I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anyone say either way on reddit either, though could have missed it. But also don't remember anything other than people talking about the change not what it might do.

We all know how citi sometimes changes a number and sometimes doesn't with a pc and that affects 5/24. So is chase smart enough with their own system to undetstand that you didn't get a new card?
1 DP shows new account date (presuming would add to 5/24?):

1 DP shows old account date (should not add to 5/24):

You would be a good data point as well, if you can check your credit report to see what the account opening date shows as?

I PCd my CSR (opening date Oct 2016) to a CFF in March of this year. The opening date is still the original October 2016 on both Equifax and TransUnion on my CreditKarma account.

I haven’t been on Reddit in a long time but today I decided to catch back up. Every thread I click on shows no posts. Am I doing something wrong?

I haven’t been on Reddit in a long time but today I decided to catch back up. Every thread I click on shows no posts. Am I doing something wrong?

every 6 months, posts get archived. We have to restart the posts every 6 months so its likely it just happened and no one has posted in them yet.

You will need to call unfortunately. Otherwise, you’ll lose the EBCI.
Good luck with everything. Moving is stressful! I still am trying to get my paperwork/office stuff organized. Otherwise, relatively organized but still have boxes all over 2 weeks later.
I managed to change our flight, same day, later time. By changing, not canceling, I kept ECBI though I'm sure I'm at the end of the line now.

Not sure if anyone is planning on using the Disney Visa promo at WDW for the bonus points. DP from my DD using mine a couple of weeks ago. The only charges that qualified for the 5x were a couple of shops at DTD. I wonder how it would have credited had she linked it to her magic band and had it as a room charge. Bummed I missed out on the bonus but thought my experience might help someone else!

Yes, you can. I PC’d DH’s CF to a CSR while he is holding the CSP last month. No problem at all.

I PCd my CSR (opening date Oct 2016) to a CFF in March of this year. The opening date is still the original October 2016 on both Equifax and TransUnion on my CreditKarma account.

Thank you everyone! It's good to see all the different DP out there.

Not sure if anyone is planning on using the Disney Visa promo at WDW for the bonus points. DP from my DD using mine a couple of weeks ago. The only charges that qualified for the 5x were a couple of shops at DTD. I wonder how it would have credited had she linked it to her magic band and had it as a room charge. Bummed I missed out on the bonus but thought my experience might help someone else!

I have seen reports on a different thread where people were able to call Chase and have their restaurant charges counted toward the bonus. Maybe try SM also. It seems a little ridiculous you would even have to do this but I would definitely make them count it all.

I hear Away is all the rage :) We have 3 of the hard shell carryons (plus 2 med and 3 large) and I really like them. They have a soft sided version also.
I received a soft side Away carry on bag with matching Everywhere bag as a gift. I absolutely love them! I was surprised over how much the suitcase holds. It checks all of your requirement boxes as well.

Just wanted to come back and say THANK Y’ALL for the Away suitcase recommendation! I got the Expandable Bigger Carry-On and absolutely love it! I think I’m going to get the Expandable Medium too, even though my suitcase that size is still in decent shape. Thanks again!

Please bear with me on this convoluted question. I don’t travel internationally very often so this is all new to me -

We are flying Raleigh to Switzerland, and then Munich to Raleigh next July. For a variety of reasons, we are definitely using United miles for this trip. (Yes I know about the United excursionist perk but it would not have worked for us.)

I booked the Raleigh-Switzerland leg as soon as the schedule opened (and glad I did because our flight was 30k miles when I booked vs 64k today, a week later).

Our Munich-Raleigh flight dates should open up next week, and I’ve been looking at flights to get a feel for schedules. I noticed that all of the Munich-Raleigh flights include taxes and fees of about $160 per person.

We booked these same flights back in 2020 and paid only nominal taxes and fees, BUT we booked it as one multi-city ticket, instead of two separate one way tickets like we are now. I’m assuming that’s the difference?

So my question(s) - given my situation, any way to avoid paying those high taxes/fees? I’m wondering if I could change my existing flight to add on the Munich-Raleigh leg to make it a multi-city ticket, like we had last summer? Although I’m not sure if we would then lose the 30k rate for our outbound flights?

Thanks so much for any suggestions. I’m prepared to suck it up and pay the taxes, but didn’t want to miss an easy way to avoid that.

Please bear with me on this convoluted question. I don’t travel internationally very often so this is all new to me -

We are flying Raleigh to Switzerland, and then Munich to Raleigh next July. For a variety of reasons, we are definitely using United miles for this trip. (Yes I know about the United excursionist perk but it would not have worked for us.)

I booked the Raleigh-Switzerland leg as soon as the schedule opened (and glad I did because our flight was 30k miles when I booked vs 64k today, a week later).

Our Munich-Raleigh flight dates should open up next week, and I’ve been looking at flights to get a feel for schedules. I noticed that all of the Munich-Raleigh flights include taxes and fees of about $160 per person.

We booked these same flights back in 2020 and paid only nominal taxes and fees, BUT we booked it as one multi-city ticket, instead of two separate one way tickets like we are now. I’m assuming that’s the difference?

So my question(s) - given my situation, any way to avoid paying those high taxes/fees? I’m wondering if I could change my existing flight to add on the Munich-Raleigh leg to make it a multi-city ticket, like we had last summer? Although I’m not sure if we would then lose the 30k rate for our outbound flights?

Thanks so much for any suggestions. I’m prepared to suck it up and pay the taxes, but didn’t want to miss an easy way to avoid that.
It's possible that the airport taxes are higher in Munich than Zurich, which could account for the difference in fees for the tickets. Personally I prefer to leave flights as one way just in case something changes. I have no experience with United, so can't comment on if you can make your flight a multi-city ticket to add the Munich leg. Please let us know what happens when you book your return flight next week.

I have seen reports on a different thread where people were able to call Chase and have their restaurant charges counted toward the bonus. Maybe try SM also. It seems a little ridiculous you would even have to do this but I would definitely make them count it all.
I did send a SM. The reply says " the offer says SOME Disney locations." It's irritating. It was only about $300 worth of charges, so $15. I'm not going to bother pursuing further. But what a worthless tease of a promotion.

I did send a SM. The reply says " the offer says SOME Disney locations." It's irritating. It was only about $300 worth of charges, so $15. I'm not going to bother pursuing further. But what a worthless tease of a promotion.

Well that is crap. lol I looked back at the offer and it actually says MOST not some, which makes a difference to me, with an asterisk of Disney owned and operated. I would guess anything in parks should qualify but maybe not Disney Springs restaurants. Sorry, that is frustrating.

Has anyone tested only buying Early Bird for 1 person on your reservation?

I purchased EBC for DH and both DDs, I have the CP ticket so didn't purchase it. But wondering if it checks in everyone if I just buy DH EBC.

Well that is crap. lol I looked back at the offer and it actually says MOST not some, which makes a difference to me, with an asterisk of Disney owned and operated. I would guess anything in parks should qualify but maybe not Disney Springs restaurants. Sorry, that is frustrating.

Was that the second offer, May 15 to Aug 15? I added it and did maybe 1 gas charge, then moved on as I had a similar offer on Hyatt and IHG. I've used the Hyatt one most, but really just for gas to get the 5%. I maxed the first Disney offer and Hyatt offer to get my 7500 points for both and mostly skipped the IHG. The follow up offer was almost strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!