I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so happy it is Columbus Day because there was no traffic this am! Then I realized I did not get my informed delivery email and remembered that there is actually no mail on Columbus Day. Now I am sad waiting for my JetBlue card 😞

Well, you solved my mystery of no informed delivery! I'd forgotten Columbus Day as daughter had to work, I was dropping car at the shop for oil change and it's 6 month physical (it's old and I believe in preventive care) and now I know why the yard waste is still sitting out at 11am.

GAH! Serve peeps......I just went to sign up for #2, but I did the blue Serve not the green. How can I cancel this one? Or switch it to the green one. I wasn't paying attention when I was filling out everything.
I actually did that exact same thing on accident. I just went into the account and closed it. Then applied for two green cards

Spotted from the gc thread- Amex offer 15% back at supermarkets up to $10.
I was fortunate in that my gold card received the 15% off at US Supermarkets. That will help me buy the $100 master card with $10 off at Safeway, plus an extra $5-$6 in groceries.
Nothing for me, unfortunately---going to check dh's now

I would love suggestions for must do things. @Lain gave me great info yesterday and I have a list going. We stayed at Camelot Inn last time, but have points for Fairfield Inn this time. The Best Western is the one right at the DLR entrance, right?

There are several Best Westerns near Disneyland, it's very confusing! The one that's right at the crosswalk is the BW Park Place Inn. The BW Anaheim Inn looks very close too, just a couple buildings away.

Feel free to list your faves!
that's the thing....they have old standbys like a monte cristo...but their offerings change all the time too! I follow the disney f00d bl*g on IG.... that feed has made me want to hop to Cali for a day just to buy certain items....(I'm looking at you Mary poppins treat with the little parrot spoon!)

Hello!

I have a somewhat silly question. I got the Citi AA Business card several months ago. I got my 40,000 bonus but I do believe that I was supposed to get some kind of a credit as well. I can't remember how much. $100 or $200 and I think my plan was to get a gift card with that. Well, I moved on and completely forgot about that.

My question is, how does that work? Do I just charge it to my card and then it automatically gets credited? Was there a time limit on that? I am now booking flights to Hawaii this Spring and trying to determine if I should do some upgrades to use that up but I don't even know how!

Thanks for any assistance!

Can't help you on giftcards or how long it's good for, but I think I had the same SUB, also several months ago. Definitely 40000 points and I can't remember if it was $200 or $250 AA credit. But I did have a legit AA flight and it credited almost immediately.

that's the thing....they have old standbys like a monte cristo...but their offerings change all the time too! I follow the disney f00d bl*g on IG.... that feed has made me want to hop to Cali for a day just to buy certain items....(I'm looking at you Mary poppins treat with the little parrot spoon!)
Ahhh Mary Poppins treat with parrot spoon?? I must google lol.

I was so happy it is Columbus Day because there was no traffic this am! Then I realized I did not get my informed delivery email and remembered that there is actually no mail on Columbus Day. Now I am sad waiting for my JetBlue card 😞
Well, you solved my mystery of no informed delivery! I'd forgotten Columbus Day as daughter had to work, I was dropping car at the shop for oil change and it's 6 month physical (it's old and I believe in preventive care) and now I know why the yard waste is still sitting out at 11am.

Ditto! Checked the app like two times this morning before I realized it was a holiday.

I did this promo x2 getting some early holiday gifts, "car prizes" (bribes to keep kids entertained/quiet on long car rides) and bday party presents. I also hit up the Target kids clothes promo.

Yesterday I triple dipped the ebates 12%, two different Amex $25 off $100 and the WFBM 30% off sale for some new work dresses. Also LLBean ebates 12%, $10 reward and 20% off sale for some soccer-mom gear!

Last week was some serious shopping, LOL

You’re speaking my language!

Ok fine Europe experts here....I have some questions.... (this isn't my trip)
So flying BA into London (fare was $1 with $289 fees :rotfl2:) and looking to save $$$ on the actual trip.
Fam of 5 (3 kids 11,7,4) starting to build UR stash, using plan popular over on the Reddit thread.....Trip length- 3 weeks,4 days. Trip date is July 2020.
Have no AF sapphire,plan to PC to CSR this month to double dip TC. Also as noted, currently building UR but not much else.
plan is to travel between cities using the rail system,etc.
Can air bnb gc be purchased to cut cost of housing while there?
Looking to rent that type of housing,probably 2-3 different city areas(London,Paris,etc)
If some hotel rooms are booked,and they're 5, are they 'normal sized' hotel rooms like most of America,with 2 double beds for the whole fam to fit in?
The plan is to see the sites and chill with the kids while soaking it all in,so the main cost concern at this point is hotels/homes.
What are any and all cc options to further cut some costs? what cc is best to have and use while in Europe?
2 player family- I think they're both at about 2/24,maybe one of them is at 3.(they need to cool it with chase for the next 3 months also) but they own a biz,and their expenses are an easy MSR... great credit scores etc of course. thanks for any insights! I've never done a Europe trip,so I'm learning for myself too! (gonna happen someday)

There are vacation rentals in the Chase portal. Then they would be getting the 1.5x redemption (though check that the price isn't must higher compared to booking elsewhere).

Vacation rentals are often listed on different platforms. Once I have it narrowed down, I check which platform has the best price with the best cancellation terms. I always look on Airbnb, but have never booked for this reason, usually end up with VRBO or booking.com.

London we went with a management company. Read complaints of last minute owner cancellations, it seems to be particularly an issue in London and Paris. So decided it was safer going through a company. If you see a review on Airbnb that says cancelled by owner, I would beware.

It’s supposed to open next summer so I think we will just miss it for our trip. Which is sad because my kids love Marvel. They’ll just have to make do with Disneyland Hotel. :charac2:
DD is a Marvel nut and this is a graduation trip (two months early) so I may splurge. Although I was only planning three days in Paris. Oh well, she can go back when she's older:)

And on another topic, asinine is my word of the day at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter