I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the success rate using Happy GCs at BBB for DGCs? Any DPs?

FYI Jewel (Albertsons) has $10 off 2 $50 VGCs and $15 off 2 $100 VGCs.
I used to do this at 2 of our local BBB without a problem. This was before the language change. You have to make sure you select a $50.00 Disney GC for each $50.00 Happy GC and tell the cashier you are using a Visa for $50.00 (they have to enter the amount). I haven't tried since the "no GC language" appeared on the cards. Some cashiers are better than others -- I used to wait for a young person / teenager since they were way more willing to help!

It is hard for me to rank the resorts, because if they all had fresh new rooms I'd rank differently vs ranking them in current condition.
For example, I'd like Poly waaayyy more if the rooms and halls and elevators were redone.

Currently I think I am as follows:
1. YC
2. BW (only 2nd b/c my kids love SAB so much)
3. CSR
4. BC (would be higher with newer rooms)
5. POFQ
6. GF

POR, AKL, Poly, CR, WL....all equal the rest of the list in no particular order since they needed room renovations since my last stays. I haven't stayed at a value in so long I can't rank any fairly. I think Poly DVC would be way up at number 3, but I haven't stayed there yet, so not fair to rank it.

It's super easy for me to rank resorts because AKL is my family's must-do resort. It's just so unique--where else can you sit on your balcony and watch giraffes? I will say that we no longer go in the summer, and even when we did, we hardly ever used the pools--if we did, that might change things. We have stayed another resorts, and all of them have some advantage or another, but none of them have giraffes.

I don't remember reading about offers on them, but can you get offers on the chase biz cards? I don't want to add a 2nd loggin to the app if I don't need to. I looked online and it didn't seem like it but for all I know they hide them or they aren't there because I know for awhile you could only get them on the app.

I don't remember reading about offers on them, but can you get offers on the chase biz cards? I don't want to add a 2nd loggin to the app if I don't need to. I looked online and it didn't seem like it but for all I know they hide them or they aren't there because I know for awhile you could only get them on the app.

I've never seen any for biz cards

Any VGCs on sale anywhere right now?

Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Acme/Jewel/Shaw’s deal on $50 and $100 Visa Gift Cards is back, now until 8/31/19.

• Save $10 on 2x $50 VGC ($4.95 activation fee/each, $0.10 savings)

• Save $15 on 2x $100 VGC ($5.95 activation fee/each, $3.10 savings)

Add the Just4U coupons on the Safeway app. Limit 1 per account.

Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR.

You can check out recent Sheraton resale’s on EBay, print them off and mention Timeshare Users Group. You should get out of the meeting quickly.
It might even be worth ordering a t shirt.

I'm guessing they didn't buy DVC timeshare, or that's one expensive shirt :D
I believe I could sell Boardwalk for twice what we paid for it (and we bought all our DVC, direct from Disney)

I'm guessing they didn't buy DVC timeshare, or that's one expensive shirt :D
I believe I could sell Boardwalk for twice what we paid for it (and we bought all our DVC, direct from Disney)

I’m guessing you are absolutely right :) . Disney is one of the few timeshares that retain their value. Most are like driving a new car off the lot. The one I paid $325 for is getting me into some nice 2-3 BR Marriotts. It does take a bit of work though.

This is something I would DEFINITELY use. Coming from the west coast we struggle to get to an 11 am FP before the grace period runs out. Vacation, for us, is not getting up at 3 am (our time) in order to line up for rope drop. Unfortunately, Disney has pissed DH off and priced us out so I don't know if we will ever be back to WDW. 😢 It was a battle getting him to even agree to adding on a couple days to an existing vacation in California to visit DLR this fall.

Hahaha ... Same for my family, but we are on East Coast time. Prolly been to Disney a hundred times, never made Rope Drop. Even when sharing a hotel with friends, they often make Rope Drop and we often make LUNCH :D

Btw, what does DLR mean ... I always read it as DisneyLand

Can I take a moment to vent just a smidge on young Adults in Banff?

There were a decent amount of young people and older people. Not a lot of families, actually. Old people did their old people sightseeing thing. Young adults, for the most part, hiked harder hikes and did their young adult thing.

But now for my vent- The enormous increase in popularity for Banff is certainly in part to social media and instagram. Those pictures are just to die for.
But watching a handful of young girls (maybe 10%? Which is a scary number) get their “sit here on this rock and reflect” pictures, to then instantly stand up and take a pic of their friends doing the exact same thing; became a teaching tool for me with my oldest daughter.

Being able to point out people who intentionally pose for a picture and intentionally projecting this image they want people to view them as instead of being true to yourself.
If you envy or desire the ability to just sit and reflect, and that’s the image you want to convey, you know you can actually.... sit and reflect, right? As in actually do it?
If you don’t want to, then why are you projecting something you aren’t?
Either A) you want to be that person and have the ability to be but don’t or B) you want others to think you’re someone you aren’t. Neither is ideal or enviable.

Anyway, rant over and get off my lawn! :)

Wish I were half the parent you are. Great observation and teaching moment!

Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Acme/Jewel/Shaw’s deal on $50 and $100 Visa Gift Cards is back, now until 8/31/19.

• Save $10 on 2x $50 VGC ($4.95 activation fee/each, $0.10 savings)

• Save $15 on 2x $100 VGC ($5.95 activation fee/each, $3.10 savings)

Add the Just4U coupons on the Safeway app. Limit 1 per account.

Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR.
Thank you. Unfortunately, I have exactly zero of those stores here. I also have none of those cards or an MSR. Man, I really struck out here. :rotfl2:

Speaking of taking the voluntary bump off a flight, in February our plane home was delayed by a few hours. They announced they were needing 8 people to take $750 vouchers each and a night at the hotel to fly out on the morning. We were 8 people and my husband was running to the booth. Unfortunately the guy in front of him took all of them. He talks about it as " the one that got away" 😂

Once I paid OOP for First Class to maintain status. Someone walked in last minute and paid a large amount OOP too, which overbooked First Class. I offered to sit out, IF they could guarantee the same type of ticket (the letter like "J" or whatever it was), because I needed that level for the points to total fully. They could not guarantee! So I presume they bumped someone who paid by points, because the new customer was sitting next to me on the plane.

I think Poly DVC would be way up at number 3, but I haven't stayed there yet, so not fair to rank it.
I had stayed at the Poly studios years ago when it first opened on a Disney Visa room discount. I remembered it very differently than my last trip in June. The room was definitely fresher than the cash side, but I was not as big of a fan as I had remembered. It may be because I have also been at multiple different WDW resorts since that stay 3+ years ago. The colors were more vibrant, but the room itself was extremely dark. There was barely any lighting if the blinds were closed during the day or ever at night. I also hate the location of the longhouses. When staying on the cash side I usually request Rarotonga. I am at the GCH is 2 seconds. I requested Tokelau for my cash stay in the studio, but got Pago Pago (luckily not a parking lot view). The trek to the GCH seemed like it took forever. I tried 3 different routes to see what was shortest and I couldn't decide. Getting a mug refill at Captain Cook's was also a little inconvenient. The proximity to TTC for Epcot is a "moo" point for me because I always split my stays and don't really venture to Epcot via the monorail.

I have my current December MK portion at Poly in a cash room because I have an amazing rate which is basically half the price of GF discounted and I thought I needed a break from GF after a so-so SL CL visit. I will do the Luau, visit Tambu and Trader Sams, and have breakfast with Stitch. I also booked some meals at GF so absence definitely made the heart grow fonder 😂 I also have spring booked in the Villas at the Grand Floridian and I am VERY excited for that stay.

I had stayed at the Poly studios years ago when it first opened on a Disney Visa room discount. I remembered it very differently than my last trip in June. The room was definitely fresher than the cash side, but I was not as big of a fan as I had remembered. It may be because I have also been at multiple different WDW resorts since that stay 3+ years ago. The colors were more vibrant, but the room itself was extremely dark. There was barely any lighting if the blinds were closed during the day or ever at night. I also hate the location of the longhouses. When staying on the cash side I usually request Rarotonga. I am at the GCH is 2 seconds. I requested Tokelau for my cash stay in the studio, but got Pago Pago (luckily not a parking lot view). The trek to the GCH seemed like it took forever. I tried 3 different routes to see what was shortest and I couldn't decide. Getting a mug refill at Captain Cook's was also a little inconvenient. The proximity to TTC for Epcot is a "moo" point for me because I always split my stays and don't really venture to Epcot via the monorail.

I have my current December MK portion at Poly in a cash room because I have an amazing rate which is basically half the price of GF discounted and I thought I needed a break from GF after a so-so SL CL visit. I will do the Luau, visit Tambu and Trader Sams, and have breakfast with Stitch. I also booked some meals at GF so absence definitely made the heart grow fonder 😂 I also have spring booked in the Villas at the Grand Floridian and I am VERY excited for that stay.

What are you December dates that you got at such a good rate?
We all just really loved the vibe of Poly. The kids have said a couple times they want to go back. It is all about the pools for them. The older ones loved the slide and DD3 was obsessed with the splash park. They all talk about the monorail too, which I thought was super slow for everthing except going to MK.

Thanks for that, I had forgotten that Hilton biz doesn't have the grocery category. Of course, I guess with RATs out the best option is still to use grocery stores for VGC.

GF and BC are my ultimate favorites. I love all the things to do at Poly, but it has slipped from its #1 spot in my book.
Replying to myself for a full ranking:

1- Grand Floridian (overall resort, theme, proximity, and dining)
2- Beach Club (theme, proximity to 2 parks - love DHS, and B&C)
3- Yacht Club (shared BC amenities and lower price on discounts)
4- Polynesian (fun place, but dark. The longhouses also reminded me of Pizza Hut in June. Don’t Google it, it can’t be unseen)
5- Contemporary (proximity to MK. Once GF has the walking path I will probably skip CR until the room refurb)
6- Wilderness Lodge (rooms need a refurb. Boats are nice, but the NE in me wants to go go go. I also miss the old AP)
7- Coronado Springs (motel style buildings bring this down compared to deluxe resorts. I really did enjoy my stay!)
8- Art of Animation (I would have loved this as a kid! As an adult I can appreciate the look, but miss other resort amenities. Maybe the Skyliner will help)

I have never stayed at BW (hard for me to leave BC/YC) or AKL (proximity and bus only has scared me). I need to complete all the deluxe resorts and POFQ is also on my must try list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!