I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autoslash worked! Thank you so much...Got 5 days in April for $364 (about 200 less than Chase UR quoted price). Like you mentioned, I can cancel it. I just couldn't figure out how to use a portal because I'm clicking on the link in an email I got from Autoslash, which takes me directly to Priceline.

Install the browser extension or button for the respective portal. I know TCB and Rakuten have buttons. There’s also a deal right now to install the airline shopping portal buttons: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/inst...n-get-1000-500-bonus-miles-25-spend-required/

Warning: If you install multiple buttons, at least on Chrome, they’ll all appear as a pop up whenever you’re on a site that is eligible for cash/points back.

Check cashbackmonitor to see which portal is offering the best rebate, click through your email and get directed to Priceline, click the portal button or the pop up window that appears on the upper right corner of the browser to activate cash back before you book.

Thank you for the responses. I've never done the PYB yet. Have to get myself up to speed. Need to decide if I want to go OOP. Totally on the fence here. The prices are ridiculous for economy even. I'm not wanting a mini van.

Has anyone ever done the method of buying the cheapest ticket on UT and then getting a better rate on a car?
Rates on cars change constantly, I checked at least 3x daily when planning a trip.... IDK if that's different now after Covid changes tho. I'd die before paying 9k in any currency to rent a car....:headache: I mean, I could go on the craigslist near the airport area and buy a random cheap used van to use for the week for less money!

Off-topic tax questions... We're trying to better balance our taxes for next year with the new child credits. Am I correct in that these are not extra payments going out but rather a slight increase in credit that will be partially sent out early in monthly installments? Meaning we might owe/have to pay back these credits if we don't adjust our withholdings appropriately? It sounded great at first considering we still pay a boatload for childcare but then I reread it and it sounds like it's just more of a headache for us.
This is the way I understand it as well. It appears that it’s more of a short term loan. If people don’t adjust their withholdings some of them are going to have to pay the IRS come tax time. The only positive I see is being able to hit a larger MSR when I have to repay the IRS 😂

Well 4th time was not a charm. DD and I cancelled our April trip. The comfort level was just not enough, being this close to the light at the end of the tunnel. But, we rebooked for the end of October so we can ride Remy!!! I was, all at the same time, nauseated and wanting to cry, and relieved and excited, all at the same time. I"m sure it's going to be insanely busy but oh well. Other option was early August, but that would not have Remy and the last several trips have been in the August heat...so I thought this might be better. Costing me a ton in DVC points, since I had to go up in villa size, to get something, but again, oh well.
Now I have DVC points that I can use that will expire in September, anyone need any LOL?
And now I can modify my Delta flight and get that 2500 bonus miles LOL.
I feel ya'....... Same here on my comfort levels.....Add me to the list of hopefuls closer to end of year too! (And hoping to see some new stuff!)

Is 1h 27min enough transfer time at DFW between domestic flights?

ETA: My son requested to go out west this summer so pricing out Yellowstone to Badlands. Flights are ok (23.5k AA miles) but the car rental is $9k for a car that fits the 6 of us. I am super lost planning these nature, American national park trips. I was so excited to finally make a decision, find decent flights, and surprise the kids when they came home from school but the car thing is a deal breaker.
DFW has a great tram system for getting around. Minimum Connection Time Domestic to Domestic for AA is 50 mins so you are clear. Link to FT AA DFW thread, wiki has a ton of info.

Well 4th time was not a charm. DD and I cancelled our April trip. The comfort level was just not enough, being this close to the light at the end of the tunnel. But, we rebooked for the end of October so we can ride Remy!!! I was, all at the same time, nauseated and wanting to cry, and relieved and excited, all at the same time. I"m sure it's going to be insanely busy but oh well. Other option was early August, but that would not have Remy and the last several trips have been in the August heat...so I thought this might be better. Costing me a ton in DVC points, since I had to go up in villa size, to get something, but again, oh well.
Now I have DVC points that I can use that will expire in September, anyone need any LOL?
And now I can modify my Delta flight and get that 2500 bonus miles LOL.
Have you used the rent/trade board? I had some late last winter that were going to go to waste and they were snatched up pretty quickly for a fair price.

CALLING THIS A RUMOR FOR NOW:
Chase increasing SUB on CSR/CSR on March 21st?
  • CSR SUB increasing to 60k
  • CSP SUB increasing to 80k + $50 grocery statement credit
This was posted on r/churning - trying to get an understanding of where this information came from (rumor, internal Chase, blog, confirmed source, etc.)

For now, if you were planning to grab a Sapphire card or do a Sapphire MDD, I'd hold off a couple of weeks to see if we can get some clarity here. These increases are fairly significant amounts!

This morning I woke up and walked out my front door to check out the warmer weather! It is supposed to go to 75 or higher here today. If only after our two days of spring it would stay moderate and not head into the 90ties so fast!

Some Jonquils have opened up. It was supper nice to see their yellow glory. Too bad I hadn't moved them around as I had planned as they are kind of off kilter in the space.

Despite getting vaccinated yesterday, I have decided not to go to Hilton Head this weekend. Older daughter will take the grands and my other 'daughter' her friend, since we moved here when she was 10 years old, will go with her. We shortened the trip to 4 nights in the one bedroom - daughter's request, and I'm sure they will enjoy getting away.

Meanwhile, DD and myself and the grands made a few more reservations for summer. We are going to spend 3 nights in the Outer Banks in July using FNC. Maybe a night in Virginia Beach on the way as I haven't been there in ages. Between us we have 9 certs to use by August, so I may add another night to that. It's Townplace Suites but close to the water.

Marriott has upped the ante in (bonvoy'ed as @Lain would say) Ocean City, Maryland and Bethany Beach. Now all Category 6 and 7's for 60K plus points per night. I expect to see a few dates reduced to 55 or maybe even 50 as they don't fill the rooms as much as they hope. Or maybe they will kill the cash rates a bit. They obviously do well on weekends, but I've been watching this for years and the options have increased significantly and at high prices but you can always get a room. Hilton has added options, as has Marriott and others with about 10 newer hotels in less than 5 years. That is a lot for a seasonal area.

I'm using up my IHG points in July and doing Hyatt in June. As stated, Marriott outer banks in July also. So, now I'll focus on early April and May for a few nights.

I still can do OC if I feel like it as I've got a boatload of points, but I'm intent on using up all my FNC's first. Also, I've now got my stash of UR's for the Hyatt option. I'm blessed with options!

I changed my Hilton Head from maybe February or March to April. Right now we have reservations for April 11- 15 on HH using Mariott FNC and 15-18 in Savannah using Hyatt FNC. I think we will drive so that we can bring our own bikes. I am excited! I am considering bringing our kayaks as well, if anyone knows any good places to kayak and bike around either area, let me know.

Maybe bc it's hard to get back into these things...maybe you're still not comfortable with a whole lot of indoor time with crowd of strangers (I know I'm not yet)

Yes, I gave up going to Hilton Head very easily and it's my favorite Disney option. Rain is projected for each day - last year was dry. It seems like it will be cooler, but still, it will be about 20 degrees warmer than here next week.

It will be much better by June, even in Florida. But my personal choice will still be take out or dining outside.

However, it's too freaking hot in June in Florida (usually) for me, personally. I used to book in October, and now I'm more for November. I may get to be one of those early December people!

Some friends of mine want to go to New England this year. I pushed them towards September because I'd love to do end of season up there. Maybe I'll get my way, otherwise not going.

UPDATED SOUTHWEST CARD OFFERS:
The 30k + CP through 2/28/22 offer is still loading although it did technically expire yesterday.

NEW Support Links now show this offer on all 3 personal cards:
  • Earn 40,000 points Plus, earn 3x points on dining purchases for a year.
The Business offers remain unchanged. Now is not necessarily the time to grab a SW personal card. Hopefully something better will come along soon though. Please update links on DISchurners as necessary!

I changed my Hilton Head from maybe February or March to April. Right now we have reservations for April 11- 15 on HH using Mariott FNC and 15-18 in Savannah using Hyatt FNC. I think we will drive so that we can bring our own bikes. I am excited! I am considering bringing our kayaks as well, if anyone knows any good places to kayak and bike around either area, let me know.

You can bike the whole island. There are bike paths everywhere.

Kayaking - Shelter Cove - where the Disney resort is has kayaking as do the Marriott resorts in Shelter Cove. It's beautiful there as you can kayak through the marsh area and see dolphins while kayaking if you are lucky.

April will be beautiful!

Here is a link to give you an idea of some recreation areas and beach areas (for walking that time of year or sitting on the sand - water won't be that warm.)

https://www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov/publications/maps/parksmap.pdf
The center of the 'shoe' is Broad Creek area (water) accessed through Shelter Cove and other areas as well. If you are at Marriott Harbor Point/Sunset Pointe you are a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive.

Kayaking out of Shelter Cove: This should land you on a picture that shows the harbour area. To the right, the fence is the harbour perimeter side of the Disney Resort. Along that fence is public access to the harbour area. You would be walking along where all the fancy yachts are moored.

Hilton Head Kayaking & Paddleboarding | Outside Hilton Head

Last edited:
This was posted on r/churning - trying to get an understanding of where this information came from (rumor, internal Chase, blog, confirmed source, etc.)

For now, if you were planning to grab a Sapphire card or do a Sapphire MDD, I'd hold off a couple of weeks to see if we can get some clarity here. These increases are fairly significant amounts!
Please let the rumor date be wrong. DH's 48 months is 5/1.

Please let the rumor date be wrong. DH's 48 months is 5/1.

I sure hope this rumor is true for all those planning to churn the CSR, MDD, or opening the card(s) for the first time. 10 days is not a lot of time to wait to potentially get more points.

Edit: Nevermind, I read something wrong. Nothing to see here!

The support on my Gold finally went to 30k! There were several targeted rounds but mine just stayed stubbornly at 10k. Just in time since there are 2 cards I want to get for DH.

Wonder how long I need to wait after canceling his 4th card. I only waited a couple days last time and it wasn't long enough (he had to call).

Have you used the rent/trade board? I had some late last winter that were going to go to waste and they were snatched up pretty quickly for a fair price.
A few years ago I used the rent/trade board to book a stay at Aulani. I was very happy with the transaction. The owner even requested a few specific room numbers for us and we ended up with a 'pool' facing room that had almost a full ocean view on a high floor. It was a wonderful week! Having the full kitchen was nice as we had a good breakfast in the room every morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter