• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a link I can read to brush up on MR? I really need to understand how they work and how to use them a little better- if I have 2 MR earning cards,do the points combine automatically? or is it always 2 separate MR 'pools'?

Is there a link I can read to brush up on MR? I really need to understand how they work and how to use them a little better- if I have 2 MR earning cards,do the points combine automatically? or is it always 2 separate MR 'pools'?
I don’t know of a link but, yes, AmEx automatically pools all MR earning cards (personal and Biz) but you can’t combine with a P2.

Last edited:
Also the SW magic change window is open for flights I’ve got in late October.
Thanks…checked, but it’s not open in late October for our ISP-MCO flights.
I use to be able to change them whenever the window opened…the last 2 windows nothing was changeable on that route for any dates I tried:(

Flights are booked for our Disney trip after Thanksgiving!

Anyone else feel stressed? Of course the opened flights when I was dropping DS6 off at school. Come home and DD4 is asking me a million questions, DD16 is texting me.

Ended up going with SW down to MCO and JetBlue coming home. I am not sure I was better off transferring MR to JetBlue vs paying cash and cashing out to Schwab but I just needed it done.

I have a super old capital one card that I realized I haven't used in years and don't know where it is. I need to call to get a replacement so I can use it before it ends up getting closed. But I was wondering since I have to call anyway, will they product change without a credit pull? I'm not familiar with capital one's processes. It's a card to earn points towards GM vehicles, which I initially got 13 years ago for a balance transfer offer. I've never had a use for those points and have never even accrued any. So looking to change it if it won't give me a hard pull.

Now that our Nov./Dec. trip is booked I need to figure out our Hawaii trip.
I can’t decide where I want to stay in Waikiki.
Bonus MR transfer to Hilton ends in a few days. 😬😬😬
I am so bad at making decisions.
Every time I think I decided I change my mind.
Hilton Hawaiian Village, Embassy Suites, Royal Hawaiian and Sheraton Waikiki are my final choices.
If I pick one of the first two I need to transfer points to Hilton soon.

Ugh I see my my AF posted on my CSR and I guess I will keep it since they also posted the $100 fee adjustment. Can I do PYB to offset the AF?

Also, what's the best way to utilize the CSR travel credit? It's gas, groceries, or travel, however gas and groceries still earn points but the first $300 in travel will not earn points even if you use your travel credit on groceries...

I have better cards for gas and groceries right now but I guess there's no incentive to use the CSR for travel expenses if I have an alternative card with a travel bonus category. It's so stressful to try to figure out the best way to earn category bonus points.

I have a super old capital one card that I realized I haven't used in years and don't know where it is. I need to call to get a replacement so I can use it before it ends up getting closed. But I was wondering since I have to call anyway, will they product change without a credit pull? I'm not familiar with capital one's processes. It's a card to earn points towards GM vehicles, which I initially got 13 years ago for a balance transfer offer. I've never had a use for those points and have never even accrued any. So looking to change it if it won't give me a hard pull.

Is the card showing on your credit report? Do you have an online account? Sometimes cards that go unused for years get closed quietly.

Got dd's flights for Thanksgiving (although her dad said they may go to Chicago since his mom has terminal cancer).

Then got our Christmas tickets. Flying nonstop out of Reagan (I am anti-connecting flights at the moment) to Fort Myers. Problem is my brother's family always spends Christmas with my parents. And my son needs to get back on 1/2. And my brother's kids don't get out of school until 12/23. And I want to arrive 12/26. And my parent's house is not set up right for eleven people (several with strong opinions who aren't afraid to be vocal). So now my sil and I are trying to make this work.

Now that our Nov./Dec. trip is booked I need to figure out our Hawaii trip.
I can’t decide where I want to stay in Waikiki.
Bonus MR transfer to Hilton ends in a few days. 😬😬😬
I am so bad at making decisions.
Every time I think I decided I change my mind.
Hilton Hawaiian Village, Embassy Suites, Royal Hawaiian and Sheraton Waikiki are my final choices.
If I pick one of the first two I need to transfer points to Hilton soon.
I'm right there with you! I need to decide if I should transfer 130K MRs to Marriott for our 5 night at The Royal Hawaiian. or Just 105K for the Laylow. Or nothing since I'm only transferring because my parents are supposed to be going with us, but they are so flaky about vacations.

Well, the ocean is always sort of cold. The pool would be heated to the same extent most Disney pools are heated. There used to be a baby pool in a sheltered area. Probably still there and if the sun is strong enough, probably quite warm.

I see there are a few nights still left that include the actual day. I'm guessing you are talking about a speculative reservation that someone is selling? Have you checked through Disney? Slight chance it might not be as pricy as WDW. November is off season there. The cheapest rooms there are usually the last to get rented - garden view. At this resort ocean view is a big seller. And getting it is only guaranteed through ocean view inn rooms or beach cottages. The rest are set back and not as direct.
It says the splash pad is closed September through November so I’m not sure if it would be open or not by thanksgiving.

I’ve been looking at a rental store. They have an inn room ocean view available. It seemed like a decent price to me. I’m just not sure yet if it’s what we want to do and we’ve never done a confirmed dvc rental before. We’ve actually never stayed dvc before at all.

No fee VGCs at Staples beginning 6/13. Of course, we are in Bonita Springs next week.
We’ve just started going into stores again so we might take advantage of this. Has anyone still been doing serve at Walmart? I’ve been way out of the loop with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter