I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if Cruise Compete gives me a quote of $7713 vs $9449 through NCL, that should

Thanks for all your advice!! I've spent an unholy amount of time looking at booking through amex, cruisecompete, ncl and now I HAVE BOOKED THE CRUISE. I booked for the 6 of us which gives my (then) 2 college kids plenty of time to plan.

My dad was a huge traveler - he was never happier than when planning then being on a trip. We all inherited that from him. He died a month ago from a terrible cancer and I know he would love this itinerary. He discovered cruising late in life (which is why I've never been on a cruise) and he discovered Norway on his last cruise so I saw the itinerary and I knew that should be our inaugural cruise. And I know he would have asked to tag along (which we would have gladly agreed to).

That was fast! What a beautiful way to honor your dad's memory.

Thinking about trying to use the AmEx Plat airline credits. Does charging the $5.60 for the taxes on a points booking on Southwest qualify? If so, that will eat a bit of it up, but I don't remember reading that those trigger the credit, so I'm guessing this won't help me any.
Yes the $5.60 triggers the credit. Just had a bunch credit last week.

No use for it here.

In Florida I actually bought groceries at Walmart, while on vacation.

Here, never. If there are stores similar to what I went to in Florida, I haven't seen them here near me, but there are limited groceries at Target also.

I'm more likely to do Safeway, Giant, Costco, Sam's, Aldi, Shopper's, Wegman's, Trader Joe's.
I like that Walmart+ is not just for groceries. You get free shipping with no minimum on most items WM sells, similar to Amazon Prime. I got the membership better than free through a combo of offers several months ago and have used it many times. I don't think I would pay the monthly fee for the service, but it's definitely worth it for free.

I'm seeing 10% at Sam's through Swagbucks. Wanting to buy my Shark robot vacuum. The only exclusion seems to be Apple products, but am I missing anything?

You'll have to let me know how the robot vacuum goes with a puppy... Almost got one a few years ago but could not justify it... Now with the amount of hair this pup is shedding I think its time to find one! I can't keep up.

My Amex BBP has a staples offer. Spend $100 get $25 back.
I also see an AmEx offer for RCCL that I didn't see before, so it's new for me at least.

Royal Caribbean International
Spend $1,500 or more get $500 back. Expires 12/31/21. Can be one or more transactions.

Thanks - I just went through my offers last night and neither of these were there. I got the staples on my Hilton Biz card and the RCCL on my plat and DH got the RCCL for Spend $1,000 get $350 back on his plat.

One question - DH is working toward spend for a retention offer, if I would use his offer to spend $1,000 get $350 back, the $650 actual money spent would count toward his retention offer, correct?

Thanks!

You'll have to let me know how the robot vacuum goes with a puppy... Almost got one a few years ago but could not justify it... Now with the amount of hair this pup is shedding I think its time to find one! I can't keep up.
Mine thankfully don't shed but the puppy won't go outside by herself so we both track so much dirt in the house. It's driving me bonkers. And she currently barks when I vacuum so this should be interesting. I'm just hoping the old dog (who is currently in the cone of shame) doesn't get sucked up! (I will probably have the vacuum clean when we're all upstairs.)

Mine thankfully don't shed but the puppy won't go outside by herself so we both track so much dirt in the house. It's driving me bonkers. And she currently barks when I vacuum so this should be interesting. I'm just hoping the old dog (who is currently in the cone of shame) doesn't get sucked up! (I will probably have the vacuum clean when we're all upstairs.)

LOL. I am more worried it will be attacked. :eek:

Has anyone opened a Chase Business Checking account online? Can that be done? There is a $400 bonus that I'm interesting in getting but I don't want to do it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter