I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SBWB48 made a similar trip to SF last year that included a ballgame at AT&T (now Oracle Park). I believe she stayed at the Hyatt Regency near the Embarcadero or the Hyatt Centric at Fisherman's Wharf. If you have the UR points, transferring them to Hyatt can be a great deal! However, note that many of Hyatt's hotels will be going up in award categories on 3/18/19, including the Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf (from Category 4 15k/night to Category 5 20k/night) -- so if you have dates in mind, book before then if you can. The Hyatt Regency (along with other Hyatts in the city) is already Category 5 20k/night and isn't changing. These two hotels are right along the Embarcadero, which runs along the city's eastern shoreline up against the Bay. From these hotels, you can easily walk to and catch the E-Embarcadero Line streetcar from Fisherman's Wharf or the Ferry Building down to Oracle Park, or the F-Line streetcar up and down the Embarcadero between Market Street and Fisherman's Wharf, or from the Hyatt Regency take the T-Third underground MUNI from Market Street to the ballpark. Uber and Lyft are also readily available, so there's no need to rent a car.

If you need more suggestions, let me know!

See Hyatt 2019 Award Category Changes – 130 Increasing, 129 Decreasing (Effective 3/18/19)
I'm going to explore either the Centric or the Regency. I've never tapped into my UR stash so if I move them to Hyatt, I'm assuming I need to create a Hyatt Account? Do I need a Hyatt card to do this?

FYI: RUMOR: Chase reps being told not to book cruises past 2019 via the travel portal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Drofcredit/status/1105617904521736192
NO, NO, NO!
That is what I am collecting UR's for, a 2020 Panama Canal cruise. We leave this Saturday on our Southern Caribbean cruise that was paid for with UR's after Chase nerfed Disney and I need to change directions. This is so not sitting well with me. I was just fixing to get my thoughts together to come ask for advice here. Now I need to chew on this for a few minutes.

JetSuite X.
What is it? This is a semi private airline that flies around mostly in Southern California. I was able to book my return flight from Las Vegas --> John Wayne for only $30.
The advantage of flying with them is convenience. You dont need to go through security... You are told to show up at 30-40 mins before your flight. Unfortunately for me, my flight out was delayed.

kXau9BG.jpg

Pixel 3 night shot taken through a limo tint bus... i was quite impressed by the camera... we were asked to wait in the bus as they load the checkin baggage. We are literally driven to the plane. No TSA, no boarding area... straight out private terminal...

BhH8jBW.jpg

plenty of leg room... seat is a bit cramped(width wise) for me as i was sitting on the one seater... was still comfortable. i was in 4A. Theres around 30 seats total, plane had a total of 9 ppl. 1 flight attendant that serviced drinks and snacks... Also, no overhead bins... all items need to be under the seat or in an empty seat. Lots of ppl left their baggage on the empty rows.

DUQzDUc.jpg

obligated leg room photo?

Landing was a bit rougher than a 737... but its a speed demon driving around the airport... we were parked at the the private jet section and let off at the south end of the airport. Most people Uber out... i had parked my car in a nearby hotel for $12 a day so i ended up hiking there. took me like 15 mins. Overall, with the exception of the 1 hour delay, i had a good experience. worth checking out if any of you guys are in the SoCal Area.

QE4hxBW.jpg

Plane at SNA

Hope you enjoyed my photos and review!

Mom's dog Buddy is back from his day at the vet. He ended up getting 2 lipoma's removed when we expected just one. Once they shaved him down there they found the other. Had them removed because if they kept growing they could impede going potty. Also got his teeth cleaned and he has an extra tooth! Wish he could give it to Dude since he's got half :) Also had his leg xray'd to confirm it's arthritis. He's about 10 and a small dog. It's his first time being under and isn't a fun loopy dog like Dude, doesn't seem to want to sleep just lay there and probably needs to potty but won't. Thankfully Dude's being good though he was so happy Buddy was home.

Thank you so much. I didn't know the train went from Oakland into SF. I'm sure it's easy to spot a newb. I'm saving this post in my spreadsheet. This really helps!

Between BART, Muni and Cal Train combined with uber you can get pretty much anywhere in the bay area between SF and San Jose over through Hayward/Fremont and Dublin/Pleasanton/Concord. There's not much reason to have a car as a tourist and the traffic etc will just drive you nuts anyway.

There's a short connector train from OAK to the main BART line. OAK to Coliseum Station, transfer to the San Francisco/Daly City train.

I wonder how well the app ticketing works. Have had to walk alllll the way to the other end of the station before to find a station agent (not at Embarcadero though).

Depending on the time of day I totally wouldn't use the app because of this. I feel like it's not common to find station agents around.

How close do you have to be from flying for this to work? We are 2 months out and it doesn’t work for me

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. Once they finish with the black boxes they'll know/have a better idea what went wrong. They should know by the time you fly. Otherwise I would imagine you wouldn't know which particular type of 737 it is until within a week if that far out. Not sure how close in they designate the specific type of plane, though it's always subject to change. But don't freak if it says 737 because there are several types and I think SW only has 30 something. In the grand scheme of 737 planes world wide, there's a very tiny percentage that are the max 8 because it's so new.

I'm going to explore either the Centric or the Regency. I've never tapped into my UR stash so if I move them to Hyatt, I'm assuming I need to create a Hyatt Account? Do I need a Hyatt card to do this?

You will need a hyatt account but not the hyatt card. Though having the card gets you discoverist status which may get an upgrade, gets you bottled water daily and maybe other stuff I can't remember. We got a welcome bottle of wine in Paris that we left cause no room/don't drink wine. Didn't realize when we were there about the water cause signage was confusing and I was bad and didn't read what I got before we left. I did before SF so I totally took advantage of the water. Also double check with the stadium cause you can probably take bottled water in but under a certain size, helps with the cost.

@Albort do you even want to fly commercial again? Thanks for the pics. That's a great deal and I wish they had something like that here even if it was just to go down to Portland or up to Vancouver, I could see taking advantage of it for that price.

NO, NO, NO!
That is what I am collecting UR's for, a 2020 Panama Canal cruise. We leave this Saturday on our Southern Caribbean cruise that was paid for with UR's after Chase nerfed Disney and I need to change directions. This is so not sitting well with me. I was just fixing to get my thoughts together to come ask for advice here. Now I need to chew on this for a few minutes.
I am terribly sorry to be the one that shared that nugget... I knew it would affect somebody.

HOPEFULLY this is just to facilitate a switch to Expedia. DoC even suggests that in a reply tweet... Still, not a good look for the supposedly "Ultimate" travel rewards program...

Applied for and was denied a Delta Gold AMEX. They used a SP from Feb. 20 so that was a few points lower than what it is currently. I was going to wait until my SSL from NavyFed reported but season tickets for the local theater go on sale Thursday and I told my wife she could buy a pair to guarantee she gets to see Hamilton when it's here in OCT. Would have taken a large chunk out of the MSR. I'll wait two months for the loan to report and try again. Was very surprised that AMEX showed me the denial letter almost immediately online rather than having to wait for it in the mail.

@Albort do you even want to fly commercial again? Thanks for the pics. That's a great deal and I wish they had something like that here even if it was just to go down to Portland or up to Vancouver, I could see taking advantage of it for that price.

SNA was pretty chill, but i flew SW to Vegas... hated the rush for seats.... haha.
I would try to book JetSuite X for sure over commercial if the flights work out...

I had a chance to book back SW and also go to the Centurion lounge, but discovered they were closed when i was there...

Finally my ebags stars have aligned. $10 free rewards cash and 20% back on ebates. I had the free cash about a month ago and didn't pull the trigger because I was waiting for a better portal offer. Then my $10 expired. They gave it to me again a few days ago. Now my dilemma is the Dakine backpack I wanted for DH is now less than $49 so will need to add something else for free shipping. Darn. :rotfl2: Though seriously can't figure out what to buy. Don't really "need" anything. DD did steal most of my packing cubes for her trip so maybe I should get more. But my $20 Target suitcase isn't going to last forever, maybe a new one. Decisions, decisions.
I had the $10 ebags Rewards plus the 20% ebates. I also have 10% off with PayPal from Discover. I’m hoping they all stack. I ordered a TravelPro rollaboard for $75 with tax. Already got the email from ebates for $14. If I get the Discover cashback, it would bring the total to about $53 for a TravelPro!

Last edited:
From the "How Terrible are some of the Idiots on r/churning" department...

Somebody literally decided to make fun of people who are changing travel plans on Max8 aircraft. I can't even begin to figure out what would possess somebody to think that it was ok to make fun of somebody in that situation. It's one thing to not agree with or understand the position... He didn't just do it once, he did it twice today and then continued to verbally assault people after being warned by the mods.

That place at times is just an abyss of sad single millennial boys who get their jollies off putting others down.

EDIT: fortunately I’m a millennial boy but I’m not sad and single and I don’t get jollies in that way either LOL!

Last edited:
Between BART, Muni and Cal Train combined with uber you can get pretty much anywhere in the bay area between SF and San Jose over through Hayward/Fremont and Dublin/Pleasanton/Concord. There's not much reason to have a car as a tourist and the traffic etc will just drive you nuts anyway.

Depending on the time of day I totally wouldn't use the app because of this. I feel like it's not common to find station agents around.

You will need a hyatt account but not the hyatt card. Though having the card gets you discoverist status which may get an upgrade, gets you bottled water daily and maybe other stuff I can't remember. We got a welcome bottle of wine in Paris that we left cause no room/don't drink wine. Didn't realize when we were there about the water cause signage was confusing and I was bad and didn't read what I got before we left. I did before SF so I totally took advantage of the water. Also double check with the stadium cause you can probably take bottled water in but under a certain size, helps with the cost.

Thanks a bunch! Great tips. Saving this.

Mom's dog Buddy is back from his day at the vet. He ended up getting 2 lipoma's removed when we expected just one. Once they shaved him down there they found the other. Had them removed because if they kept growing they could impede going potty. Also got his teeth cleaned and he has an extra tooth! Wish he could give it to Dude since he's got half :) Also had his leg xray'd to confirm it's arthritis. He's about 10 and a small dog. It's his first time being under and isn't a fun loopy dog like Dude, doesn't seem to want to sleep just lay there and probably needs to potty but won't. Thankfully Dude's being good though he was so happy Buddy was home.

Sorry about Buddy,though sounds like he should recover well. I had never heard of lipomas until last month. I stayed with my mom several days after she had surgery to help her out. We watched a lot of TLC. I think I saw about 5 episodes of Dr Pimple Popper. Tons of lipoma removals. . But it was fascinating and I kept watching. Like a train wreck, watching someone squeeze the white junk out of things (zits, boils, lipomas) , I just can’t look away.

I would do this to make sure the road gets plowed. There are so many spots with ice and snow because someone parked there and the plow couldn’t get there. You know smart cities do a “snow emergency” where people can’t park on the street for so long. Our city isn’t smart...
Chicago doesn’t allow overnight parking on major streets from December 1-April 1. Side streets are a different matter. Out in the burbs, most people have driveways or garages (or big lots for apartments) so overnight parking is almost always banned year round. There’s always the idiots who park their cars on the street first thing in the morning and leave it there until 10 pm, thus not allowing the snowplows to do a good job.

Sorry about Buddy,though sounds like he should recover well. I had never heard of lipomas until last month. I stayed with my mom several days after she had surgery to help her out. We watched a lot of TLC. I think I saw about 5 episodes of Dr Pimple Popper. Tons of lipoma removals. . But it was fascinating and I kept watching. Like a train wreck, watching someone squeeze the white junk out of things (zits, boils, lipomas) , I just can’t look away.

Love Dr Pimple Popper! These two were nicely round, we only saw pics. Why vets call them fatty tumors and make them sound worse I don't know cause when you say lipoma they just agree.

Buddy's issue seems to be the band aids, yes real actual band aids, they put on. Neither are sticking on all 4 sides and are big. They said to let them fall off and considering how he reacted when I tried to take them off just now we're going to have to. I think he'll be better tomorrow but his nickname is princess so who knows. Hates stuff on his feet and I think he'd be princess and the pea :rotfl2:princess::dog:

My two best friends LOVE that show. I was watching Hoarders the other night and a new show called The Toe Bro came on right afterwards. I told one of my friends about it because she works on a clinical trial involving feet. She LOVED the show. I literally got nauseous just watching the 15 second preview for it.

Love Dr Pimple Popper! These two were nicely round, we only saw pics. Why vets call them fatty tumors and make them sound worse I don't know cause when you say lipoma they just agree.

Buddy's issue seems to be the band aids, yes real actual band aids, they put on. Neither are sticking on all 4 sides and are big. They said to let them fall off and considering how he reacted when I tried to take them off just now we're going to have to. I think he'll be better tomorrow but his nickname is princess so who knows. Hates stuff on his feet and I think he'd be princess and the pea :rotfl2:princess::dog:

Do I remember correctly that this is a dachshund? Or that you have dachshunds? I could be thinking of someone else here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter