I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used my Chase Freedoms several times at Safeway in Alexandria for GC in July, since they are giving 5X UR which translates to 7.5% with the CSR redemption, Haven't tried my AmEx though.

It doesn't have anything to do with the card but the store(s) not allowing cc at all for gc. It's not a chain wide thing

I am going to get Dh’s present early since Costco has $55 off the Apple Watch 6. (finishes off my Hawaiin Barclay MSR)

I can’t tell him so I don’t know if I need 40 or 44? He puts my old one on no problem 🤷‍♀️ We are pretty average size with DH being short and thin so I’m thinking 40?

I am going to get Dh’s present early since Costco has $55 off the Apple Watch 6. (finishes off my Hawaiin Barclay MSR)

I can’t tell him so I don’t know if I need 40 or 44? He puts my old one on no problem 🤷‍♀️ We are pretty average size with DH being short and thin so I’m thinking 40?

I got the bigger one - older eyes need it as big as possible! We actually have both sizes in our house and side by side I can't see a difference.

Thanks, everyone for the AP feedback! This is all new to us as my high school didn’t AP classes and that was over 30 years ago anyways. DS’s school allows for a max of 2 APs a year beginning in 11th grade. 9th grade he couldn’t take any and this year is allowed 1. I tried to sign him up for college credits over the summer at our local community college but you need to be 16 and he is barely 14 so he will be a senior before that is a summer option. His private school does have dual enrollment (at a local college not community college) beginning in 11th grade so I will look into that for next year.

Definitely get the bigger one- my DH is fairly small (5’9”, 165lbs) when he tried on my 40 it looked kind of silly on his arm.

I think of the 44 as gender neutral and the 40 as women's. Not saying a man can't wear a 40, but it's not common from what I've seen. I have a small wrist and there's no way I'd go to a 44 but lots of women have them.

Last edited:
So I've got over 200K Chase UR. Placed a deposit for the Disney Wish for 2023 directly with Disney. Can I use my UR to pay the outstanding balance by calling the Chase Cruise Department for an existing reservation? Or does it have to be a brand new reservation with Chase?

So I've got over 200K Chase UR. Placed a deposit for the Disney Wish for 2023 directly with Disney. Can I use my UR to pay the outstanding balance by calling the Chase Cruise Department for an existing reservation? Or does it have to be a brand new reservation with Chase?
Unfortunately, you can no longer use UR directly to pay for Disney (WDW, DL, DCL). The best you can do is cash out your URs via PYB.

ust called me to tell me they are sending them home a week early because of rising numbers. Ughhhh. I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come for fall again. I guess this ties in with the earlier question of are you worried about upcoming travel.
I think of the 44 as gender neutral and the 40 as women's. Not saying a man can't wear a 40, but it's not common from what I've seen. I have a small wrist and there's no way I'd go to a 44 but lots of women have them.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I would say 44 for sure for a man. I would love to have a 44, old eyes. But even though I have a very broad back/rib cage, I have tiny wrists so I can't wear the 44.

ust called me to tell me they are sending them home a week early because of rising numbers. Ughhhh. I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come for fall again. I guess this ties in with the earlier question of are you worried about upcoming travel.
[/QUOTE]
I am also looking to get the 44 for DH (I have the 40). Series 6 44 is sold out on Costco online. Too bad, because this is a good price.

Paid off my second motorcycle today! (sadly, not by using a credit card). That's one less monthly bill (and interest) to worry about.

Regarding a suggestion for me up above-

If someone is an AU on a card, does that count against the AU's 5/24?
Congrats, that's such a nice feeling to have something paid off.

With Chase, yes the AU will count against 5/24 unless the original card has been open for longer than 24 months. For example, I added DH as an AU to a card that was opened in 2017 - that does not count toward his 5/24. When did your DH get his CSP?

DS finally has his schedule and now needs to read a book, takes notes and read 3 chapters in the next 3 weeks before his AP Human Geography class starts. They are going to have a test on the book 3 days after they return. How crazy! Are AP classes really like that? Oh, and they have to sign a contract. It’s just wild. I am pretty sure none of this happens at our public school.

I know I'm late to this but- my sons' freshman AP World History classes (my older son is a senior now, younger son is a freshman) have been INSANE with the sheer volume of homework. And to top it all off.... my older son ended up never even taking the AP test anyway!!! *sigh* add that workload to a heavy schedule that includes marching band, and freshman year is HARD.

Congrats, that's such a nice feeling to have something paid off.

With Chase, yes the AU will count against 5/24 unless the original card has been open for longer than 24 months. For example, I added DH as an AU to a card that was opened in 2017 - that does not count toward his 5/24. I don't know when your DH got his CSP but I'm guessing it was within the past 24 months.

OK that's what I figured; thank you. Yes, he just got his within the last couple months.

Decisions, decisions....

I just met the spend on my SW Biz card. I won’t get the 60,000RR until statement close correct? This will also get me my Companion Pass. Will that pop up as soon as the 60,000 hits my acct?

I decided to cancel my JetBlue flights in Dec. I don’t want to be getting home Sunday night at 9pm with the kids having to go to school the next morning. I spent over 2 hrs on hold only to be told I couldn’t change to Sat bc there were no seats on the afternoon flight. I could switch to Sat at 9pm but had to do it online bc I booked with points. No thanks Jet Blue. I will save my Jet Blue points for awhile until things settle down and my SW CP expires.

I just met the spend on my SW Biz card. I won’t get the 60,000RR until statement close correct? This will also get me my Companion Pass. Will that pop up as soon as the 60,000 hits my acct?

I decided to cancel my JetBlue flights in Dec. I don’t want to be getting home Sunday night at 9pm with the kids having to go to school the next morning. I spent over 2 hrs on hold only to be told I couldn’t change to Sat bc there were no seats on the afternoon flight. I could switch to Sat at 9pm but had to do it online bc I booked with points. No thanks Jet Blue. I will save my Jet Blue points for awhile until things settle down and my SW CP expires.
You are correct the RR points will post to your SW account after the statement closes…and the CP will show in your account in a few days…at least that was our experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter