I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One tip I've been given about moving to Florida is making sure most of the neighbors in the neighborhood are permanent residents because so many people come down just for the winter. If your neighbors all leave in the summer you might have no one living near you which we definitely don't want.
In the same theme, if your neighborhood allows rentals for snowbirds etc, make sure they don't allow nightly or weekly rentals.

That is kind of what happened to me as well. Along with the new tax laws not doing us any favors. You guys are same size fam as us. Are you paying more now?
No, we will def pay less this year since DH changed jobs and made 60% less income. Total bait and switch. So I can’t compare years side by side til he starts having commission roll in regularly like he should. He left that company and has been at a more established one for about 2 months now, so hopefully in 6 months things will be much improved.

Congrats @Haley R!!! How exciting!! I had to google maps where Melbourne was yesterday to see how close you’d be to Orlando :)

The wedding we went to last year was in Melbourne Beach. We didn't go into Melbourne at all, stayed on the little strip of beach. We did rent a Mustang convertible and ride in our 5.0 with the ragtop down so our hair could blow on A1A - Beachfront avenue. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: And you and @Haley R are probably too young and don't know what the heck I am talking about.

Vanilla Ice Ice baby.

Seriously never. Just raccoons. We don't see them often, but my aunt & uncle live on the other side of the bay and they had so much trouble with them that he finally built an enclosure for the trash cans and it only kept them out after he put an actual padlock on it. I guess they haven't figured out how to pick locks yet.
Yet...

FIL strapped the garbage cans so they couldn't knock them over anymore, but that meant they figured out his lid solution... he had a heavy board on a hinge (they have a half wall to hide the cans so it was attached to that) that laid on top of the lids when it was down. They figured that out so he started putting a cinderblock on top, until they figured out to knock it off. Then he started bungee cording the cinderblock on the lid... they chewed a hole in the bottom of the trash can, and pulled everything out through there. That was even worse because it shredded all the bags and trash as they tried to pull stuff out and made an even worse mess than normal.

Yet...

FIL strapped the garbage cans so they couldn't knock them over anymore, but that meant they figured out his lid solution... he had a heavy board on a hinge (they have a half wall to hide the cans so it was attached to that) that laid on top of the lids when it was down. They figured that out so he started putting a cinderblock on top, until they figured out to knock it off. Then he started bungee cording the cinderblock on the lid... they chewed a hole in the bottom of the trash can, and pulled everything out through there. That was even worse because it shredded all the bags and trash as they tried to pull stuff out and made an even worse mess than normal.

Yep! We totally human proofed our cans many years ago but not so much for the racoons. I laugh because that's pretty close to the progression my dad did too. Took me 5 minutes to put the bag of trash into the can with all the contraptions, don't know how long it took the trash pandas to get it out again but they usually did. We had a family unit living nearby - team work always prevails!

Yep! We totally human proofed our cans many years ago but not so much for the racoons. I laugh because that's pretty close to the progression my dad did too. Took me 5 minutes to put the bag of trash into the can with all the contraptions, don't know how long it took the trash pandas to get it out again but they usually did. We had a family unit living nearby - team work always prevails!
We hear them at night a lot. They haven't been around as much lately because we've had coyotes close. I think we're also a target as it sounds like a lot of the neighbors put out traps and poison but my ILs would never do that. They haven't gotten much cat food lately but I guess the stray didn't come by to eat yesterday. They also pretty much ate one trash can lid so we pitched it. We spent most of last spring/summer with a branch sticking out of that trash can because the little ones would get in after trash day and not be able to get back out since there wasn't much in there. We figured it out when FIL threw a trash bag on one :scared: He seemed to be okay after we pushed the can over so he could get out, but FIL felt so bad lol. Then it became a regular occurrence, like every morning DH and I would go to leave and hear one stuck in the can, so we stuck a branch in so they'd be able to get out themselves. Now we just put less interesting things in the can without a lid and try not to put too interesting of stuff out until trash day...

Oh yes, there have been times when MIL has left her car windows open and they'd take a fast food bag off the passenger seat :scared1: That car had an electrical issue so sometimes the windows wouldn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter