no issues

I called Chase and asked them to move CL from my old CIU to a newly opened CIU. They don't really care that you have two of the same product.

A DP on AmEx Platinum retention offers. My annual fee is going to come up in November, so I chatted with them today. She asked me all kinds of questions - what I use the card for, why I initially applied, etc. She pointed out what all credits I had used - the airline credit, Saks, Uber and the paypal offer. She then told me that since I had been with AmEx for 4 years, she could offer me $150 off of the annual fee. I told her I'd think about it. She then came back and offered a $300 discount on the annual fee if I spend $4,000. She also told me that the offers can change daily. I told her again that I'd think about it. I'll probably chat back with them next week or so and see what they say.

DH got an offer of a $550 statement credit with $4,000 spending, so I hate to take anything less than that honestly. We'll see what they say next time. I definitely won't be spending $695 for it.

Planning a 3 night trip to Nashville in January.
1 night at Thompson in the Gulch neighborhood to take advantage of Amex Plat credit
2 nights at Kimpton Aertson in Midtown to take advantage of a 40% off sale, and love the Kimpton brand

Myself, husband and 2 kids, 8 and 12. We've never been to Nashville. What should we know about these two areas? Nashville in January? Any recommendations for kids?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how SW is handling refunds for flights they are canceling if people are finding alternative travel plans to get to their destination? We’re flying this weekend on flight credits that are expiring soon, and I’m hoping they are extending the expiration of flight credits if our flight is cancelled. I’m not really sure where to look for DPs, but I want to mentally be prepared with a couple back up options if possible.

Their responsibility is to refund in the form of payment with which you paid. Sorry, I am unsure of any DPs regarding if they'll extend your flight credits, but you can certainly ask. Some other things to ask for if your flight is cancelled or pushed back overnight or more- hotel vouchers, food vouchers, LUV vouchers (in addition to refunding your travel funds). There are no guarantees with any of these things- but you should ask.

There is a Southwest thread on the Disboards transportation forum- perhaps there are some DPs there?

Sorry to dredge up the UR rental car questions again...
Has anyone used them for Budget, Dollar or Thrifty? I have never used Thrifty or Dollar and had a bad experience once with Budget.
If you book with Alamo or Avis with UR, can you use their direct to car options, or do you have to go to the counter?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Planning a 3 night trip to Nashville in January.
1 night at Thompson in the Gulch neighborhood to take advantage of Amex Plat credit
2 nights at Kimpton Aertson in Midtown to take advantage of a 40% off sale, and love the Kimpton brand

Myself, husband and 2 kids, 8 and 12. We've never been to Nashville. What should we know about these two areas? Nashville in January? Any recommendations for kids?

Thanks in advance!

We LOVE the Aertson in Nashville! It's our go-to hotel when in Nashville. It's close to Vandy if there's a basketball game or anything that would interest your family. It's also fairly close to Broadway and tons of restaurants. I'm not sure if you have boys or girls but there is good shopping in the Green Hills area too. We mainly go to Nashville to shop and eat. There is also a Top Golf in Nashville but you'll need a car to get there. It will likely be cold in January but, depending on where you are coming from, nothing too bad.

Last edited:
My CSP 100k support link dead, back to the usual 60k.

Nice while it lasted.

But, the year before it was 80K for some time. I got it in November of 2020 before the 100K came out and was very happy to get the 80K at the time.

So, I doubt the 60K will go too long before they pop it up a little higher.

Belated Happy Birthday! And, where did you go?

I at first thought of Disney, but wondered if there were day flights that would get you there and back.

From BWI, there used to be early morning and late evening nonstops that I would yearn over but never did. However I do know someone wo did it several times.
Thanks! It's tomorrow

We went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. I've wanted to go for years. It's a 2 hr flight for us so still kinda crazy but not too bad.

20211012_174157.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter