• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limit 5. I've already made one $1000 deposit in my secondary checking account. Will do another today.

Muse be regional Or some managers don’t know about it. I was limited to one. Is it printed anywhere it is 5? If so I might try to force it
then I went to Walmart and the money center was packed so will have to unload later.

What do your new Chase log ins look like? Mine and DHs are different. I don't like his and am wondering if there are settings somewhere I am missing? His cards are all squished together on the main page and I can't see his points unless I open a specific card. Mine has point totals on the right and my cards show more detail on the home screen. He does have a few more cards and a checking account so wonder if that makes a difference?

Hope I blacked out all important info....

View attachment 515600

View attachment 515602
mine is like the top and DH is like the bottom. I have more cards (6) but not checking. DH has 2 cards and a checking acct. not seeing a clear pattern.

There were people in the boat when it started to sink and they got out. They were told they should have stayed. Consensus on the news and rumors thread is that no one would have stayed in the boat, esp with how deep it went. Plus if it gets bumped from behind then what or what if the bumping boat goes over the sinking boat as thr back in was pretty much under water.
Sinking boat, I’m agreeing with the folks who say get out.

So I got my CFU denial explanation letter today. Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit. The only cards I got lately were BOA in Feb and Citi DC in May. I did open some bank accounts for bonuses, could that be the problem? They nicely added my credit score at the bottom, which they claim they also used in the decision. Darn, it's only 843! Thoughts? Should I call to discuss?

Also on the back - insufficient installment loan information (no loans here since 1992!)
Number of requests for new credit in the past 3 months (? new bank account debit cards cause this?)
Nu,ber of requests for new credit in the past 12 months. (Definitely under 5/24 for credit cards)

Mine looks like the bottom (I mostly use Firefox on a Mac). Three cards, no checking accts.
P2 was denied Disney Premier.
- Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of credit
-- I don't know what they're definition of recent is. Including what they pulled for this app, past 12 months he has 6, past 6 months 5. The two most recent pulls (excluding this card) are the refi and a random pull by USAA credit card.

Then for key factors affecting score:
- Number of requests for new credit in past 12 months (2 Chase Biz and 1 Disc Pers)
- Growth in credit card balances (um, overall balance has decreased quite a bit as I pay off old debt. I've made 2 large payments toward that the past 4 months)
- Number of accts opened in the past 6 months compared to total accounts (2 new accts in 6 months and 10 total on report)

Last edited:

P2 was denied Disney Premier.
- Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of credit
-- I don't know what they're definition of recent is. Including what they pulled for this app, past 12 months he has 6, past 6 months 5. The two most recent pulls (excluding this card) are the refi and a random pull by USAA credit card.

Then for key factors affecting score:
- Number of requests for new credit in past 12 months (2 Chase Biz and 1 Disc Pers)
- Growth in credit card balances (um, overall balance has decreased quite a bit as I pay off old debt. I've made 2 large payments toward that the past 4 months)
- Number of accts opened in the past 6 months compared to total accounts (2 new accts in 6 months and 10 total on report)
I think they are just getting stingy and throwing everything in there! My credit utilization is currently 1% and I have no blemishes on my record. I had spaced applications out by 3 months which used to work.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-yourself-back-feature-will-be-extended/
Some good news here. Categories may change, but with travel pretty much a no go for me due to being at higher risk, I’m very happy. I had been thinking of cancelling my Reserve, but with the fee staying at $450, I’ll be keeping it another year at least.

Thanks for the link. I missed the charity addition to the pay back list, the notice was dated July 13, I may have to donate to World Central Kitchen.

Rayban is a hot mess. I ordered ray bans for my dad’s birthday. Used my amex offer. Ordered 7/20. Estimated delivery date was 7/24. His birthday was 7/26. Never got a shipping email and I called 7/23 and was told (fairly rudely) they hadn’t shipped and they couldn’t tell me when they would ship. The next day my mom told me they arrived. Pending charge disappeared. Still no shipping email. A week later I got an email saying they shipped. Then the charge showed back up. Today mom texts me to say another pair arrived!

Rayban is a hot mess. I ordered ray bans for my dad’s birthday. Used my amex offer. Ordered 7/20. Estimated delivery date was 7/24. His birthday was 7/26. Never got a shipping email and I called 7/23 and was told (fairly rudely) they hadn’t shipped and they couldn’t tell me when they would ship. The next day my mom told me they arrived. Pending charge disappeared. Still no shipping email. A week later I got an email saying they shipped. Then the charge showed back up. Today mom texts me to say another pair arrived!

Is it wrong that I'd be tempted to return the 2nd pair :rolleyes1

I PC'd a CF to a CFU this morning. How long does it take to show on my profile? I expected it was going to be immediate. Can anyone share how quickly they saw a change?
Thanks!!

Ugh to data breaches. Got 2 emails today from separate groups about data issue at Blackbaud, a 3rd party service provider. Name, contact info, potentially my donation history with them, but no CC#'s they say. DD got a letter a few days ago about Front Rush, a service provider for athletic teams, that they were hacked. Potentially her name, contact info, and student ID stolen? She is 3 years out of college so unless they want to steal her transcript she's probably OK! Oh, and there was something from Morgan Stanley that an old computer system they thought had been wiped was apparently not so info could have been stolen. We haven't had an account with them for 15-20 years.

I PC'd a CF to a CFU this morning. How long does it take to show on my profile? I expected it was going to be immediate. Can anyone share how quickly they saw a change?
Thanks!!
It's usually pretty quick; I'd expect to see it updated tomorrow maybe?

I think they are just getting stingy and throwing everything in there! My credit utilization is currently 1% and I have no blemishes on my record. I had spaced applications out by 3 months which used to work.
I think you are correct. I waited 5.5 months from his last app, DiscoverIt in Feb, thinking that would be safe. I'm just going to have to lay low and work with what I have. Really regret closing my SW cards. I had meant to leave one open and somehow closed all of them.

Oh well, I need to refocus on budgeting anyway. Going from getting paid twice a month to every other week is kind of screwing me up. Once I have a consistent paycheck amount to work with it'll be better lol I really hate contract change time.

Not sure if this has been posted. I didn't see it anywhere but I could have missed it - as @SouthFayetteFan usually keeps everyone updated.

Southwest has changed their schedule. Next round of flights was to be released on August 27th. It has now been moved up to August 13th and includes dates through April 11th (that was extended as well, previously they said through March 9th or somewhere around there).

Have a cruise booked for spring break, so will be booking that day. (Hopefully the cruise gets to sail..)
Thanks for the reminder I hadn’t been paying attention. I’m bracing for some major thinning of the schedule! I’ve had so many flight changes lately. Just got a change from a nonstop on Labor Day to a flight with 2 stops and change of planes!!! No thanks. I guess we’ll be coming home the next day. Unless they change that too!

DH got the same offers on his Marriott.
Also have the southwest 5x at grocery stores and gas stations. I didn’t read the fine print but I hope all the points count toward CP. I think the offer ends 9/30... then we’ll switch gas purchases to Brilliant. I need to figure out a way to keep all these offers straight.
I have the 5x on my SW, but I also have the Amex that earns 6% at grocery stores now so I was thinking that was better to use, unless you are trying for the CP like you said.

I have the 5x on my SW, but I also have the Amex that earns 6% at grocery stores now so I was thinking that was better to use, unless you are trying for the CP like you said.
Yes, DH is 30k miles away from renewing the CP pass. I’m hoping that I can do a MDD with his referral to get him another 20k, then he’ll get 6K from his Biz card renewal. So close.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted. I didn't see it anywhere but I could have missed it - as @SouthFayetteFan usually keeps everyone updated.

Southwest has changed their schedule. Next round of flights was to be released on August 27th. It has now been moved up to August 13th and includes dates through April 11th (that was extended as well, previously they said through March 9th or somewhere around there).

Have a cruise booked for spring break, so will be booking that day. (Hopefully the cruise gets to sail..)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-yourself-back-feature-will-be-extended/
Some good news here. Categories may change, but with travel pretty much a no go for me due to being at higher risk, I’m very happy. I had been thinking of cancelling my Reserve, but with the fee staying at $450, I’ll be keeping it another year at least.
Speaking of SW CP. New SUBs are out for all personal cards. 65,000 for $2,000 spend in 3 months. I had to refresh my support link, I've updated my DISChurner link.

Can I get some up votes on this comment please. I just dropped below the 50 Karma yesterday. Thank you!

I have added all three of these items to the DISchurners news thread for visibility! Thanks!

Reminder - Fireside Chat on SW CP available on DISchurners:

These new offers are nice on the surface, BUT is now the best time to grab a SW card? Not if you're hoping to maximize the use of a CP. If you're thinking about these offers, or the SW CP, or just generally curious, you might want to revisit the comments at the link above before pulling the trigger.

Nonetheless, it's nice to see an increased offer! :D

EDIT: Also worth noting that if these offers are still around in 2 months or so, they will become very attractive as we will be approaching 2021/2022 CP season.

Last edited:
DoC opened up a thread for Southwest Support Links:

Odds are that if you aren't already in the list, you're too late... It seems most of the DoC clicks come from those who submit early... might be worth trying anyways though.

EDIT: Ok it appears now that DoC sorts his comments by "newest" so... maybe you want to be late to the party? LOL!

REMINDER: If you're looking to apply don't use DoC links... go to DISchurners! I think a few people have already updated their links over there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter