I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suck at reddit search. Has anyone seen info about loading Serve with MCGCs? The info on FT is pretty dated.

I could settle and only do one night lol
I'm torn since Pop is not much more but refundable. I'm a scaredy cat lol. Also I'm tempted to book Pop and then see if anything drops a lot in the next week or so as it gets really close, like just outside the 5 day cancellation window

This is the 3rd time I've requested a match. The first two requests were matched after I could get them to put in a request. This last one is the one I cannot even get that far. I've said the same thing I've said the previous two times...basically, I saw a higher offer of 60k shortly after I received my card and want to request a match to that offer. Tell me what you are saying and I'll try that lol!!

I started off both chats asking if someone would be able to help me put in a request. Then once I was connected to a rep, for DH's chat, the rest was similar to yours (recently opened card, 40k pt offer, noticed a 60kpt one, could we match, blah blah blah).

For mine however, the new higher public offer of 70k had just been released, so I thought what the hey and decided to go for it. After stating I just recently got the 40k offer card, I noticed there is now a public offer of 70k pts, and would it be possible to get a courtesy match to that higher public offer. No idea if "public" and "courtesy" key words made any difference, but the request went through.

Now I'm not holding my breath about actually getting 70k pts (but it would be so awesome if I do), because I read the matches are only up to 75k pts or an extra 20k, whichever is lower. Figured I'd give it a try though since it's a new public offer, and if it's a no go, then I'll try again for a 60k pt match.

I'm still very bitter over Swolphin. Even if they left them at 35k per night properties, they would still be not a great cpp value, but I would find it much easier to pull the trigger on say, 140k pts for 5 nights vs 200k pts.
I am as well. Swolphin was why I opened 5 Marriott/SPG cards early last year. Now I cannot use any of those FN certs there and the point cost is just ridiculous. And don't get me started on the useless cat 1-4, 7-night cert. Yeah, I'm a little bitter.

I started off both chats asking if someone would be able to help me put in a request. Then once I was connected to a rep, for DH's chat, the rest was similar to yours (recently opened card, 40k pt offer, noticed a 60kpt one, could we match, blah blah blah).

For mine however, the new higher public offer of 70k had just been released, so I thought what the hey and decided to go for it. After stating I just recently got the 40k offer card, I noticed there is now a public offer of 70k pts, and would it be possible to get a courtesy match to that higher public offer. No idea if "public" and "courtesy" key words made any difference, but the request went through.

Now I'm not holding my breath about actually getting 70k pts (but it would be so awesome if I do), because I read the matches are only up to 75k pts or an extra 20k, whichever is lower. Figured I'd give it a try though since it's a new public offer, and if it's a no go, then I'll try again for a 60k pt match.
Thanks! I will try this tonight :) Clearly my last two attempts have not worked so time to try something different!

My experience was upgrading DHs old CSP (on which I was AU) to CSR. An AU Card showed up for me and on the website clearly showed $0 for AU. When the CSR AF hit, so did the AU$ 75. So I had a CSR for a few months. When DH called to have me removed as AU, they wouldn’t credit the $75 until I returned the card in the envelope they sent.
Do you remember when this was? Did the AF hit at the year anniversary or a few months later? Are there any benefits to keeping to AU - like PP access or GE credit?

Ok... working out trip details

Flight down: DEN-MCO for 9k RRs + CP

Night 1 options:
Pop AP rate $176 (cover with Arrival Plus?)
Pop via Hotels.com $211 - GC stash = $30ish (plus portals, plus free night credit, etc)
Airport Hyatt 12k URs
DS Hilton 50k Hilton pts
I think I found Coronado Springs on Priceline for $166 total (cover with Arrival Plus?)

Nights 2-3: Dolphin, $500 room + $89 annual fee from upgrade - $380 AMEX credits = $209 net

Nights 4-6 options: (cover with Arrival Plus?)
5 night trip = 2 nights at Pop, $415 rack rate
6 night trip = 3 nights at Pop, $566 rack rate

Flight home options:
Late flight on SW 11k RRs
Early flight next morning either
  • United 9k URs pp
  • Frontier $175 incl seat selections, just backpacks, $35 if we add a carry on (cover with Arrival Plus?)
  • SW 7.5k RRs for connecting flight
We've got plenty of URs... Especially with 2 new CIPs :D Have $225 in Arrival credit on DHs, and if I charge any of these options to my Arrival that will push me past MSR and I will have $800+ in credit. Also have $600ish in Disney GCs currently because I just blew some of them on something... Decisions, decisions...

After laying it out like this, I'm leaning towards Hotels.com for the first night... being able to use DME that night probably saves $50-$60 in ubers; we'd have to get to the hotel, then to the Dolphin to drop bags the next morning, vs Pop will transfer them to the Dolphin for us. We will most likely uber back to MCO no matter what. I'm thinking about trying to apply suite night credits for the Dolphin nights because, why not? I don't have any other use in mind for them right now and they're not guaranteed anyways.

FWIW, we loved our stay at Coronado Springs last November. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Ok, last update, I hope. Same number as the first time called me again. May I speak to Mr WvMomof3? This is. This is Mr WVMomof3? Yes. lol Ughhhh Same as @1st*toright they wanted me to verify nobody asked my to buy the giftcard. I almost said yes, my wife made me buy them. :rotfl: So if you are buying Staples online giftcards expect a call from Framingham, MA. Kind of ironic I thought they were scamming me when they were trying to verify I was not getting scammed.
Weird that’s where I live!! I swear it wasn’t me!!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I don't think chat's going to work. IME with most companies, chat is a stripped down customer service experience - they can do simple routine things but outside of that it's a gamble if they know more or have authority to do more. Your request is definitely outside of a script and so they probably have no guidance on how to assist with that. (although you'd think at least they'd be given enough info to point to you call the customer service line)

I think you're going to have to call. I call as hubby and just go with it, probably 50/50 on if they actually ask if I'm him (IIRC that's why you haven't called yet?). Unless you can cancel that order and try it again? Maybe @1st*toright can share what number Staples called from to confirm their order and you'd know what's safe to pick up, or call back -

Wow, everyone here has great memory. I do recall reading this before. Honestly, I am guessing that first number that called is probably legit, but just felt weird to me they wanted to call back on a non 800 number. I did call the 800 number on my email. She couldn't help me either! She said she is going to call me back. What a pain. I was also trying to stack a RMN with my Amex.

The call I got from Staples was from 508-253-3643. Came up as Framingham, MA (yup, that's where their HQ is). He identified himself and had all the data on what I had purchased, didn't ask me for any personal data, just was the order for x,y,z gift cards made by me.

The call I got from Staples was from 508-253-3643. Came up as Framingham, MA (yup, that's where their HQ is). He identified himself and had all the data on what I had purchased, didn't ask me for any personal data, just was the order for x,y,z gift cards made by me.
508 is right area code :confused3

Just booked a quick trip out to visit @Lain

Well, he's probably too cool to hang with me, but we are spending a few days in the bay area in June - a night in San Francisco, then a couple days in Santa Cruz. We have family out there, so its a combination of visiting family and doing some touristy stuff. Unfortunately, I'm still hoarding points towards my Europe trip, so this is actually costing a fair amount of real $$$ - not a cheap place to visit. Flights were covered by SW points and SW GCs from my amexs. Hotels are all out of pocket (ugh), but I'm hoping my Marriott status will get us some upgrade action - using some of my Suite Nights upgrade requests. We'll see what happens.

Hi all!! I’ve been away for a bit and this is (I think?) my first post on the 2.0 thread. Love reading all of the great info and hearing about all of the trips made possible with points!!

We have a cruise tentatively booked on RCCL Allure next July out of Barcelona. Last time we flew there DH and I both got the Chased United card along with points left over from UR sign ups and transferred to United to book Lufthansa flights. It was a great experience. This was 4 years ago and I’m wondering if there is something else we should look at? We cancelled the United cards after the first year so we should be eligible for those. We have some URs left over and I don’t yet have the CSR so that could be an option to top up points. We’d need 3 tickets and are fine flying coach.

Appreciate any tips/advice. Our home airport is Detroit which is a Delta hub. We can fly out of Canada as well if it’s significantly cheaper but prefer to fly out of Detroit (we live 10 min away from DTW).

Hi @bernina! Long time no see!

What's your 5/24 status like these days? Chase changed the CSP and CSR to only one signup bonus every 48 months, so depending on how long ago you received your last Sapphire bonus that's not an option. If you're under 5/24, and open to signing up for business cards, the Chase Ink Business cards (the CIC, CIU, and especially the CIP) are an option to build up some UR points, which can be transferred to United miles if you find a good redemption. If you're under 5/24, Chase also put out a new signup offer on the United Explorer card yesterday, but it's a tiered bonus that requires you to spend $8k MSR to earn 60k United miles.

As for Delta, Amex is currently running increased offers on their Delta personal and business credit cards until 5/1/19:

Increased American Express Delta Offers Now Available

Increased American Express Business Delta Offers Now Available.

I recall you have a Platinum card. You can use the Platinum card to generate a referral link, open that link in a new browser or incognito window, click through all the different cards with a referral offer, and find the Delta personal or business card with the increased signup up offer you want to apply for. You should receive the increased signup bonus and a 15k MR referral bonus on the Platinum for the self-referral.

However, as with all things Amex, you'll only qualify for the signup bonus if you don't have and never had that card product, and if you don't get the bonus denial pop up that warns you that you're ineligible for the bonus because of your "history." If you don't want new cards counting against 5/24, then you should also stick to business cards.

My last minute mother daughter Memorial day weekend WDW trip is coming together!

Flying PVD-MCO Sat May 25-Tuesday May 28: RR points and companion pass

Saturday night Swan Hotel: $272 prepaid member rate plus resort fee and tax= $340: using Bonvoy Brilliant $300 credit

Sunday and Monday night: DVC points for Standard Studio at Villas at Grand Floridian (21 points each)

Tickets: Me-AP, DD3- 30,080 TYP for a 3 day non hopper ticket (will post more on this on Dischurners)

I am so excited, I have never been to the Flower and Garden Festival! I also booked dinner at 1900 Park Fare, another first!

Just booked a quick trip out to visit @Lain

Well, he's probably too cool to hang with me, but we are spending a few days in the bay area in June - a night in San Francisco, then a couple days in Santa Cruz. We have family out there, so its a combination of visiting family and doing some touristy stuff. Unfortunately, I'm still hoarding points towards my Europe trip, so this is actually costing a fair amount of real $$$ - not a cheap place to visit. Flights were covered by SW points and SW GCs from my amexs. Hotels are all out of pocket (ugh), but I'm hoping my Marriott status will get us some upgrade action - using some of my Suite Nights upgrade requests. We'll see what happens.

You sure you want to visit Santa Cruz?

ICMQ3KM.jpg

Thank you @calypso726 @Judique and @Lain for the great tips . I'll keep my SPG card then since it's not increasing to $125.
I will check out ANA and read the articles. You guys are the best! I'm so glad I found this thread. It makes me think of all the points I could have earned this whole time! LOL! Better late than never, I guess. I have so much to learn.

Speaking of travel insurance, do you have to purchase the tickets with the CSR/CSP to get the travel insurance through the credit card or do you just have to have the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter