I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kohl's card is actually worthwhile, it's one of three store cards I hold and it has saved me a couple hundred dollars this year. I would go ahead and app for the Flex right away, you would want to do it before the Kohl's card hits his report, which with CapOne could be anytime.
I guess he may have to wait a few weeks then.... he checked his email and got a notice from Experian that same afternoon...well at least I can use some discounts that his card will provide..... (he insisted I had never told him about this....double sigh)

I called the number on the back of the card, like @palhockeymomof2 did, and said I'd had the card for a while and I knew the AF was coming up in the next few months. I was thinking of downgrading the card unless there was any reason that would encourage me to hold onto it. The rep transferred me to the retention department, and I said the same thing, and after reminding me that the $300 travel credit could be used for groceries and gas, he said they could give me a $150 statement credit if I kept the card. I agreed, and said I had other Chase cards and could he check if I had any offers on any of those. And he checked and said there was a $50 offer on the Marriott so I took that too. Good luck if you decide to give it a shot.
cool thank- how far ahead of AF dropping did you call?

it’s socially distanced up here too...no one in front, behind or next to us...just would of been way more spread out in the back.
We haven’t flown since COVID,and I love SW but the gate attendant didn’t do a good job of explaining the boarding process....that was a mess of people, but your not near anyone for long
In my experience, people just don't bother to listen to the gate agent. She or he will repeat themselves and ask people to sit back down. They don't.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm spending mine in my DS's bedroom isolated since Monday from my DH and DD. I traveled last weekend and was exposed on Friday. No test results yet and so far no new symptoms. DH is trying to cook and bring some food to his mom's doorstep. One DS is with his GF and her family. Other DS and his fiance are quarantined in FL after finding out they were exposed just before going to WDW last weekend.
Moral of the story is be careful. I was so careful when I was travelling and running errands but saw a friend who was in my limited social circle and boom. We were outside for most of the time but who knows. Feeling guilty and foolish for thinking it was ok to see my friend.

Decisions.... H&D are having a black friday sale now. The pears are on sale + 10% at Rakuten + 10% on my Marriott Biz. That makes them 31% off. Seems like a good deal. Not sure if I want to wait until CM to see if something better is out there. Maybe I'll buy one box today and then if it gets better, I'll have to buy another box :D
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html

Not to throw you off but the $15 off $75 offer can be added. Available here.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
Maybe it can combine to get a better deal?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm spending mine in my DS's bedroom isolated since Monday from my DH and DD. I traveled last weekend and was exposed on Friday. No test results yet and so far no new symptoms. DH is trying to cook and bring some food to his mom's doorstep. One DS is with his GF and her family. Other DS and his fiance are quarantined in FL after finding out they were exposed just before going to WDW last weekend.
Moral of the story is be careful. I was so careful when I was travelling and running errands but saw a friend who was in my limited social circle and boom. We were outside for most of the time but who knows. Feeling guilty and foolish for thinking it was ok to see my friend.

Hopefully it is nothing and you will not have it. I worry just going to Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, Family Dollar, CVS, Aldi's - all places I've been in the last 10 days. I try to socially distance, and I wear a mask, sanitize with Purell, but, after I left CVS yesterday morning, I realized that I was probably way to too close to the clerk who helped me find pain meds for my daughters monthly pain. Can't 'see' the stuff.

And then I'll be around the grands - so far about every two weeks since this started and they are in preschool 3 days a week and at a sitter 1-2 days a week so no clue who they might encounter that passes it along. They do wear masks in school, but still, they are kids.

Other than that, I'm doing okay, but as you can see it could happen and I know it. Not in denial or disbelief. Trying to be reasonably careful.

And, I got another cute turkey day gif on my cell phone and have no idea who is texting me so I reply same to you Happy Thanksgiving.

I had about 200 peeps that reported directly or indirectly when I retired and after I retired seems like everyone has my number. They passed it around - in a meant to be nice way. Problem is I have no idea who is wishing me well! This goes on every holiday.

At first I would try to figure out who it was from my written/computer phone list, but people change numbers, etc and it's been 3 years since retirement, almost.

Occasionally I get a phone call which is okay - not that many so manageable and nice to be remembered. But the texts seem to be increasing, which is also okay so far, but always makes me wonder. Who the He^^ are you? Always sure they are not anybody weird, thankfully.

I guess he may have to wait a few weeks then.... he checked his email and got a notice from Experian that same afternoon...well at least I can use some discounts that his card will provide..... (he insisted I had never told him about this....double sigh)
Was the email from Experian about a new account or just the pull?

Teenage boys are hard to buy for but I just ordered them each a gaming chair for their desks (from Staples, so yay to 5x URs on the CIC) and carpet protector mats to go with them. They don't complain but they're both using truly ancient kitchen table chairs so I figure this has to be a step up. Plus, since these are on casters they shouldn't be able to tip backwards in them!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Worked today but back home, in time to watch DH as he tried to cook Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in 30 years. I was in time to save the potatoes. Made crescent rolls and pie ahead of today.

It's not considered an exposure if both people are wearing masks. Hopefully you'll be fine.
And, I got another cute turkey day gif on my cell phone and have no idea who is texting me so I reply same to you Happy Thanksgiving.

I had about 200 peeps that reported directly or indirectly when I retired and after I retired seems like everyone has my number. They passed it around - in a meant to be nice way. Problem is I have no idea who is wishing me well! This goes on every holiday.
At least they are wising you well! A coworker was hospitalized with COVID and lots of us were concerned. Her DH sent updates via group text. I would have people responding to my texts and I had no idea who they were. Plus it was a group of friends and coworkers and I don't know any of her friends, kinda strange.
Teenage boys are hard to buy for but I just ordered them each a gaming chair for their desks (from Staples, so yay to 5x URs on the CIC) and carpet protector mats to go with them. They don't complain but they're both using truly ancient kitchen table chairs so I figure this has to be a step up. Plus, since these are on casters they shouldn't be able to tip backwards in them!
That is brilliant. DS would have gotten similar except we have no room for stuff. His "desk" is in the family room and he has my desk chair on wheels. DH is using my desk with a desk chair he liberated from his office at work (where he hasn't been since March.) DS mostly uses a beanbag chair while playing Xbox but occasionally the desk chair. DS and 3 nieces/nephew are all getting gaming headsets for Christmas from me.

That’s what my 17-year-old asked for this year. He games plus does virtual learning, so a good chair is important. I was planning on Staples with my new CiC. Which one did you decide on?

Nice! I got DS one using my Biz Plat credit on Dell. He absolutely loves it except for the teachers know when he is traveling or back home :) Definitely “money” well spent as DS basically lives in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter