I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was approved this morning for the SW Priority (Personal) card that I'm going to use to finish out my CP. I SMed Chase and asked if my card could be expedited and just received a message that I will receive it within 1 to 2 business days! I will be able to meet that spend as soon as I get the card in the mail. From there, it will just be waiting for my statement to close and points post to my account.

DH, DS and I are trying to plan a quick trip to Florida to see a couple of spring training baseball games, so hopefully I will receive it in time to use with that trip. We will probably be going mid-March, so I'm hopeful it will all work out!

Thanks everyone for your help with everything!

Edited to add that I closed my Wells Fargo account this morning - so I survived my first bank bonus attempt! I had done the $400 promotion that was available last year. I transferred the money out last Thursday and emailed them through their website this morning asking to close the account since the funds had just posted to my main account and the Wells Fargo balance was back to $0.

I've got a list a mile long of things I'm holding off on purchasing waiting for my SW (biz) card. Granted, I won't hit my $5k in one swoop but still. Cruise tips, excursions, kids things....

New Amex Offer: UberEats $5 off $15, use up to 2 times

I found it on my Gold (dp say it codes as 4x restaurant), and on DH's vanilla Plat (which has the $15 UberEats monthly credit) but not on either of our Schwab Plats.

On my Plat--will need to check dh's Gold--and then I will need to investigate UberEats because I've never used it lol

UberEats - check the restaurants in your area and use the pickup option where available to avoid service/delivery/small order fees and tip. Stack with your Platinum’s $15 monthly Uber credit.

DoC keeps a running list of UberEats promo codes that may or may not work for you, but try them anyway:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ubereats-promo-codes-discounts-other-savings/
FYI - UberEats codes like Uber as transportation/travel, not dining/restaurants.

Last edited:
I want to pay DH's new CIU from my Chase checking account, but when I try to set it up it says something like - "cannot verify you are the owner of this account" - well yeah, because he's not. It then says have the owner of the account use Chase bill pay to pay this bill. But I can' figure it out. I log into my Chase account and go to pay bills, but It wants a zip code of where the bill is from. Anyone know what I"m doing wrong?
Thanks.

DH got an upgrade offer on his Amex Gold! 60k MRs for $5k spend. Planning to use up the airline and dining credits on the Gold, wait for it to post, apply for the Plat (🤞 no pop-up), then take the upgrade offer.

Has anyone been able to pull up the 70 or 75k Plat offer via support? 75k only comes up for me without support.

Oh my, but the Amex Gold is so useful! I’d take the upgrade offer to Plat, then apply for another Gold even without the SUB.

Oh my, but the Amex Gold is so useful! I’d take the upgrade offer to Plat, then apply for another Gold even without the SUB.

The Plat will take DH to 4/24, so no go on another Gold. We don't MS, so I think no big loss? I use his BCP for groceries. He has the Gold Biz he can use for restaurants. I'll just be swapping one metal card for another, should be easy enough for him to remember, lol.

The Plat will take DH to 4/24, so no go on another Gold. We don't MS, so I think no big loss? I use his BCP for groceries. He has the Gold Biz he can use for restaurants. I'll just be swapping one metal card for another, should be easy enough for him to remember, lol.

Unless I'm miscounting, an upgrade from a personal Gold to a Plat will not count as a new account against */24. However, applying for a new personal Gold will count against */24.

Do they move them from your room or do you have to take them to bell services?

Well Disney went and messed that up with releasing room discounts today, so I got up at 4AM and now I am stressing about POP(No Discount)/POR($30 More)/POFQ($240 More)! Why could they not have released a discount for the POP Preferred Pool View rooms and I'd be done! I suppose I could have saved $300 and stayed at a POP Standard room. Woot! Lack of sleep at its finest. Cannot process anything. The res is still at POFQ and I think it will just stay at that, time to try a moderate...
Depending on how many bags we have we will call bell services to pick up our bags. If it’s only 1 per person we take them down to bell services.
I’d stick with pofq. But that’s Bc I can’t justify a $500 increase.

I just got done at my new chiropractor (the other one didn’t take insurance). My back has gotten better but I’m still having tailbone pain and some pain in my left SI joint. She told me I have scoliosis and was surprised no one has ever told me. I have to go to their office twice a week: one day for a pregnancy massage and another day for an adjustment. I’m hoping this helps things get better so I can actually sit/lay down comfortably. We’ll be putting lots of spend on cards here soon with this, doctor visits, and Dh going to go to the chiropractor also.

I got told by the chiropractor (a woman) and the front desk ladies that I don’t look pregnant. It’s getting kind of old. I get told this by basically everyone I talk to. For some reason I’m 24 weeks with a teeny tiny baby bump. It’s not my fault:confused3

I would stick with POFQ

Yeah decided not to go up anymore that POFQ. Thinking of making a second booking to hold a standard view POP room since that's $600 less (Started with a Preferred Pool View - not available on the current promo so could have gone down to save) than POFQ just in case I cannot convince DD of another resort than POP as she really wants to stay there again. Its a comfort thing, she does not like new things and we've been there three times already. Really wish Chase would come though for me and allow Disney again so I can totally justify going up an up!

Depending on how many bags we have we will call bell services to pick up our bags. If it’s only 1 per person we take them down to bell services.
I’d stick with pofq. But that’s Bc I can’t justify a $500 increase.

Just $250 from POFQ, $500 from our original POP res. These little steps are a nice little trick that Disney has going on. :rotfl2:

I just got done at my new chiropractor (the other one didn’t take insurance). My back has gotten better but I’m still having tailbone pain and some pain in my left SI joint. She told me I have scoliosis and was surprised no one has ever told me. I have to go to their office twice a week: one day for a pregnancy massage and another day for an adjustment. I’m hoping this helps things get better so I can actually sit/lay down comfortably. We’ll be putting lots of spend on cards here soon with this, doctor visits, and Dh going to go to the chiropractor also.

I got told by the chiropractor (a woman) and the front desk ladies that I don’t look pregnant. It’s getting kind of old. I get told this by basically everyone I talk to. For some reason I’m 24 weeks with a teeny tiny baby bump. It’s not my fault:confused3
Maybe you should just say something really offensive in return to repay the favor. Be like "It's not my fault you all must have gotten super fat when you had babies" 🤣 🤣 I don't understand why anybody would feel the need to point that out - perhaps they think that they are complimenting you but whatever! Still seems like an out of place comment to me!

Unless I'm miscounting, an upgrade from a personal Gold to a Plat will not count as a new account against */24. However, applying for a new personal Gold will count against */24.

He hasn't had a Plat yet, so "he" will be applying for one before taking the upgrade. The new Plat will take him to 4/24. And he will end up with 2 Plats...which I'll need to figure out what to do with even more airlines credits. Got them coming out of my ears, lol.

Yeah decided not to go up anymore that POFQ. Thinking of making a second booking to hold a standard view POP room since that's $600 less (Started with a Preferred Pool View - not available on the current promo so could have gone down to save) than POFQ just in case I cannot convince DD of another resort than POP as she really wants to stay there again. Its a comfort thing, she does not like new things and we've been there three times already. Really wish Chase would come though for me and allow Disney again so I can totally justify going up an up!

Just $250 from POFQ, $500 from our original POP res. These little steps are a nice little trick that Disney has going on. :rotfl2:
If it’s $600 less to do a standard room at pop I would do that. I like pop a lot too. But you mentioned not wanting the skyliner right?

Maybe you should just say something really offensive in return to repay the favor. Be like "It's not my fault you all must have gotten super fat when you had babies" 🤣 🤣 I don't understand why anybody would feel the need to point that out - perhaps they think that they are complimenting you but whatever! Still seems like an out of place comment to me!
Sometimes it makes me worry and think “well crap is my baby still healthy?”. It’s hard to go a month in between ultrasounds. I feel him kick every day though so I don’t need to worry. I walk 10,000 steps every day and go to the gym when I can. That’s gotten harder with the back pain. I don’t eat much more than I did before I was pregnant so I’m sure that helps

I was like that with my first (and wasn't big with my second either). When I was seven months pregnant people told me I couldn't possibly be that far along. It wasn't flattering. It was irritating.

Sometimes it makes me worry and think “well crap is my baby still healthy?”. It’s hard to go a month in between ultrasounds. I feel him kick every day though so I don’t need to worry. I walk 10,000 steps every day and go to the gym when I can. That’s gotten harder with the back pain. I don’t eat much more than I did before I was pregnant so I’m sure that helps
And you should NOT worry about that! And that's why they shouldn't say that... If you ever feel like there's a real reason to be concerned then of course call your doctor but don't let these people's dumb attempts at humor or flattery make your doubt your motherly instincts! :D

Last edited:
I need some help... So we have only stayed at AOA and POP and for this upcoming trip the new offer does not include preferred rooms at POP and we have a preferred pool res. Looks like we can upgrade to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside (Garden View) for $30 more than what we already committed to, or French Quarter (Pool View) for $275 more. I moved our POP res to POFQ but I am still not sure what one is better. Anyone stayed at either or both and have any suggestions? So far just booked POFQ because only one bus stop and looks more compact. We have a split stay, last three days will be at AOA Nemo suite so we'll get our theme fix so why the decision to try something else.
We’ve stayed at POR twice and POFQ once. Hands down, we’d choose FQ. We absolutely loved the small size of that resort. It’s my fav mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter