I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, @amalone1013 everything is 25% off at eBags today. I went ahead and bought the Motherlode junior backpack through the United portal at 20% along with the 25% off at eBags (plus I had a handful of eBags rewards dollars). I do already have an Osprey backpack with a laptop/iPad sleeve, but the backpack is slightly too long for me and not that comfortable. I'm not quite 5'2", so I thought the junior version of the Motherlode might work better for me. DH can inherit the Osprey. It's in a manly red color, lol.
Ok, serious consideration now. I just looked and have $16 in points so total OOP is ~$75 plus portal points. How long with no activity before United points expire?

All aboard the graavy train. I got my card in 6 days. Time to get to work. Lol

Yay! I really need to think about these cards too. We tend to use the UR portal to book lots of random non-chain hotels. While using UR is cheaper due to the 1.5x, it looks as if the AA site has more options - at least as far as hotels go. It looks like they are using Bookings.com. Is Bookings simply better than Expedia? Or is it because UR is filtering out hotels that Expedia usually shows? Anyway, I need to think about AA next. I see they do car rentals too.

How long did it take for the raise referral bonus to show up. I referred DW and haven’t seen bonus or extra savings in her email nor mine.
I referred my dd and she had $5 immediately in her account. After she placed her order, I received $5 immediately. She also got an email to place another order and get a coupon for $10 of $100. I placed that order but we have not received that coupon and it's going on 48 hours, I think.

We had a FP+ for Nemo this morning and could not believe the standby line was at 55 minutes. It's a neat little ride but it's not worth that. By the time we left, even the FP+ ride was stretched way back. The Figment ride was over 30 minutes standby as well! Crazy stuff.

The weird thing is, WS doesn't feel that busy. It was definitely much busier during F&W last year, and I don't remember the standby lines being that long.

We're back at our resort, Boardwalk, resting for a bit. It's HOT. Definitely had worse, but 86° in February is a bit surprising!

This is our first DVC stay, and we LOVE Boardwalk. I've been really impressed. We head to Kidani Village tomorrow for the rest of the week. I am DEFINITELY NOT browsing small-point contract BWV/BCV listings right now...
omg NO. I cannot fathom paying the money to go to Disney World and then spending an hour and a half in line for Nemo and Figment when I could be drinking Margarita's and other wonderful concoctions in WC...

Yay! I really need to think about these cards too. We tend to use the UR portal to book lots of random non-chain hotels. While using UR is cheaper due to the 1.5x, it looks as if the AA site has more options - at least as far as hotels go. It looks like they are using Bookings.com. Is Bookings simply better than Expedia? Or is it because UR is filtering out hotels that Expedia usually shows? Anyway, I need to think about AA next. I see they do car rentals too.
I really still am so baffled by what is going on with UR's and the Expedia options. UR's is not just filtering out the Disney resort options but the Swolphin too. Yet, hotels in the Disney Springs area and the Bonnet Creek (onsite resorts) are on Expedia. And then all these VRBO types are on there but usually have no availability when I check. I feel like we have so few options now. It's mind-boggling. I am hoping using the AA points keeps working. So disappointed still to lose the 1.5x on UR but happy to have a way to book Disney with points!

Are there any other shopping portal deals for filing with Turbo Tax I should know about besides the 1000 points for filing online through Southwest?

Unfortunately, DH can't file online because the IRS has his birthday wrong and has to mail his taxes in every year :badpc: Want to make sure I'm getting the best deal for mine though.

It's probably a little bit of both. Booking .com is in the Priceline family so they do have different properties available, but probably still a lot of overlap since bigger properties list with multiple services. I'd bet though if you did a similar search in another browser directly on Expedia you'd get better options than the Chase portal anyway and might compare more closely with AA.

If Chase doesn't work out their online travel portal inadequacies I might have to unban Citi in the future.

My question is why would you get in line when you see it’s that long?
I think part of the theory is they inflate the wait time. If you've had theater downtime they're attempting to divert 75-90% of the capacity to FP+ to catchup. If even a few groups get in the standby line it could add 15 minutes to the wait time. Rather than manage it to the person, I think they just inflate it in hopes that nobody gets in line (but the people actually in line are probably pleasantly surprised by a wait of half of what they expected.

A little of topic, but savings and travel related.

Wanting to do a FL trip that's not just Disney. We've been wanting to go to St. Augustine, Space Center, Legoland, etc... but never can justify when we have APs to Disney. APs run up in May and want to do this trip while we don't have them.
Wanting to pay as little oop as possible, as we're buying into DVC now and still dealing with replacing 2 of our ac units for the house :crazy2:

- So I'll have (4) 35k Bonvoy Certs, (1) 25k (plus about 200k bonvoy points each)
- We have plenty of UR points as well.
- October trip most likely
- Driving from SC looking to visit: Savannah, GA or maybe Hilton Head - St. Augustine (historical area and beach day?) - Space Center - Legoland - Disney for MNSSHP. We would be doing 1 or 2 nights in each place.

Besides Hilton Head (and Disney lol), we've never been to any of these places. Any suggestions for hotels in the area(s)/that would be a good value on points. Even HH, we've only ever done a condo. Never a hotel.

Oh...you can't do a points upgrade with a free night cert, right? (For example...on the 25k night...book a 50k room and pay the difference in points or cash?).

Just starting to think all of this through, so open to any other suggestions for stops as well. Kids will be 11 & 7.
Not hotel related but we got Kennedy Space Center tickets via UR at 1.5x a couple years ago. Idk if they’re on the new portal.

I know a lot of us have twitter - let's start tweeting Chase and Disney and try to see if we can drum up some attention (this probably won't work at all..but why not try...)

I just tweeted the following (in 2 tweets)
@Chase @ChaseSupport @DisneyParks @WaltDisneyWorld @Expedia #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney Why no Disney resorts on your Chase Travel Portal? I thought these were "ULTIMATE" rewards... #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney 1 of 2​
To me Disney World is my Ultimate Travel goal - I wish I was told you were going to remove all 25 of the Walt Disney World resort hotels before I earned all of these points. #FreeDisneyResorts #ChaseHatesDisney #FixUltimateRewardsPlease I just want to take my girls to Disney!​
If you'd be so kind - let's re-tweet this, do your own new tweets, use some of the hashtags, create your own. Like I said it probably won't do anything, but let's at least make sure Chase and Disney know that something is missing here!

2tzzwr.jpg

Last edited:
Let's try to do something about this...

I know a lot of us have twitter - let's start tweeting Chase and Disney and try to see if we can drum up some attention (this probably won't work at all..but why not try...)

https://twitter.com/SouthFayetteFan/status/1097589793675010048

I just tweeted the following (in 2 tweets)
@Chase @ChaseSupport @DisneyParks @WaltDisneyWorld @Expedia #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney Why no Disney resorts on your Chase Travel Portal? I thought these were "ULTIMATE" rewards... #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney 1 of 2

To me Disney World is my Ultimate Travel goal - I wish I was told you were going to remove all 25 of the Walt Disney World resort hotels before I earned all of these points. #FreeDisneyResorts #ChaseHatesDisney #FixUltimateRewardsPlease I just want to take my girls to Disney!
If you'd be so kind - let's re-tweet this, do your own new tweets, use some of the hashtags, create your own. Like I said it probably won't do anything, but let's at least make sure Chase and Disney know that something is missing here!

2tzzwr.jpg
I also shared the in another Disney group I'm in, as well as on r/churning! I also tagged a few of the major Disney bloggers to see if they'd give us a retweet plus (EasyWDW, WDWNT, BlogMickey, DisneyTouristBlog)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter