• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone have issues with the 50x RR deal on June 11? I have an email from Southwest showing I made the purchase on June 11 and my RR account shows that the purchase was made on June 11 but my card shows a transaction date of June 12 and therefore I didn't receive the bonus. I've sent Chase a SM to see if there's anything they can do but I was curious if anyone else experienced the same issue? I made the purchase before 9am on June 11 so I don't understand why the transaction date is the next day.

Well back in MI. Sadly I didn't get to hit all the FD on my way to the airport as I had hoped. Plus one of my cards did not play nice (kept saying wrong pin). I got the same manager at the FD yesterday afternoon leaving the beach. She was willing to load every card I had. I should have tried and waiting out the timing and done it with her. She was SWEET! Anyways, I think I have $500 to cycle here and home and $400 still in my car. Maybe I'll try and find the nearest FD here.

i'm so happy my BF left his car for me to take at the airport (he's in Vegas coming home today). Ubers were almost $100 last night. Normally it's $30! I'm scared to see what we'll pay in Vegas!

Last night AA was offered vouchers for my CLT to DTW flight. I decided to check them out. The flight options were over 8 hours and 3 connections! It would be faster to fly. Needless to say, I did NOT offer my ticket up, LOL. I will say I was upset I couldn't jump on the AA Barclay offer (I still have mine, I need to close it out). They were doing 60k and waiving the annual fee. Though if AA keeps it up, I won't be flying them anymore, LOL. Except for the fact they are the ONLY one who flies to the tiny NC airports.

Elevated Amex Delta offers are back. I missed out last time waiting for the cc limit to go back to 5 in the automated system. Got the Delta biz gold for DH. Offer better than before, MSR might be higher (can't remember) - 75k miles and $200 credit after 1 Delta purchase, $4000 spend, AF waived. Available via support. Happy the 30k elevated support on my Gold came back, though I used it once already, so will hit the max and get 25k.

Some come with 12 months 0% APR on purchases, if that matters to anyone.

List of the offers. I would have linked DoC, but some of his numbers look off (unless there are different versions?).
https://dannydealguru.com/big-offers-for-amex-delta-cards/
Ahhhh, the dang Delta offers. I'm waiting on grabbing a Platinum one. But Amex hates me. And I'm trying to do 2 Chase cards (and possibly the MDD). I just keep telling myself the offers will come back!

I need some advice please! Our family of 4 (DH, me, DS10 and DD8) are supposed to go to Hawaii next month and I have some questions!

Our original AA flights (all booked on points) were updated so now we’re flying 8 am – 9:24 am ICT to DFW, then 1:25 pm – 4:17 pm OGG. This means we’ll have a 4 hour layer in DFW before our (almost) 8 hour flight to Maui. I noticed that online there’s a flight from ICT to DFW at 10:43 am – 12:07 pm. Do you think I should see if we can get changed to the later flight? I’m a little scared that wouldn’t give us much time to eat, and if our flight is late we could possibly miss the OGG flight. But, 4 hours seems like a really long time in DFW. Which brings me to my next question. DH and I both have the Aspire, which I believe gives us Priority lounge access and should allow the kids to be able to get in also, correct? Is there more than one lounge there? I’ve never actually been in an airport lounge (I feel like such a newb!) What is there to do there? Eat? Anything for the kids? Where is it located? I looked online and it seems like there are different ones in different terminals – is that right?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for great excursions? We’ll be in Maui 4 nights and Oahu 4 nights.

Thank you in advance for any help! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
If you are going to be dealing w/ AA, do it sooner than later! The wait times are stupid! As for the lounges I think it varies. I've only been in a few. I am a picky person, but I don't remember there being a ton of "filling" food. There are light snacks, maybe soups, etc. I know during Rona there as been even less in the lounges I've visited.

Sigh.... anyone do a bank account promo and NOT get the promised bonus? This makes #2 for me.... and they're legit my bank! A few years back BoA didn't give me the bonus offer, now Citizens....think I'll have any luck calling and asking what's up? I'm getting ticked
I'm scared my BOA bonus won't post. It took FOREVER to deposit to the account. I finally was able to add money the last day (15th day after opening), but it didn't post for almost a week. The banker felt like I should get the bonus still and told me to save the deposit receipt which shows the day I deposited.

Did anyone else have to log in and enable 2 step verification? Weird as I'm always logged in and I came back from a run and went to catch up and had it. Wonder if it's related to the back or something. I did see I could disable it.

It's me, still having issues with the above and had to create a new name to post on the tech board since I'm rarely getting the boards to load with this 2 factor id enabled.

And when I try to disable it, it won't let me do anything until it's enabled again.

Venmo: Is there any CC strategy associated with Venmo?

Wondering if I should link a particular CC or just a bank account (new at this)?

Venmo's been pretty YMMV for me lately. A lot of times, im able to add credit cards to it, but then it denies on transactions i try to do. I havent done it in awhile though. i would suggest another method if you can.

Did anyone have issues with the 50x RR deal on June 11? I have an email from Southwest showing I made the purchase on June 11 and my RR account shows that the purchase was made on June 11 but my card shows a transaction date of June 12 and therefore I didn't receive the bonus. I've sent Chase a SM to see if there's anything they can do but I was curious if anyone else experienced the same issue? I made the purchase before 9am on June 11 so I don't understand why the transaction date is the next day.
Did your statement close yet? Mine have been posting with the statement close. I have received two personals so far and have other 5k coming on 7/4.

I know others have gotten Chase ATT offers in the past. This is the first time I am seeing any on my cards. However it says Earn $45 back when you spend $48.75 or more to make the switch and open a new line on an eligible AT&T unlimited wireless plan. I am wondering if it works just to pay a normal bill.

I made my purchase at probably 11:45 pm. lol I just got busy and didn't do it earlier and mine credited. What did you buy?

Sigh.... anyone do a bank account promo and NOT get the promised bonus? This makes #2 for me.... and they're legit my bank! A few years back BoA didn't give me the bonus offer, now Citizens....think I'll have any luck calling and asking what's up? I'm getting ticked
A few years back, I had to file a complaint to get BoA to honor a bonus. I had documentation to support everything and notes from phone conversations. I would call Citizens to find out what's going on.

I made my purchase at probably 11:45 pm. lol I just got busy and didn't do it earlier and mine credited. What did you buy?
I bought RR points. I know they aren’t a good value but with the extra 5,000 points the amount received is a good deal. Also buying points was listed as part of the deal.

I (dd) received an e-mail from Chase asking for address verification (for the CSP). I uploaded a pic of her Chase bank statement and her SSN card.

Is this positive? Once I submitted the auto response said they would review further.

A question for those of you who sell on eBay--have you updated your seller info, including SSN and bank account? I hate giving out this info. I only sell occasionally on eBay, but I do like to have the option. Not sure what the alternatives are.
I did. Wasn't that thrilled but I did get paid quite promptly on the two things I sold so far

I bought a new car yesterday (yay!). We did the dealership 0% financing (boo on the hard pull!). The dealership showed DH’s credit score around 760ish. He immediately started grumbling that it was under 800 because of all of my credit card shenanigans. I just checked Credit Journey through his Chase account, and that shows his credit score as 830+. Any ideas why there would be such a disparity? And which one is correct??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter