I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both for your responses! I read articles recently saying it’s bad for the baby to be at an angle for too long in a car seat or rocker but I know people have always done it. There are so many things they say “are bad” that it’s hard to tell what really is lol
Like @smmco my ds8 slept in his bouncy seat til he was 7mos. He just wouldn't sleep anywhere else other than there or snuggled up to me. I was too worried about suffocating him plus I have really bad insomnia and couldn't sleep well with a baby nestled against me. Cute as that seems, it just wasn't good for me and sleep. I would frequently put him in his bouncy seat during the day while I was with the other kids and I'd just move the bouncy seat from room to room with us. He slept great so we tried it one and night and he slept the best he had since birth. Maybe he had some reflux that the angle helped control?? Idk but it worked. I learned to put pillows under the back during the night so he couldn't wake himself up by it bouncing.

And yes, there are so many things "they" say are bad but you will learn that you just have to do what works for your baby :) Exciting times ahead!!!

My SIL kept her older DS in rear facing until he was 3 or so. I would say that's probably longer than most would do, but she was very sure about it. He absolutely loves facing the front now and talks the entire car ride about what he sees lol.
I kept my boys RF'ing until they were 3. I would liked to have kept them another year longer or so but they were very ready to forward face by then.

I have a question that’s actually on topic for once lol. Dh’s CIP will hit one year on April 1. We don’t currently have a CIU. Should we PC it or close the card? I don’t think he’ll be applying for a CIU anytime soon because we want to try to take a break from chase for awhile.

I found that swaddling worked very well. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...multimedia/how-to-swaddle-a-baby/sls-20076006 and then the bouncy chair with the vibration turned on high.
We loved the swaddle as well. My grandma told me I better not do that cause I was going to cause their arms and legs to not develop right lol. She'd call my mom and ask if I was 'still doing that swaddling thing'. It's funny the stuff people get worked up about when it comes to babies and moms doing it differently.

I have a question that’s actually on topic for once lol. Dh’s CIP will hit one year on April 1. We don’t currently have a CIU. Should we PC it or close the card? I don’t think he’ll be applying for a CIU anytime soon because we want to try to take a break from chase for awhile.
I always close mine (have a CIP I will be closing in a few days...). I think if you want a CIU and you have no plans to apply for one, then PC to it. I don't find the CIU that valuable of a card and would only get it to get the bonus. I do like the CIC but I think you have one already.

I found that swaddling worked very well. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...multimedia/how-to-swaddle-a-baby/sls-20076006 and then the bouncy chair with the vibration turned on high.
We bought some of the ones that Velcro. We’ll see how those work. It seems like an easier alternative to actual swaddling with a blanket. I think we’re gonna get 2 halo sleep sacks too. We bought the fisher price rocker that vibrates. It doesn’t bounce or swing but has the vibration.

I'm close to San Antonio, Lack land Air force base is one of the places they are dropping off people to quarantine. They've already released one into the public that tested negative (after 2 tests I believe?), and is now testing positive for Corona. The mayor is p*ssed that the CDC released them. We shall see how this plays out down here.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I have seen a report that the current test is more likely to give a false-positive than false-negative result, so it's possible that the positive test after two negative tests was a false-positive.

I always close mine (have a CIP I will be closing in a few days...). I think if you want a CIU and you have no plans to apply for one, then PC to it. I don't find the CIU that valuable of a card and would only get it to get the bonus. I do like the CIC but I think you have one already.
We’ll probably just close it then. Yep Dh got a CIC last fall

I plan on keeping a CIP for the 3 points on travel. It's a good card with a low AF to pay for cruises and Disney World vacations. I'm not sure what to do with my CSP, but I think I'll PC it to a no AF card rather than cancel it. I plan on applying for a CIU in the next month. We owe 2,500 in federal taxes and it would be an easy MSR with a good cashback reward. I'll apply for another CIP in the Fall.

I think it really depends on your spending. Most of my disposable income goes to travel so the CIP is a great card for me. When I first started looking at travel awards I didn't think I'd qualify for a business card. Thanks to this thread and Reddit I've learned a lot.

I plan on keeping a CIP for the 3 points on travel. It's a good card with a low AF to pay for cruises and Disney World vacations. I'm not sure what to do with my CSP, but I think I'll PC it to a no AF card rather than cancel it. I plan on applying for a CIU in the next month. We owe 2,500 in federal taxes and it would be an easy MSR with a good cashback reward. I'll apply for another CIP in the Fall.

I think it really depends on your spending. Most of my disposable income goes to travel so the CIP is a great card for me. When I first started looking at travel awards I didn't think I'd qualify for a business card. Thanks to this thread and Reddit I've learned a lot.
We definitely won’t be keeping the card. I have a CIP we can use for travel but I’m planning on applying for a CSR next month as well.

I just applied for CIC...need more time. What's the biz # to call? Same for personal?

ETA: Called the # I had. Will be notified in writing in 2 weeks... I forgot to unfreeze my credit >:(
Can this app be saved?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter