I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you have a miles and points problem when...

You’re at Disney when you get a notification that Dosh has 6% CB at OD during OD’s buy $300 in Visa GCs, get $15 off sale, but the 6% at Dosh is only for 24 hours, and you immediately Google maps where the closest OD is.

(Answer: almost 8 miles away. Resisting, but not happy about it.)
Definitely on my list of places to go today. 😆

To increase your odds of instant approval. Chase will look at how many accounts you've opened in the past 24 months, and how frequently you picked those up. If, in their estimation, you are acquiring credit at an accelerated pace then they see you as more of a credit risk.

OK thanks! So, if I did this (applied for two Chase cards at a <90 day interval) and was instantly approved for both, I wouldn't have anything to worry about? I'm not planning on seriously churning (in fact, I might be planning to keep one or both of these cards long-term) so I'm not necessarily that worried about future approvals, but got a little over-enthusiastic about good start-up bonuses that could be applied to an upcoming trip!

OK thanks! So, if I did this (applied for two Chase cards at a <90 day interval) and was instantly approved for both, I wouldn't have anything to worry about? I'm not planning on seriously churning (in fact, I might be planning to keep one or both of these cards long-term) so I'm not necessarily that worried about future approvals, but got a little over-enthusiastic about good start-up bonuses that could be applied to an upcoming trip!
You should be good to go as long as you keep at least 90 days in between applications with Chase. But know that any new cc, even with a different bank, will count toward your 5/24 status. Chase also pays attention to your total credit line with them, especially in regards to its proportion to your household income.

Need help from SW experts. I have never canceled a flight that already had EBCI. I can't remember if you need to call to change the flight or you can change online, or it becomes a credit or whatever. How do I change a flight with EBCI ??
I'm totally stressing out because I'm trying to pack our house to move, finish mortgage paperwork and meet with lawyer when school emails to say in person registration is in a week, the day we fly to MCO. So I found a later flight so we can do registration at 8 am then drive straight to airport but I'm not sure how to do it with EBCI

I asked on the dining board, but any suggestions for outdoor dining at WDW? Anyone know if Homecomin', House of Blues, B&C, Frontera or Sebastian's has outdoor seating now? I'm pretty sure 'Ohana won't so I think I'll cancel our ADR there.
If you don’t mind going to a resort, Coronado Springs has a restaurant in the middle of their lake that was very pleasant and had delicious sangria. It’s similar to Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge (another good option). Of course, check if they are open.

Hi and welcome! First thing to think about is spacing. With Chase cards, it's recommended to space cards about 90 days apart. Since P1 and P2 both just got a card, you have a bit of time before you might want to apply for another. This is great time to start to map things out.

You mentioned a few aspirations- 2022 Greece and SW companion pass. IRT 2022 Greece, when booking award flights, especially business or first class, you usually need about a year in advance to book, which means you need those points already accrued at least a year prior. Given the wonky travel situation, you may find some award availability less than a year in advance, but perhaps not. I like to use awardhacker (It's not perfect, but good) to help me figure out what airline program I would use for points- so then I can try to get a card where I can transfer/earn points for that program. But, you really do have to check things out to see how much you'd pay in points and taxes vary quite a bit between programs, as does award seat availability. So you'll likely need to do some research for this!

SW companion pass. Do some research on the best timing of this- usually towards the end of the year, so that you are earning companion pass for 2022 and 2023. Keep this timing in mind when you are mapping out what cards to get next.

Also consider business cards if you have a business, like selling things on facebook, etc.

I'm sure others will chime in with some advice on specific cards. Doctor of Credit is a favorite site for good cc offerings. Remember, P1 and P2 should always send support links to each other, to earn additional points when applying for a card. Amex is nice for that bc if you have ANY Amex card, you can support each other to any other Amex card. If it's a card P1 or P2 don't have, you can always show your love to a friend here by joining our reddit group. You should receive a message to join if you haven't already.

Again, welcome, and keep asking questions!
Thank you kindly!

Need help from SW experts. I have never canceled a flight that already had EBCI. I can't remember if you need to call to change the flight or you can change online, or it becomes a credit or whatever. How do I change a flight with EBCI ??
I'm totally stressing out because I'm trying to pack our house to move, finish mortgage paperwork and meet with lawyer when school emails to say in person registration is in a week, the day we fly to MCO. So I found a later flight so we can do registration at 8 am then drive straight to airport but I'm not sure how to do it with EBCI
You will need to call unfortunately. Otherwise, you’ll lose the EBCI.
Good luck with everything. Moving is stressful! I still am trying to get my paperwork/office stuff organized. Otherwise, relatively organized but still have boxes all over 2 weeks later.

Call or use Twitter when you have EBCI. I use Twitter and it's super easy.

Good question- this has happened to a lot of us early on. I’d recommend you put some extra time between you and Chase on the next application. Here is some expert guidance on pacing from @SouthFayetteFan

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61161429

Hi question for the people who have ever lowered their Chase limit. I want to downgrade Reserve
to CFF. Since this is an infinite card you can only lower it to 10k? So do that and downgrade and then
lower CFF to 5k? I might reapply for Chase Saph pref. But even if i don't I would like my credit limits
lowered so in case another good chase bonus/card comes I will be ready.

MDD and Chase experts, I need your help...

I was instantly approved for the CSP yesterday and I was planning on doing the CSR today but I am chickening out. I'm afraid I will get shutdown and I have too many things with Chase and I don't want to risk it. I will also will be 5/24 if I do that and I want to apply for a biz card next. Does anyone know if I PC the Freedom Flex (MC) to the CSR, will that affect my 5/24?

Thanks in advance.

I was instantly approved for the CSP yesterday and I was planning on doing the CSR today but I am chickening out. I'm afraid I will get shutdown and I have too many things with Chase and I don't want to risk it. I will also will be 5/24 if I do that and I want to apply for a biz card next. Does anyone know if I PC the Freedom Flex (MC) to the CSR, will that affect my 5/24?

Thanks in advance.
I thought you could only have one Chase Sapphire card at a time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.
A PC from Chase will not affect 5/24.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think they will let you PC the CFF to a CSR if you already have a CSP.

Has this been proven with these cards though? It's switching from a mc to a visa and will give you a new card number.
Yikes, I hope not. I PC'd my CSP to a CFF and, as you said, I got a new number since it's a MC. I never thought about it adding to my 5/24.

Yikes, I hope not. I PC'd my CSP to a CFF and, as you said, I got a new number since it's a MC. I never thought about it adding to my 5/24.

I haven't seen anyone say either way on reddit either, though could have missed it. But also don't remember anything other than people talking about the change not what it might do.

We all know how citi sometimes changes a number and sometimes doesn't with a pc and that affects 5/24. So is chase smart enough with their own system to undetstand that you didn't get a new card?

Thanks in advance.
Has this been proven with these cards though? It's switching from a mc to a visa and will give you a new card number.

1 DP shows new account date (presuming would add to 5/24?):

1 DP shows old account date (should not add to 5/24):

You would be a good data point as well, if you can check your credit report to see what the account opening date shows as?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter