I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it’s quite common to hear the addition of a possessive to the name of a location in Hawaii. So, you’ll hear “Let’s go to Costco’s,” or “Let’s go Zippy’s” (which actually has a possessive in its name), similar to how one would say, “Let’s go [to] Auntie’s [Beach House].”
It’s very common in Chicago as well. I grew up with people saying “I’m going to run over to the Jewel’s for groceries” ugh.

We had a beautiful, sunny, 70° weekend here in San Francisco, but our entire family was knocked out and bedridden by some nasty bug my kiddo brought home from school. I’ve been nursing my two ladies while self-medicating to keep my headache and sore throat at bay. Not at 100%.
No criticism intended. Just always amazed you’re always on top of things.
Hope everyone feels better quickly.

I am going to LOSE MY EVER LOVING MIND with citi's website!! My dh got his citi biz yesterday. I go on to activate and it lets me activate. Then says he can access his account online. Since he doesn't have a biz account already, I click to 'register for online access'. It takes me back into the activation screens. Go through and tells me 'yay, activated. You can now access your account online'. I click to register for online access and back into the activation I go....I'm so frustrated! This is exactly what happened with mine. Does everyone else get this?!?!?!

Actually, it’s quite common to hear the addition of a possessive to the name of a location in Hawaii. So, you’ll hear “Let’s go to Costco’s,” or “Let’s go Zippy’s” (which actually has a possessive in its name), similar to how one would say, “Let’s go [to] Auntie’s [Beach House].”
That’s one mystery solved!

Does anyone know which culture the Myth of the Disney Restaurant Fire Code came from?

When people talk about getting the AF “refunded,” by product changing or cancelling a card, have they actually paid the AF or is the charge just taken off the statement?

When an AF posts, it’ll post as a charge to your account statement.

When you PC or close a card within a certain time (usually 30 days of the AF posting or statement closing), and the AF is refunded, it’ll post as a statement credit.

If you haven’t paid the AF prior to the “refund,” the statement credit wipes out the AF charge and you no longer owe the AF.

If you paid the AF, your payment credited against the AF; and the refund will result in a statement credit that can be applied against any current or remaining balance. If the balance was 0, then the statement credit will result in a negative or credit balance that you can ask the bank to refund to you as a check or apply against the balance on another of their cards.

I am going to LOSE MY EVER LOVING MIND with citi's website!! My dh got his citi biz yesterday. I go on to activate and it lets me activate. Then says he can access his account online. Since he doesn't have a biz account already, I click to 'register for online access'. It takes me back into the activation screens. Go through and tells me 'yay, activated. You can now access your account online'. I click to register for online access and back into the activation I go....I'm so frustrated! This is exactly what happened with mine. Does everyone else get this?!?!?!
If they weren’t handing out points like candy, I think we’d all be done with them...it is the price we must pay I guess. LOL!

So I did some searching on useaamiles.com and aavacations.com this evening.

I was able to prove that there doesn’t appear to be any further discount when you book “hotel + car” on aavacations than if you booked them separately via useaamiles. Why do I care? Because you can isolate how much you’re paying for the “throwaway” rental car using the useaamiles site since aavacations doesn’t give you a breakdown.

It does seem that useaamiles has more car companies than aavacations though so you have to make sure you’re comparing apples to apples. At any rate, this throwaway car idea isn’t actually that terrible if you have a ton of AA miles to burn and wanted the dining plan or tickets.

@Lain @SouthFayetteFan my AmEx Hilton Aspire shipped to me on December 14th. I got the AmEx business in late January / early February. Am I okay to call for reconsideration on my Bonvoy business application on Tuesday (I had the decline for too many cards on March 8th). Or should I wait until the end of the week?

Just the Aspire in mid-December, 2018 and the AmEx Hilton business in early February (of this year). Those were my last 2 applications. Before that it was the CIP in September, 2018 (I am a slow churner lol). And the Hyatt in July, 2018. Before that it was the CSR in October, 2016.

I have been putting most of my spend on the AmEx Aspire over the past few months since I need a few more points for our Maldives trip next year. Once I have enough HH points I'll be putting my the majority of my spend on the Bonvoy for our Whistler December ski trip (Westin Whistler -- reservation made -- 400,000 points short :rolleyes1)

Ok. So the Hilton Aspire should now be more than 90 days out. Within the past 90 days, you were approved for the Hilton Biz and applied, but was denied for the Bonvoy Biz under the 2/90 rule. You should be fine to call the number provided in your Bonvoy Biz denial letter now to ask reconsideration of the application.

I believe Amex gives 60 days from the date of application to recon its denial.

If the Amex rep says denied for too many cards, ask her which cards, and mention the Aspire was approved more than 90 days ago, so that leaves just the Hilton Biz in the past 90 days. (Amex reps may not refer to it as the 2/90 rule, but that’s what they’re getting at — they’ll only approve you for 2 Amex credit cards in a 90 days period. The Aspire was opened more than 90 days ago, so it should no longer count against you for approval of the Bonvoy Biz.)

Good luck!

I had to call on mine but getting my dh to call isn't as easy. He will do it but it will just take forever to actually happen...And I don't have a deep voice lol...
Maybe he has a high voice. If they act like you aren’t him get super offended that they’d insult your high voice! Demand extra AA miles for the inconvenience!

Yinzers in Pittsburgh like to go dahn giant eagles or aldis and buy some groceries.
Totally OT but I can't figure out how yinz / yinzers even came about as it just feels unnatural. I get y'all, natural, I even get youse, as that flows, but can't figure out yinz. Yunz maybe? Still feels a little odd.

I mean all youse guys eatin' wooder ice in the jawn before da Iggles game, don'tcha agree?

(Yes, wooder is not a myth, unfortunately I caught myself saying it exactly as written once...)

Totally OT but I can't figure out how yinz / yinzers even came about as it just feels unnatural. I get y'all, natural, I even get youse, as that flows, but can't figure out yinz. Yunz maybe? Still feels a little odd.

I mean all youse guys eatin' wooder ice in the jawn before da Iggles game, don'tcha agree?

(Yes, wooder is not a myth, unfortunately I caught myself saying it exactly as written once...)
:confused: None of this makes any sense whatsoever to me...Yinzers? Wooder? jawn?

And I thought Texans had the market cornered on talking funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter