I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is traveling on topic sort of? A couple weeks ago I ordered a bunch of travel makeup brush sets from Ulta because I was hoping to find some that aren't as long as regular brushes, and make a little travel makeup bag set so I'm not moving stuff back and forth all the time. So yesterday I went to return them and realized I didn't have my card I used on me, so I asked if I could just get it on a gift card. I planned to pick up a few things while there. Instead they gave me cash :thumbsup2 The bad part was, I figured I'd be able to get my eyeshadow, etc there for the travel set, a couple little cosmetic mirrors, maybe a teeny makeup bag... Nope, didn't have any of what I wanted at all. Silly me, thinking that if they had the brand online they would have it in store :rolleyes: And the whole time I just felt super judged because god forbid you go into the beauty store with no makeup on. Guess I'll just head back to Target.

I missed a few days, so I'm likely about 100 pages behind, LOL.

Looking at the Marriott Bonvoy Business card. Is it worth it to even get into the Marriott points game? I know the Bonvoy Business has a higher fee after 3/28 so if I'm going to get it I'd do so now. I'm at like 1/24 under the Chase rules; not counting I opened a CIC in Nov 2018 and a CIP in Feb 2019. Also have the CSR, CF, CFU, Disney, Amazon and two credit union cards.

But, reading about Marriott points and it doesn't sound like they are that valuable and that it may be better to just skip it and buy hotels via the Chase portal.
I'd say it depends on where and what you want to use the Marriott/Bonvoy points for. Check the Marriott website to see how many points you need for the properties you want and if the free night would be worth it to you next year.
They aren't as valuable as they used to be when there were better options for flights/nights etc.

So this is traveling on topic sort of? A couple weeks ago I ordered a bunch of travel makeup brush sets from Ulta because I was hoping to find some that aren't as long as regular brushes, and make a little travel makeup bag set so I'm not moving stuff back and forth all the time. So yesterday I went to return them and realized I didn't have my card I used on me, so I asked if I could just get it on a gift card. I planned to pick up a few things while there. Instead they gave me cash :thumbsup2 The bad part was, I figured I'd be able to get my eyeshadow, etc there for the travel set, a couple little cosmetic mirrors, maybe a teeny makeup bag... Nope, didn't have any of what I wanted at all. Silly me, thinking that if they had the brand online they would have it in store :rolleyes: And the whole time I just felt super judged because god forbid you go into the beauty store with no makeup on. Guess I'll just head back to Target.
I always feel judged at Ulta because I'm not a heavy makeup user!

We had to switch some dates on our trip to Versailles/DL Paris & we now have time to fit in WDW afterwards :flower1: Though I have to say it is terrifying to be planning just two months out. We did manage to find a room at AKL.

We are thinking about trying the Parkeology Challenge: http://www.parkeology.com/parkeology-challenge-all-disney-world-disneyland-rides-one-day

Has anyone ever done it? We thought we should definitely try it now before SWGE opens & it becomes basically impossible...

We did the all 4 parks in one day, can't imagine actually trying to ride every ride while doing it. Yikes. Do it while you are young! lol I was so exhausted after doing it, we did a lot, but we also did some snoozers to help out. We ate at Crystal Palace so that took some time and at Epcot we may have taken a little nap in the American Adventure show. It decided to rain in the middle of the day and that ruined our Mine train fast passes, so things definitely have to go like clockwork for it to work, no rain and no rides down and definitely no getting stuck on rides. lol Good luck if you try!

Has anyone cancelled a Universal room lately? I cancelled a room on last Thursday and got the confirmation right away, but still no refund on my CC.

Just got off the phone with Chase for the 4th time since getting back from vacation. I made a huge redemption (73k UR points) for a day trip on our vacation that got cancelled due to high winds. You'd think I could get my points back at a reasonable time frame. Nope...over the limit that these reps have the authority to refund. Have to escalate it...but it's still over the limit the supervisor could refund. Now, I have to wait 24-72 hours for a return phone call because it had to be escalated even higher. There was no limit on the redemption, why should there be a limit on the refund!:headache:

But I think I used the "it's" correctly so as not to irritate the grammar/spelling police:smooth:

Somehow I manage to time very trip to Ulta to when I'm not wearing make up :laughing: I'm going to Sephora for the first time this weekend with a friend. Maybe I'll slap some foundation on for that trip...

Just got off the phone with Chase for the 4th time since getting back from vacation. I made a huge redemption (73k UR points) for a day trip on our vacation that got cancelled due to high winds. You'd think I could get my points back at a reasonable time frame. Nope...over the limit that these reps have the authority to refund. Have to escalate it...but it's still over the limit the supervisor could refund. Now, I have to wait 24-72 hours for a return phone call because it had to be escalated even higher. There was no limit on the redemption, why should there be a limit on the refund!:headache:

But I think I used the "it's" correctly so as not to irritate the grammar/spelling police:smooth:
Wow - that’s frustrating.

Looking at the Marriott Bonvoy Business card. Is it worth it to even get into the Marriott points game? I know the Bonvoy Business has a higher fee after 3/28 so if I'm going to get it I'd do so now. I'm at like 1/24 under the Chase rules; not counting I opened a CIC in Nov 2018 and a CIP in Feb 2019. Also have the CSR, CF, CFU, Disney, Amazon and two credit union cards.

But, reading about Marriott points and it doesn't sound like they are that valuable and that it may be better to just skip it and buy hotels via the Chase portal.

I opened one for myself and then referred DH...since the first year annual fee was waived.

We will use the points to book 2br or 3br Marriott timeshare villas in Orlando...I’ve been researching, in September when we are going they are both 45,000 points per night...the same nights are less points through the Chase portal
But the way I look at it is the 4 nights booked with Marriott points will have cost me 0

It’s not a card we will keep and I’m not worried about the Amex pop up since I have applied for all the cards we want from them

Somehow I manage to time very trip to Ulta to when I'm not wearing make up :laughing: I'm going to Sephora for the first time this weekend with a friend. Maybe I'll slap some foundation on for that trip...
Lol! The closest Sephora to me is at least 20min on a good day. I was hoping Ulta would have the reusable quart bags like people have talked about on here, but I didn't see anything. It was very frustrating. And eventually I ended up calling DH so that the sales people would stop approaching me and looking all judgy. After I was glad I got a cash refund instead of a gift card!

Lol! The closest Sephora to me is at least 20min on a good day. I was hoping Ulta would have the reusable quart bags like people have talked about on here, but I didn't see anything. It was very frustrating. And eventually I ended up calling DH so that the sales people would stop approaching me and looking all judgy. After I was glad I got a cash refund instead of a gift card!
I got my reusable bag from ebags. Maybe you need to go shopping on ebags again!

do you bring your own bottles going into Marriott properties? :P

I do! Usually we're staying at a hotel property so it's worth the airport price to me to buy 3 before we walk out of the airport.

There are places I plan my drink around or don't go to because of the Pepsi thing. I have cut down though so I don't drink pop everyday but still more often than I should. But the cravings for the taste...

I do the same thing-if it's pepsi I do not patronize.

don't forget to add Sephora to every portal u know. lol

That's great news! CSP it is. Now do I do a modified double dip? Anyone here done one with success?

i haven't, but from casual reading, seems calling might be necessary. I think you mentioned your DH wouldn't want to do that? I think the idea is to wait for the first card to be approved. Then the next day apply for the second. But if the second goes pending, I think you have to call in to get it pushed through. Wait too long and the system will see the first card. You could apply first for the card you really want and hope the second is auto-approved. If not, just let it go if your DH doesn't want to call (would be wasted hard pulls though).

Check your Chase account for "Selected For You" offers. DoC reporting some people targeted for 70k CSP bonus.

I think it's worth it. Doesn't add to your x/24, no annual fee first year, maybe not even a hard pull if you're an existing AmEx customer. So to me, the only "cost" is the MSR. If you keep it a second year, AF is kept at $95 (goes up third year), and you get a free 35k night.

ETA: remembered there's another cost, to keep putting spend on the Bonvoy Biz to keep the pop-up at bay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter