I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH got a Biz Plat offer in the mail that seems to be NLL. I am thinking he needs a new CC since we have no MSR at the moment.
No MSR...blasphemy!! I say go for it. I got the add a Biz Plat for 150KMR with $15K MSR for DH and applied and was approved this morning. Even though it said it was good through 12/31 I didn't want it to disappear. I'll have to get creative with MSR since I still have his Schwab Plat and my Marriott Biz.

DH just got a 100k amex platinum offer in the mail. He currently has a platinum card (which I was planning to cancel as soon as the AF Hits) and I can't find any lifetime language in the offer. What do you guys think? Cancel his old card and apply for a new one?
Can you hold more than 1 at a time? I know you have the CS Plat and Vanilla Plat at the same time from experience.

You can hold more than 1 plat. So you don't necessarily need to cancel before you apply. DH has 2, one from an upgrade.

Omg gas issues in va are insane. No one has gas and the few stations with gas are mobbed.
I was just reading about this. These ransomware attacks are pure evil, the Colonial pipeline shutdown is going to affect millions of people. But do you pay off the digital kidnappers and reward them for this?? If you don’t pay them off, the consequences will ripple through the country. The country is in a tough position.

Off-topic from our normal credit card talk. Fortunately asking this not for me, but for my (*cough* deadbeat *cough*) cousin. Apparently he’s got 10+ credit cards with balances and is struggling to make the minimum payments on them. He’s got my poor grandmother worried sick, and she’s asked me for advice. He’s thinking about going to some sort of credit consolidating service. I feel like I’ve heard those completely wreck your credit, but I don’t really know anything about them. (And I suppose his credit will be wrecked anyway if he keeps going on the path that he’s on.) Just wondered if anyone here had any insight, suggestions, recommendations....?

I had a friend that did it almost 20 years ago but I'm not familiar with how it all went. It really depends on what he wants to do and how much work he wants to put into it. If he's completely living beyond his means and won't change then nothing much will help. If he's willing to put in the work and make cuts where he can then I'd have him get on the phone to his ccs and see if there's anything they can help with. I think there's still some covid help since I've seen stuff in the app when sending an sm the other day.

A lot plays into how he got into that predicament and what he's done with the stimulous he got. Does he have a job, is he single, does he have stable housing etc.

I was just reading about this. These ransomware attacks are pure evil, the Colonial pipeline shutdown is going to affect millions of people. But do you pay off the digital kidnappers and reward them for this?? If you don’t pay them off, the consequences will ripple through the country. The country is in a tough position.
Yes big long-term implications. It’s a mess.

gas here are over $4 and it sure seems like it will hit the $5 mark soon...
thank god i drive an hybrid...

Me too. Our (Costco) gas is $2.65 today, and I haven't been out but news channels were reporting that we may have a problem.

Off-topic from our normal credit card talk. Fortunately asking this not for me, but for my (*cough* deadbeat *cough*) cousin. Apparently he’s got 10+ credit cards with balances and is struggling to make the minimum payments on them. He’s got my poor grandmother worried sick, and she’s asked me for advice. He’s thinking about going to some sort of credit consolidating service. I feel like I’ve heard those completely wreck your credit, but I don’t really know anything about them. (And I suppose his credit will be wrecked anyway if he keeps going on the path that he’s on.) Just wondered if anyone here had any insight, suggestions, recommendations....?

Any chance he has any balance transfer offers? The 0% for a year ones?

I've heard the wreck your credit stories also, and that the credit card companies don't help until you stop paying. I don't know what is true.

I would suppose also that credit counseling companies want to be paid and that sounds like another expense.

An update on our Maldives trip V100. First 2 trips (May, 2020 and May, 2021) cancelled due to current circumstances. Third trip was booked for December / January, 2022. Dd did not want to go over the holidays because she wants to spend NYE with her boyfriend (assuming he's still in the picture in December I'm sure she will be happy with this decision).

Moving on, we have made a final decision on the trip (at least I hope it's final). We have revised the trip for late April, 2022 as follows:
Toronto to Maldives (using AA miles on Qatar)
St. Regis Maldives (Marriott points, stay 5 use points for 4), upgrade (cash) to 2 bedroom ocean villa
Maldives to Singapore on Singapore Air (using URs transferred to SA)
Singapore 3 nights (stay Fullerton Bay Hotel cash)
Singapore to Tokyo (using Avios on Japan Air)
Tokyo 5 nights at Shangri-La Tokyo (cash using AmEx $200 travel credit and current $150 credit for $800 spend offer)
Shinkansen Tokyo to Osaka (cash)
Osaka 2 or 3 nights (Conrad Osaka using HH points) -- primarily to visit Universal Studios (will purchase express pass) and Super Nintendo World
Shinkansen Osaka to Tokyo
Tokyo to Taipei (possibly EVA Air Hello Kitty plane because I've always wanted to fly on this plane), Taipei to Toronto (on EVA biz class using Aeroplan)

We are both happy with this trip as we are able to visit Singapore and Japan in addition to the Maldives, which makes the long journey more worthwhile for us!

Last edited:
Omg gas issues in va are insane. No one has gas and the few stations with gas are mobbed.
Huge issue here too in SC. Almost all gas stations are out. They are actually announcing on the news that no QTs have gas in the area. My husband waited in line for more than 30 minutes at one of the last ones around with gas. People are bring 5-10 cans to fill up. Insane. And this is why we had an issue with Toilet paper running out last year, lol. SOO glad this didn't happen a few days ago, as we just got back from a weekend trip to Gatlinburg TN and filled up twice on the trip.

Huge issue here too in SC. Almost all gas stations are out. They are actually announcing on the news that no QTs have gas in the area. My husband waited in line for more than 30 minutes at one of the last ones around with gas. People are bring 5-10 cans to fill up. Insane. And this is why we had an issue with Toilet paper running out last year, lol. SOO glad this didn't happen a few days ago, as we just got back from a weekend trip to Gatlinburg TN and filled up twice on the trip.
I know. They poor guy in front of me had to drive from Richmond to Charlotte and his Silverado was on empty. Took him over 20 minutes from when he started pumping and he finally quit short of a full tank. Dd and I both were almost empty and she has to work so we filled up.

I know. They poor guy in front of me had to drive from Richmond to Charlotte and his Silverado was on empty. Took him over 20 minutes from when he started pumping and he finally quit short of a full tank. Dd and I both were almost empty and she has to work so we filled up.

I just read that Southwest has ferried additional fuel to Nashville and that AA has changed schedules due to possible jet fuel shortages.

And another report says it should be ok by Friday, but if it isn't there will be severe shortages in less than 2 weeks.

Did anybody run out of toilet paper yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter