I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on 1 or 2 iPhones for Christmas gifts using UR points before the offer expires today. I am thinking of getting iPhone 11 instead of 12. I agree, this is a very big redemption and it gets me nervous, LOL. Are there any considerations I need to know before I do?

We are sitting on lots of Chase points right now, so I pulled the trigger. I was worried about the quoted shipping times and whether we could return if something wasn't right or if the girls wanted something else. After about a day, I called and put in a request to cancel the order. There was no guarantee they would cancel, but the points were back in our account within 24 hours.

@IFlossU posted this link earlier and I will probably be using "pay yourself back" with our grocery shopping from the CSR. I wanted to be sure we receive the phones by Christmas. https://frequentmiler.com/get-25-50...rds-on-apple-products-but-maybe-you-shouldnt/

If you are sitting on lots of points and aren't worried about the shipping times, I say go for it. It is wonderful to give such a nice gift to someone without spending any cash.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on 1 or 2 iPhones for Christmas gifts using UR points before the offer expires today. I am thinking of getting iPhone 11 instead of 12. I agree, this is a very big redemption and it gets me nervous, LOL. Are there any considerations I need to know before I do?
I am considering it also since DS has exactly nothing on his Christmas list and his current screen is cracked. I am just not sure if we can add it to Boostmobile and the link they provided was useless since I don’t have the phone ID to check. And time is quickly winding down.

Not sure why I never tried to follow this thread given the years I've been on DisBoards....so consider me a newbie when it comes to maximizing credit card rewards. And forgive me as I'm trying to learn/understand the abbreviations from the first page..

Little about me/us:

no new credit cards in past 24 months. Currently have:

Chase Disney
Chase United Explorer
Chase Ultimate Rewards
Amex Gold
Capital One Venture

The most active card it the Chase United - pay monthly school tuition (30K year for both kids). But pay that off monthly

Usually fly from Newark on United/JetBlue

Travel multiple times per year as a family (2 teens) - usually one big trip (Europe, Hawaii, cruises etc) and multiple smaller trips

We have been talking about getting additional cards to get the most travel benefits. So my questions to you pros, what are your top recommendations?

I feel like a little kid at Christmas - so excited to get this going!

You've already gotten great advice. But since you mentioned JetBlue, I'll just add that the Barclays JetBlue cards, both the personal and business versions, are currently at a high of 100k points for $6000 spend. Annual fee is $95. I would still do the CSP for 80k first though.

Instant approval for the CIU for DH and Chase Freedom Unlimited for me!! I don't really understand these ridiculous credit lines. Trying to replenish the points I will spend on those iphones. :santa:

On a different note, I finally cancelled our January reservation for the Grand Californian. I was so excited months ago when I snagged two nights for my birthday in early January. Now we are trying to figure out somewhere we can drive that is within 8 hours of Atlanta and that can be cancelled at a moments notice if things continue to worsen. Since the girls will be home from college/grad school for 2 months, we are trying to find somewhere to go for a few days before they head back.

Instant approval for the CIU for DH and Chase Freedom Unlimited for me!! I don't really understand these ridiculous credit lines. Trying to replenish the points I will spend on those iphones. :santa:

On a different note, I finally cancelled our January reservation for the Grand Californian. I was so excited months ago when I snagged two nights for my birthday in early January. Now we are trying to figure out somewhere we can drive that is within 8 hours of Atlanta and that can be cancelled at a moments notice if things continue to worsen. Since the girls will be home from college/grad school for 2 months, we are trying to find somewhere to go for a few days before they head back.
Congrats! I would head south given that it’s winter And you’ll have better weather.

i only pulled the trigger on a 12 over 11 was due to 5G. 5G will be around for the next evolution so i think having 5G will be more of a future proofing. The modem is actually built by Qualcom instead of the old intel chip, there are a ton of reports of the Qualcomm chip being far superior than the old intel chip, so that is a plus. The Camera is far superior than iPhone 11 and the lidar is great for focusing too. overall its an spectacular phone.
for the pro though, there is a ram boost of 4GB vs 6GB. so more multitasking.
If the price is too much, the mini is also a good option.

i currently hold an iPhone 12 Pro, the downside i have so far is to me the phone is pretty big. i did go from a iPhone 6 to it. The magsafe thing has me worried quite a bit because since its magnetic, it will cause a lot of problems with like other magnetic stuff. it could just be in my head though.

Double congrats party: party:

Anyone else having problems with the UR combine feature? I am trying to move DH’s Biz URs to my account and the combine button is grayed out/inactive.

Congrats! I would head south given that it’s winter And you’ll have better weather.
Heading south is what I want to do (and it is my birthday!). The girls mentioned going to Charleston. I think we will just wait and see what the weather looks like before booking anything. They don't go back until Jan 14 and 18th, so we have plenty of time. I even suggested we use our Delta Vacations credit to buy tickets to Disney, but DH wasn't liking that plan.

We are sitting on lots of Chase points right now, so I pulled the trigger. I was worried about the quoted shipping times and whether we could return if something wasn't right or if the girls wanted something else. After about a day, I called and put in a request to cancel the order. There was no guarantee they would cancel, but the points were back in our account within 24 hours.

@IFlossU posted this link earlier and I will probably be using "pay yourself back" with our grocery shopping from the CSR. I wanted to be sure we receive the phones by Christmas. https://frequentmiler.com/get-25-50...rds-on-apple-products-but-maybe-you-shouldnt/

If you are sitting on lots of points and aren't worried about the shipping times, I say go for it. It is wonderful to give such a nice gift to someone without spending any cash.
Yeah the 12s are 4-6 weeks so I would be worried too. On the 11s, the shipping time says 2-3 weeks so I am thinking that's plenty of time for Christmas. On one hand, I am worried that after I buy these, there will be some great deal on 11s that I will miss out on. But, on the other hand, I will have 2 nice gifts without spending any cash. The girls will be happy with the 11s, so that's not the issue. I am more worried that some great deals will come out where they are practically giving them away LOL.

Anyone else having problems with the UR combine feature? I am trying to move DH’s Biz URs to my account and the combine button is grayed out/inactive.
I just combined some points an hour ago and it worked okay. I remember having trouble with this a few months back and I ended up removing my CSR as the go to card and transferring the points to a different card and then to my CSR.

I have not. What link are you checking at the top of the hour?
Not a special link, but just try at the top of the hour. I just used the one on DoC. The theory is that they only do so many of the elevated offers per hour so once they are gone it goes back to the standard 75k. I was hoping to come on here to hear an approval for you. 30 minutes to wait...good luck!

I just combined some points an hour ago and it worked okay. I remember having trouble with this a few months back and I ended up removing my CSR as the go to card and transferring the points to a different card and then to my CSR.
Thanks. I don’t even get to that screen that lists them. I click on combine points and just get a screen with continue inactive. I sent an SM to see if they can move. So strange. I tried my CSR and it is working fine.

Attachments

• 9DE64402-0EA0-4BAD-81FC-3F05FD0EE58D.jpeg
    9DE64402-0EA0-4BAD-81FC-3F05FD0EE58D.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 8
@disneybirds - I also share your concerns cause it says "Items are eligible for return only if they are defective, damaged in transit, or do not match what was ordered. You have 14 calendar days to return an eligible item from the date your package was delivered."

But I won't know until after Christmas if the phones are defective or not, lol.

Sorry for 3 posts. I know I should do multi-quote replies but I am not a good multi-tasker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter