I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterCard allows mortgage so you should have no problem unless your bank is blacklisted from allowing plastiq payments. I’ve paid tons of bills, including my mortgage, many times through plastiq and only had one time I couldn’t get plastiq to accept the address.
Ok. That's encouraging. How do I know if my bank is blacklisted? And if it's not I would know if plastiq won't accept the address ahead of time so I wouldn't risk sending my payment in late right?

Me too! I need someone to talk me into putting my mortgage payment on Plastiq. I feel like I have heard reports of it not working for some folks or at least not working the first time? I definitely wouldn't want to be in the position of it being paid late. Our mortgage is with Citizens Bank (more specifically Citizens One). Do I have anything to worry about or should I just go for it.

Mortgage payments through Plastiq are only a problem with Visa and Amex, in that both networks prohibit mortgage payments on Plastiq. Mastercard and Discover work just fine with Plastiq.

As long as your credit card rewards outweigh the 2.5% (usual) or 1% (promo) fee, you’re coming out ahead. If you’re putting the Plastiq payment towards an MSR, where we’re talking about getting 10%-20% or more back in signup rewards vs spend, you’re definitely coming out ahead.

Ok. That's encouraging. How do I know if my bank is blacklisted? And if it's not I would know if plastiq won't accept the address ahead of time so I wouldn't risk sending my payment in late right?

A bank or financial institution (handling mortgages) may be blacklisted for payments using Amex or Visa, but it should work just fine with a Mastercard.

Always give yourself a few extra days to send a payment in case there are any issues you need to work out with Plastiq (such as recipient’s address or Plastiq asking you to send them proof of a bill) or delays in delivery/processing. When you schedule payments, Plastiq has a calendar that lets you select the deliver by date, and Plastiq has a delivery guarantee that covers any late fees incurred if your payment doesn’t make it by that date, but that’s a hassle. Give yourself extra time just in case by selecting a date a few days before your actual due date.

Is this one of those sketchy eBay status match/challenge kind of deals or a mattress run where you don’t actually have to stay in the hotel?
yeah... it sorta is lol.

Tell us more.
Maybe. Deets please.

some guy on reddit is doing it... $25 for 3 months of Explorist--> mLife Gold.
$50 for 21 months of Explorist --> mlife Gold.

can confirm, its not a scam.
2bQbpgA.jpg

Awesome! I think I'm ready to do this on the 1% offer. Might be a stupid question but does a recurring payment have to come out of the same card or can I switch it after the first payment?

yeah... it sorta is lol.

some guy on reddit is doing it... $25 for 3 months of Explorist--> mLife Gold.
$50 for 21 months of Explorist --> mlife Gold.

can confirm, its not a scam.
2bQbpgA.jpg

This would be good timing for us with the new Hyatt/AA partnership.

So... I applied for Citi personal #4 on Tuesday. Tuesday night someone called me for ID verification. All is good, decision will come soon. Great. I checked the status online this morning and it said declined and gave a phone number to call. Gave them a call and a rep from India gets on the line. All he tells me is card is declined and i need to call my credit bureau. Huh? So I ask him for a supervisor. While I am waiting on hold I google Citi recon and find another number. Hang up and call that number. American woman answers! At least I can understand her now. She looks and apologizes five times. Says app was processed wrong and I could have been approved on Tuesday. She runs it and approves for 19k CL. Just another Citi being Citi.

Like @Lain said, you should be fine using a MC!
I usually schedule my mortgage payment sometime around mid-month to be paid at the beginning of the next month.
Pretty sure when you schedule recurring payments, you need to use the same card but it’s been so long since I did that, I can’t remember. I think if you go in to edit a scheduled payment, it removes the promo.

I honestly don’t mind people asking to come stay with us. Maybe that’s just how my family is? I’ve stayed with my aunt too many times to count when we fly out for trips because she lives near the airport. She’s letting our car sit at her house the three weeks that we’re gone in Japan so we don’t have to pay for parking at the airport. I’ll just be happy to see family and friends. No one has asked to come stay for like a week. It’s mainly just people asking to stay for a night or two when they know they’ll be in the area.
Yes. That's pretty much our situation too. I've never really had anyone impose on me. Nor have I imposed. I do think it's family specific. I love guests.

Hard surfaces = Swiffer to me. I will dust mop and if needed use the wet Swiffer on most of my hard surfaces. The vacuum is great for the crevices though.
With us having cats and litter being on the floor we’ll want a dual hard floor/carpet vacuum I think.

Instant approval for P2 for Citi business with 75k offer. I know I’m not a naturally persistent person so I don’t want to risk the match. Mortgage through plastiq should knock out the MSR and then fingers crossed it works again in a few months. I will apply for myself in a few days.

I PCed DH's Delta Gold to the basic card last month within 30 days of AF posting and had to pay $4 of the AF lol. Maybe because I PCed it?

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me when I PC'ed from the Delta Gold to the Delta Blue. So annoying, I already don't use the card anyway but didn't want to cancel it and piss AmEx off and then they charge a partial AF???

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me when I PC'ed from the Delta Gold to the Delta Blue. So annoying, I already don't use the card anyway but didn't want to cancel it and piss AmEx off and then they charge a partial AF???

See I had the opposite happen on P2's card. I paid the $195 fee last June and used the companion certificate which was issued last June. I decided I did not want to have to pay another AF on it so product changed it to the Blue last month. Unexpectedly I was refunded $32.95. I feel since I used the companion certificate I definitely came out ahead. Amex is so weird!

@wendow!!! You panicked...when I specifically asked you not to??? :P

Like I said - these are VERY mixed reports right now. People are saying they got no bonus. People are saying they got the match and the bonus. I don't know what to make of all of it - but if they MATCHED you to an offer, it seems that they would have to acknowledge that you had AN OFFER to begin with. This is definitely something we want to monitor but I'd feel confident if I were you that you are going to get your points.

I've been really on the fence about whether I'd do the 40k+$250 or 75k offer. This recent news may just swing me over to the 75k offer as I do have a mailer code available to me. I just think everybody needs to monitor the situation and make their own (somewhat) informed decisions... I really with I could provide more clarity, but it isn't there. Of course, I could also keep this hush hush but that doesn't exactly benefit anybody either...or is ignorance bliss in this particular one???

It is time for me to app but I’m trying to get further into my Barclays arrival msr first. Is there a way to try and generate a biz mailer for my next aa biz?

Hey y'all! Happy Tuesday! I'm not caught up at all on the thread but just wanted to say a quick hi.

I've been super busy today with field day for our homeschool co-op and then, get this, @Lain, I took my boys to McDonald's!!!!

Then a playdate...we really do *sometimes* do school. But mostly, we socialize lol. It's the fault of the people who told me my kids would be tragically 'unsocialized' :rotfl2:
this made me smile....I remember our hs years fondly...we had soooo much fun just doing stuff together....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter