I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh....this is freaky... I have a SW flight booked over Labor Day weekend for Houston - Detroit. I just got an email “confirming our changes” and our new flight r is for Seattle - Ontario, Canada! All our other information is there and it shows up in my RR account. I haven’t touched my SW account in weeks and obviously can’t call at 1:30 am to figure out what is going on. Has anyone dealt with this before?
Not for nothing, but the Ontario is probably Ontario, California and not Canada as I don’t believe southwest flies to Canada. Also I had that happen to me on a flight between New Orleans and Providence. When they changed it, it showed up in my list as a flight to Baltimore, but if I clicked on it, it showed the final destination still providence and the layover was Baltimore. It threw me off because I was originally flying through DC. Even more annoying was after they made that change it wouldn’t let me make any changes to the flight without calling.

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. It's been a few years since I was last here- you all helped me out when I was going through my divorce in 2018. :thumbsup2 I successfully double dipped a CSR and a CSP thanks to your advice and I am ready to play again. Wanted to get your opinions!

Opened in past 24 months:

07/18- Chase Sapphire Reserve
07/18- Chase Freedom (product switched from Chase Sapphire Preferred)

About my travel preferences/goals:

Fly Southwest
Travel to all places Disney! WDW, DLR, Aulani, DCL, etc. Stay onsite.
Also interested in Universal

About my credit/spend:

814 credit score as of today
$1,500 a month average "regular" spend on CC's

Other notes:

I do also have a Disney Visa (Premier)- 02/16
I do NOT own a business and am not interested in applying for a business card at this time

Anyone have any thoughts? Southwest card? Mariott Card? Close my Chase cards and re-apply (if so, can you let me know how I go about this?)

THANKS SO MUCH!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. It's been a few years since I was last here- you all helped me out when I was going through my divorce in 2018. :thumbsup2 I successfully double dipped a CSR and a CSP thanks to your advice and I am ready to play again. Wanted to get your opinions!

Fly Southwest

About my credit/spend:

Other notes:

I do NOT own a business and am not interested in applying for a business card at this time

Anyone have any thoughts? Southwest card? Mariott Card? Close my Chase cards and re-apply (if so, can you let me know how I go about this?)

THANKS SO MUCH!
Welcome back....
I’d apply for a SW personal card...since you fly them...you could attempt a MPP on two of them
To get a bonus on theCSR and CSP you need to wait 48 months from your last bonus

Fly Southwest

About my credit/spend:

Other notes:

THANKS SO MUCH!

Even if you close your Sapphire Reserve card you won't be eligible for the sign up bonus until 2022 so not worth closing unless you don't want to keep it. I would maybe suggest getting the Chase Freedom Unlimited for 20k ultimate reward sign up bonus after $500 spend. And then you can transfer those pts to your CSR. Plus the CFU gets 1.5 pts per $1 spend so much better than the CSR on everyday spending. The SW card is good too because you get a decent sign up bonus and their lowest card is only a $69 annual feel. Plus you can transfer UR points to SW. Beyond that I would look at the Hyatt or IHG Chase cards, Right now IHG has a 140k pt sign up bonus after $3K spend in 3 months (Not UR points! IHG points). A lot of people like Hyatt card as well, a good UR transfer card.

Just tried to cancel my European trip this summer on United. They won't let me do it online even though there's a travel waiver in place. DH has to call because it's on points from his account. I will update.

Just tried to cancel my European trip this summer on United. They won't let me do it online even though there's a travel waiver in place. DH has to call because it's on points from his account. I will update.

United is the worst. I only fly them for work because they are one of our preferred airlines. Fortunately I only travel a couple times a year and right now no travel obviously.

Welcome back....
I’d apply for a SW personal card...since you fly them...you could attempt a MPP on two of them
To get a bonus on theCSR and CSP you need to wait 48 months from your last bonus

Thank you!! What's a MPP?

Even if you close your Sapphire Reserve card you won't be eligible for the sign up bonus until 2022 so not worth closing unless you don't want to keep it. I would maybe suggest getting the Chase Freedom Unlimited for 20k ultimate reward sign up bonus after $500 spend. And then you can transfer those pts to your CSR. Plus the CFU gets 1.5 pts per $1 spend so much better than the CSR on everyday spending. The SW card is good too because you get a decent sign up bonus and their lowest card is only a $69 annual feel. Plus you can transfer UR points to SW. Beyond that I would look at the Hyatt or IHG Chase cards, Right now IHG has a 140k pt sign up bonus after $3K spend in 3 months (Not UR points! IHG points). A lot of people like Hyatt card as well, a good UR transfer card.

Awesome, thanks! Which SW card would you recommend? I do transfer my UR points to SW often.

IHG sounds interesting... I'll look into it!

Thank you!! What's a MPP?

Awesome, thanks! Which SW card would you recommend? I do transfer my UR points to SW often.

IHG sounds interesting... I'll look into it!

All of the SW cards have the same sign up bonus. I personally say the lowest tier card at $69 a year fee. The higher ones have some better perks like more anniversary pts and no foreign transaction fees. The foreign transaction fee isn't a big deal for you because you have a Sapphire card.

Here is a good article comparing them: https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/credit-cards/which-southwest-airlines-credit-card-to-choose

Curious if anyone has a young adult/college student who has gotten approved for a CSP? DD20 was denied again tonight. This is the second time she has applied. She's been approved for a Discover IT right at 18yo and then a CFU 6 mos later. Then, she got a CIP :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1Her income is 16k a year and credit score is 780. I don't understand why she continues to be denied a CSP.

That makes me not want to have DS21 try for this. He too has CFU and CIP with about the same income. They must really be buckling down on even personal card approvals. Does she still have the CIP? I was thinking of cancelling that first to free up the $5000 credit limit on that one.

I got an email saying that my Serve card has the small biz amex offer on it...the spend $10 get $5 back. I assume this won’t load to my Serve acct since I already put it on my gold card. Anyone know if by chance I might be wrong, considering it’s not a credit/charge card?

I got an email saying that my Serve card has the small biz amex offer on it...the spend $10 get $5 back. I assume this won’t load to my Serve acct since I already put it on my gold card. Anyone know if by chance I might be wrong, considering it’s not a credit/charge card?
DH has loaded to both his gold and serve, I have it loaded on both my Aspire and bluebird. Haven't tested using it yet though.

My trip to Myrtle Beach in two weeks is officially cancelled due to rising case counts and a pregnant sister-in-law in our travel party. Without our travel companions along, the trip loses some appeal.

My goal right now is to live the most normal life possible. I don’t see how Myrtle fits that right now given how it will impact our ability to see friends and family for 14 days when we return. AND to properly distance down there we’d have to skip out on so many things we enjoy (the beach is actually low on the list of things important to us there). So the Myrtle we’d be visiting would NOT be “normal” and probably not be worth the $$ spent.
So what are the updates regarding travel to Myrtle Beach? We have a trip planned at the end of the month. I have been trying not to watch the news so I must have missed something.

So what are the updates regarding travel to Myrtle Beach? We have a trip planned at the end of the month. I have been trying not to watch the news so I must have missed something.
I believe masks are now required in Myrtle Beach. Besides that, most stuff here in SC is open, including dining in restaurants, despite the rising case counts.

ETA: Also, the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) has put a mandatory 14-day quarantine on anyone coming from our state.

Last edited:
Updating on United phone call...the issue was with Austrian Airlines leg. United had to manually flag us as Americans and that allowed the Austrian systems to refund our miles. No issues except now I have a ton of United and Marriott points and no plans to use them. I could do a Spring 2021 Europe trip, but I am not even sure we will be allowed to travel by then.

I was about to place an order on Chewy last night, noticed I could pay by Paypal so thought I'd wait until today. I went ahead and added the DiscoverIt to my PP acct. Today I went in to complete the transaction and paid with Freedom via PP instead of Discover :surfweb: I even have a sticky note right in front of me telling me bonus categories for the quarter.

I noticed a new promotion on the SW page today. Attempted to register for myself...no go. Attempted to register my DD...no go.
Anyway, it's for bonus points towards CP for using the credit card.
Register and earn up to 25,000 bonus points this year.
When you have at least 10,000 points post to your Rapid Rewards® account between 8/1/20 and 10/31/20 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 30% bonus (up to 25,000 bonus points).
For example, if you have 3,500 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your account each month during August, September, and October, you’ll earn 3,150 bonus points from Southwest®.
Those 3,150 bonus points will count toward Companion Pass, too!

Interesting!! Look at how my SW offer differs from yours --
Earn 30% bonus points
Register and earn up to 25,000 bonus points this year.
When you have at least 6,000 points post to your Rapid Rewards® account between 8/1/20 and 10/31/20 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 30% bonus (up to 25,000 bonus points).
For example, if you have 2,000 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your account each month during August, September, and October, you’ll earn 1,800 bonus points from Southwest®.
Those 1,800 bonus points will count toward Companion Pass, too!

I wonder if this is because I haven't used my cc for much of anything at all this year? I was able to register.

I had gotten email about a 2 weeks ago that our Orlando flights were changed. I think the flight we had booked got cancelled. We got put on flights with 2 hr layover in Chicago. I called and CSR was able to get me on new flights with no additional points.

Oops, I didn’t see they changed your destination.

And my origin city! Not even in the same state....two entire time zones away. So weird!

I was about to place an order on Chewy last night, noticed I could pay by Paypal so thought I'd wait until today. I went ahead and added the DiscoverIt to my PP acct. Today I went in to complete the transaction and paid with Freedom via PP instead of Discover :surfweb: I even have a sticky note right in front of me telling me bonus categories for the quarter.
I spent $70 on Chewy last week (I've become a hippie dog mom giving my dog all kinds of supplements--good news is her bloodwork showed her liver enzymes are better than they were a year ago but the vet thinks I'm nuts) and this morning there was a $15 Amex offer. I know it appeared today even though I thought I saw other people got it a week or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter