I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link is here:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...-hyatt-ihg-avios-cards-disney-aarp-starbucks/
When I use it though, I only get the old offers. But just got an e-mail for the Hyatt 8x and was able to register that way. Woohoo!
DH got this offer on her Hyatt & SW card... he currently has the 5X on any purchases, Should be done with it soon. Then going to activate this after.
I have the restaurant & grocery 5X on my Hyatt, going to buy VGC to pay for our homeowners.
Trying to maximize our Hyatt earning for Hawaii next year.

DH got this offer on her Hyatt & SW card... he currently has the 5X on any purchases, Should be done with it soon. Then going to activate this after.
I have the restaurant & grocery 5X on my Hyatt, going to buy VGC to pay for our homeowners.
Trying to maximize our Hyatt earning for Hawaii next year.

I have the 5x any purchase on my Hyatt too. I just activated this new one. Is there a disadvantage activating now? I haven't started on the 5x anything yet, plan to put a insurance bill on it. Non-category, so hopefully it doesn't mess up anything with the new offer!

Does the flight look like a good price? I never get instant approval on Chase cards, so I would worry by the time I got it, the price would have gone up. I might consider it with a plat since I get instant approval with Amex and I'd get it tomorrow or day after (earns 5x on flights booked directly).

If you don't get a new card, gold is 3x on flights, so a little better than CSP with 2x travel.

We had a good experience flying on Icelandair. Kids got a backpack with swag and they gave everyone a bottle of Icelandic water, which they refilled often (though maybe they're not doing that now).

Well I went ahead and applied and was approved immediately with a 5K CL. If I send a SM is there a chance they will expedite the card so I can use it right away?

At least with using this card to book the tickets I'll get free baggage even when selecting the cheapest economy flight so that alone will be worth the AF. The lounge passes will be nice too.

Well I went ahead and applied and was approved immediately with a 5K CL. If I send a SM is there a chance they will expedite the card so I can use it right away?

At least with using this card to book the tickets I'll get free baggage even when selecting the cheapest economy flight so that alone will be worth the AF. The lounge passes will be nice too.

Congrats! Not sure if United is the same, but I know for Hyatt, it takes them about 48 hours to verify the membership. If you ask to expedite before then, they'll tell you no.

So I just realized that I had also activated 5X anywhere on DH’s Marriott. I took advantage of the 10% offer at BB, saved $30 and earned 1,500 points. He has the BB offer again this month, will buy $300 DGC earn another 1,500 points for only $270.
Then will put normal spend on it. Gosh, it is getting difficult keeping up with all these offers and extra points.

I helped a family member apply for a Chase biz card on Monday and got the “we’ll let you know” immediate response. Since then the application seems to have disappeared—calling the status line gets the message “we have no applications on file for this SSN in the past 30 days.” But I know the application was received by Chase because an email was sent and a credit check was done.
Has this happened to anyone else? (I seem to recall that it has but I can’t find anything using the search function.)

I helped a family member apply for a Chase biz card on Monday and got the “we’ll let you know” immediate response. Since then the application seems to have disappeared—calling the status line gets the message “we have no applications on file for this SSN in the past 30 days.” But I know the application was received by Chase because an email was sent and a credit check was done.
Has this happened to anyone else? (I seem to recall that it has but I can’t find anything using the search function.)
Yes, it’s happened to me. Unfortunately the Chase status line doesn’t seem to be working anymore, which stinks for those of us who loved stalking that number while an application was pending !

I am trying to spread my spends between 4 cards right now so am keeping careful eye on what goes on each card.
When paying for thing on the platinum Amex that get taken off by the credits, will they count towards the MSR? Such as $200 towards Southwest, $50 at Saks,$30 PayPal? Just want to make sure I’m not like $280 short bc I accidentally counted them towards my spend

Last edited:
I am trying to spend my spends between 4 cards right now so am keeping careful eye on what goes on each card.
When paying for thing on the platinum Amex that get taken off by the credits, will they count towards the MSR? Such as $200 towards Southwest, $50 at Saks,$30 PayPal? Just want to make sure I’m not like $280 short bc I accidentally counted them towards my spend

I don't count the spend that's credited back. I think Amex's automated system does - I've gotten SUBs earlier than expected. But I always make sure to spend over that. It's not worth the risk of clawback.

Gas in Virginia versus Maryland:

Checking out gasbuddy.com there is a search function to show where gas is. Virginia has multiple outages but if you cross the bridge into Maryland, you see very few stations with no gas. I'm talking areas less than 2 to 3 miles apart.

Same as you go south - Virginia - not much gas. Some shortage in North Carolina but South Carolina, Georgia and Florida seem to be doing okay, except Florida's panhandle area. Then next states are fine. This looks almost targeted.
I don't know, here in SC no where has gas either (at least where I live, upstate, near NC). I went to 9 stations before I found one with gas and people were making huge lines, a fight broke out at the pump, and I saw a guy literally filling a big round trash can full of gas.

I rec’d an offer on my Amex Hilton Surpass to upgrade to the Aspire, $4k MSR, 150,000 HH points. I think I want to go ahead and upgrade, but was curious if this is subject to the popup? Also, I know other people have taken the upgrade and also applied for the Surpass in order to get both. If I wanted to do that, how does that work? Do I need to apply the same day? I’m not sold that I personally would get the value out of having 2 Aspires (well actually 3 because DH has one), but want to make sure I’ve thought through my options.

Also, I’m trying to remember how long it takes to receive the FNC, is it like 60 days? We’re supposed to stay at the GW at the end of July, I’m wondering if I’d get the cert in time to use it for that trip and swap out one of the nights booked on points for the cert.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
I’m happy to hear upgrade offers are happening again. I’m hoping to be able to utilize upgrades/downgrades on my Hilton cards in the next year or so. This gives me hope.

Speaking of Hilton upgrade offers, has anyone with the no fee Hilton card been offered to upgrade to the Aspire, or is it only offered from the Surpass? Tagging @calypso because I think she may know this 😊

ETA: I’m going to apply for either the no fee Hilton card or the Surpass while the offers are elevated. Then I’ll downgrade my Aspire to whichever I already carry. Just wondering if I have a better chance of an upgrade offer back to an Aspire from the no fee card or the Surpass.

Is there any benefit to making a cash hotel reservation through the Chase travel portal vs the hotel directly if the price is the same or slightly higher? Thank you.

Speaking of Hilton upgrade offers, has anyone with the no fee Hilton card been offered to upgrade to the Aspire, or is it only offered from the Surpass? Tagging @calypso because I think she may know this 😊

ETA: I’m going to apply for either the no fee Hilton card or the Surpass while the offers are elevated. Then I’ll downgrade my Aspire to whichever I already carry. Just wondering if I have a better chance of an upgrade offer back to an Aspire from the no fee card or the Surpass.
I have a no fee Hilton, as does P2, we have not had any upgrade offers, or if we did, it was a long long time ago.

Is there any benefit to making a cash hotel reservation through the Chase travel portal vs the hotel directly if the price is the same or slightly higher? Thank you.
I don't know of any benefit for going through the travel portal and in my experience booking through travel portal, the hotel treats your reservation like a third party reservation. If paying cash I would always book direct.

I don't know, here in SC no where has gas either (at least where I live, upstate, near NC). I went to 9 stations before I found one with gas and people were making huge lines, a fight broke out at the pump, and I saw a guy literally filling a big round trash can full of gas.

Yikes! I just looked at the map again for Va/Md and it's bad in Va. News Just reported that 44% of stations in Va (I think in our area, but could be state wide) are out of gas. In Maryland it is 11% out of gas and in DC it is 10% out of gas.

Looking at west of I-95 in SC, it is looking worse than what I saw earlier today. I specifically looked at Florence, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Columbia is much worse than what I saw this morning, so this is moving minute by minute. Looks like many stations are out and many more have low supply, similar to your report.

Virginia gas is usually cheaper than Maryland so people who work over there tend to gas over there. They are saying that price gouging is also going on, and in Maryland, the price gouging law that went into effect for covid just expired.

I hope they get this fixed quickly for all who have to drive to work or wherever. It's not just that, it's our supply chain will suffer and quickly.

Yikes! I just looked at the map again for Va/Md and it's bad in Va. News Just reported that 44% of stations in Va (I think in our area, but could be state wide) are out of gas. In Maryland it is 11% out of gas and in DC it is 10% out of gas.

Looking at west of I-95 in SC, it is looking worse than what I saw earlier today. I specifically looked at Florence, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Columbia is much worse than what I saw this morning, so this is moving minute by minute. Looks like many stations are out and many more have low supply, similar to your report.

Virginia gas is usually cheaper than Maryland so people who work over there tend to gas over there. They are saying that price gouging is also going on, and in Maryland, the price gouging that went into effect for covid just expired.

I hope they get this fixed quickly for all who have to drive to work or wherever. It's not just that, it's our supply chain will suffer and quickly.
Yes, hope this resolves soon! I work from home, so I don't have to drive too much except for usual errands. But we are leaving next weekend to drive down to Florida, so I hope the situation is better by then! That's partly the reason why I topped off my gas today... thinking well I could use hubby's car for my errands and just let mine sit until we use it for Florida and at least then it'd have a full tank, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter