I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you order stuff online, I've found a lot of places have the option to checkout with a credit card or paypal. Since that's the 5% category on Discover this quarter, I've used paypal to complete purchases at petsmart, etsy, and a few other boutique places. I actually used the paypal category more than I thought I would!

I won't ever use paypal. When it first came out it required access to my bank account and I said no to that. Won't give them a credit card either. Don't need them. Won't use them.

It's me being 'old'. I don't trust anyone (other than payroll or retirement direct deposits) who thinks they can have access to my bank. I even created a separate account with which to pay IRS, lol. Yes, it's probably over the top paranoia.

I won't ever use paypal. When it first came out it required access to my bank account and I said no to that. Won't give them a credit card either. Don't need them. Won't use them.

It's me being 'old'. I don't trust anyone (other than payroll or retirement direct deposits) who thinks they can have access to my bank. I even created a separate account with which to pay IRS, lol. Yes, it's probably over the top paranoia.
Oh okay. I thought you just had no place to use PayPal. Makes sense now, lol.

The path shows it connecting with the walk from Boardwalk, by exiting near Buena Vista Dr. I'm not sure this is possible. I've walked the Boardwalk path many times and I do not remember a path that would allow access from Buena Vista Drive where it is shown on the map. Could actually still be there. Anyone else who has walked the BW path remember being able to walk 'up' to Buena Vista Drive? You walk under it on the BW path - I may be wrong but I don't think there is actually access there. People trying to walk into DHS would have to be able to walk down and join the BW path as the map is shown. Maybe I'm completely wrong and just didn't pay attention.
agree with you don’t remember any path coming down from the roadway...unless something has changed since December

Well plenty of time for me to keep up with the thread. I'm home for the next two weeks, my four year old has been exposed to COVID from another kid at preschool. My 7 year old was in the same room but not considered a "close contact" of an 8 year old that tested positive. Waiting to hear from my employer if they are going to give me a computer to work from home or if I'm on a two week vacation.

Well plenty of time for me to keep up with the thread. I'm home for the next two weeks, my four year old has been exposed to COVID from another kid at preschool. My 7 year old was in the same room but not considered a "close contact" of an 8 year old that tested positive. Waiting to hear from my employer if they are going to give me a computer to work from home or if I'm on a two week vacation.

Sorry to hear that. My two grand children resumed preschool 2 weeks ago 3 days a week with daycare the other two.

Good luck to you and hope you get that computer!

They jump in and assist at our self checkouts. The only biggie is no cash. If I have water, kitty litter, 40 pounds of bird seed, 30 pounds of dog food, I don't even have to take them out of the cart - the person is watching and gets it all and will usually scan whatever else is in there unless it's too jumbled up. If they are busy and I have heavy items I know to start with the little stuff. To me they make it more efficient than the regular checkout. With a larger order, of 300-400, I do less work than at the regular line.

The other difference is the receipts are blue - I think this is a clear indicator for the door guy/person to count the items carefully. So people have less opportunity to not scan an item.

And, because I'm doing it myself, I watch the price more easily. Caught an error just recently. 3 piece toddler items were marked to $6 - rang up as $14.99. While I continued to scan, the clerk ran back to check the price. The machine talks at you, saying $14.99, so if you are listening, you don't even have to look. The only thing I don't like is the 'put your item in the tray area' when I don't work as fast as the machine wants me to.

Opposite for me. One guy working about 6 self checkouts. You have to take everything out or it won't let you move on and scan the next item. If I have a large cart full of stuff at a regular check out, the person just scans it all in the cart.

I don't have the answer although I did get a 10% off at Staples and used it on fee free Visa cards so I essentially got cash. But I did it instore.

So, this made me wonder is it possible to use the Visa gift cards online anywhere that has discounted Disney gift cards? I sometimes forget the rules for certain things. For instance - Sam's Club online - will a visa gift card process there? To buy slightly discounted DGC's?
I'm pretty sure I've done it before at Sam's, but for sure last few times I did it at BJs. I just did Staples fee free VGC the other week for the 10% offer and then bought DGC from BJs for the 5% off. But aw, looks like the sale is over and Bjs is back to 3-4%. :(

Downside to Bjs is only one form of payment. Sam's allows up to 4, but only two of the same type of CC IIRC (so only 2 visas at a time, but can do 4 Walmart/Sam's GCs. Or 2 visas and 2 GCs, etc etc)

have you had a Barclay card before? They are SO sensitive if you’ve hit them and run before. And just sensitive in general to us churners 🙄

I have the personal Red Aaviator. I didn't think to go the business route first with them. I got that one back in 10/2017. So once upon a time they liked me. Then they said I had too many cards opened. Grrrr. And I still have that card open. I even did a balance transfer to it, and I spend on it pretty regularly. I just did the offer from this summer of put $500/mo and get 3k bonus miles. So Barclay should kinda like me. I've not hit and quit, and I haven't sock drawer it.

I'm over having "class" to be the only one with the camera on and no one talking. No really, I LOVE talking to myself all day. The best is when class is over but I still have students in class. I'm not dumb! I know you totally have logged into class and set your phone/computer down and went back to bed, left, etc.

We were just told we'll likely be remote til second semester in FEB! So while that part is kinda nice, I'm over just talking to myself and not seeing my students. We can't force them to put cameras on, and they know it, so none of them do.

I'm over having "class" to be the only one with the camera on and no one talking. No really, I LOVE talking to myself all day. The best is when class is over but I still have students in class. I'm not dumb! I know you totally have logged into class and set your phone/computer down and went back to bed, left, etc.

We were just told we'll likely be remote til second semester in FEB! So while that part is kinda nice, I'm over just talking to myself and not seeing my students. We can't force them to put cameras on, and they know it, so none of them do.
So dd is in her senior year in an IB program and all the kids have the cameras on. DS is a sophomore and he refuses to turn his camera on. Drives me nuts. I feel for you. Teaching is hard but this must be brutal. And good grief on February. We have some school districts nearby offering in person. Mine will never go back. I'm so sad for these kids.

I visited dd on Saturday night and stayed at the same Marriott property as I did 2 weeks ago (this time I didn't even attempt the hotel parking garage -- just used the free parking across the street and saved myself $25.00). Was able to make use of the save $50.00 when spend $200.00 at a Marriott property on my personal platinum, as well as complete stay number 2 of the "complete 3 stays get a bonus 5,000 points" (plus 2,500 points per stay). Last night I went online searching for a nearby Marriott property that had a cheap rate for 1 night and found a hotel not too far that was under $100.00 / night, so booked it for Saturday night. I will check-in and leave to collect the 3rd night and get the 5,000 bonus. I need these points for our upcoming 5 night stay at the Al Maha!

I also picked up a new Cdn AmEx last week (the biz edge, which earn 'MR-s', which only transfer to hotel partners), for the sole purpose of using the MR-s to transfer to Marriott to take advantage of the 25% bonus (until the end of September). I received the card, paid October property taxes, paid for new front brakes and oil change on ds's car and paid $1,000.00 towards dd's tuition (due September 30th). This covered the $5,000.00 MSR; according to r/churningcanada I should have my MR-s in the next day or two. Once I complete the transfer to Marriott I will have enough points to cover the Al Maha stay! When I need more Marriott points I still have the Cdn Marriott biz card open to me.

I need to keep my eye open for a new Visa card for dd (she's still using her Hyatt Visa, which I plan on churning after my MDD in December), since a lot of places in the city where she goes to school don't seem to take AmEx.

That would be hard! Good luck with everything!

So dd is in her senior year in an IB program and all the kids have the cameras on. DS is a sophomore and he refuses to turn his camera on. Drives me nuts. I feel for you. Teaching is hard but this must be brutal. And good grief on February. We have some school districts nearby offering in person. Mine will never go back. I'm so sad for these kids.

My youngest graduated from high school last year and is in his freshman year of college, so I'm not having to try to make high school or younger work online, but I know in my district, in person is optional and they are having an issue with the juniors and seniors all choosing remote so they can basically work a full time job. Makes it hard for them to be good students when they are working full time as well. Why will your kids never be going back?

That would be hard! Good luck with everything!

My youngest graduated from high school last year and is in his freshman year of college, so I'm not having to try to make high school or younger work online, but I know in my district, in person is optional and they are having an issue with the juniors and seniors all choosing remote so they can basically work a full time job. Makes it hard for them to be good students when they are working full time as well. Why will your kids never be going back?
My district is unbelievably risk averse and I don't think they will ever be willing to accept the risk.

I'm not sure what dd would choose. She does go out to lunch one or two days per week with friends so she's enjoying that freedom. And I can't imagine working full time in high school. DD whines when she's supposed to work 8 hours on a Saturday at chick fil a. DS would choose remote because he likes to play xbox at lunch:)

One of my close friends is a high school teacher and she has kids in the classroom and online simultaneously. She is having quite a hard time because she cannot block the comments the online kids make (they are using Google classroom), which can be seen by her in-class students. Some of the comments are extremely inappropriate. All of this while teaching, watching the online comments (and responding to them as needed), managing kids coming and going to the 'bathroom' and trying to discipline. Each class she teaches is 2.5 hours long, so she has to try her best to capture their attention for the full 2.5 hours. She is physiologically and emotionally drained after each class.

My sister is back in the classroom and not altogether thrilled about it. She is wearing a mask and shield as well as gloves. She has 8 junior and 10 senior kindergarten students (and she was able to keep her ECE, whom she adores). She and my bil spent countless hours making 'shields' to go between each desk and covering up her book and puzzle cases (neither of which can be used for the foreseeable future) with plastic sheeting. I was able to find several tubs of Lysol wipes for her classroom, which the board will reimburse her for. She did have the option to teach online for the year (which would have to be done from a centralized site, not from her home), but decided to go back to the classroom because she found it very difficult to teach kindergarten online and she didn't want another teacher in her classroom for the year. I really, really hope that she stays safe because her youngest son has no immune system.

My sister has been very stressed about her return to the classroom, so I made her family dinner twice last week and dropped it off at her house. I will make them dinner once this week and again next week. Not sure how long I will keep this up....feeding a family of 5 (with 2 teenage boys) is expensive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter