I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone, I'm confused again. Amex charged a $3.90 membership fee in late Aug on my BCP. That must have been a partial month fee because I was then charged the full $95 annual fee on 9/11. I pc'd to BCE on 10/11 expecting to get the $95 back, but the adjustment is showing as -$87.21 (posted on 10/11). What did I do wrong?

I am thinking of getting this golf cub set for DS since I still have my 30% Newegg off to use. Any thoughts? He is currently 62 in tall. (I know it’s a women’s set but I thought the men’s may be too long for now.)

https://www.newegg.com/p/01P-000X-00010
Honestly, I’d just get the men’s set. He’s going to be growing and getting stronger over the next few years. The ladies clubs will be a little shorter and lighter with more flex. Nice deal at 30% off.

Ok everyone, I'm confused again. Amex charged a $3.90 membership fee in late Aug on my BCP. That must have been a partial month fee because I was then charged the full $95 annual fee on 9/11. I pc'd to BCE on 10/11 expecting to get the $95 back, but the adjustment is showing as -$87.21 (posted on 10/11). What did I do wrong?
PCing gets prorated refunds. Only cancelling within 30 days will get a full refund.

As for essential oils, I don't think I'd ever use them in the house because of our cats but I could see using them in my office. I have a few scented candles I use and I do think they have a mild mood-altering effect. (But I would never think they could cure an earache--I've had one earache as an adult and it made me understand why kids with earaches bang their heads into things. I was very happy to get steroids and antibiotics.)

I have cats and use oils. When our 19yo cat was dying and having trouble breathing his last few nights, we had him sleep w/ my DD and had our diffuser on to help him.

Just FYI, EO's that help w/ infections and ****, most often help from ingesting or putting on topical not from diffusing. And oregano is one of those that attack cold germs. I have a roller we put on our feet when cold/flu starts around school. We jokingly call it "pizza feet" as the oregano is overpowering. You have to watch the quality of the ones you ingest. The rules for listing stuff as "100% pure" are interesting.

It's funny as my DD was just talking to her friends about how she's never had a flu shot because her mom is the crazy oil lady instead, LOL. The girl HATES shots, so she should appreciate my effforts, LOL.

The view from our Island Gardens view room:
B6OzvTx.jpg
Hawaii for the weekend?????that's the life! I wish it was that close for us!!!!

GAH! Serve peeps......I just went to sign up for #2, but I did the blue Serve not the green. How can I cancel this one? Or switch it to the green one. I wasn't paying attention when I was filling out everything.

Two quick notes - (1) Chase offers frequently have AirBnB discounts, so that's another possibility. Also, one can split AirBnB payments into two parts, and take advantage of two different Chase offers on different cards if they are hitting the $-off cap on each offer.

(2) It can be very difficult to find a hotel in the UK and France that will allow 5 people in a room. They are much stricter over there with capacity limits.
thanks- the hotel room thing was something I had a feeling about.... so how do air bnb purchases code on a CSR? any insights into paying to max the savings

I can’t answer all of your questions but I’m flying back from London/Paris/Dublin after 2 weeks and here are some thoughts:

1) air bnbs or small hotels with “family rooms” will be more accommodating than hotels. Any number other than 2 is hard to find for hotels, although some American brands like Marriott might have some larger rooms.
Our room at the Hilton Paris Opera was very small and a tight fit for 2 , so air bnbs will likely be best.

2) UR earning cards will likely be their best bets so CSR/CIPs with their generous interpretation of travel, no foreign transaction fees, and 3x food as well as travel on the CSR.

3) I have a no fee Barclay arrival just for chip and PIN which was very helpful at the underground station and all the McDonald’s I patronized. A chip and PIN isn’t necessary but if they can get one, it just saves a bit of time/confusion in a couple of specific places.

The three cards I travelled with this trip were -CSR (hotels), Amex (rose) gold (dining) and Barclay (for chip and PIN places as above).

HTH!
thanks- this does help!

Ok fine Europe experts here....I have some questions.... (this isn't my trip)
So flying BA into London (fare was $1 with $289 fees :rotfl2:) and looking to save $$$ on the actual trip.
Fam of 5 (3 kids 11,7,4) starting to build UR stash, using plan popular over on the Reddit thread.....Trip length- 3 weeks,4 days. Trip date is July 2020.
Have no AF sapphire,plan to PC to CSR this month to double dip TC. Also as noted, currently building UR but not much else.
plan is to travel between cities using the rail system,etc.
Can air bnb gc be purchased to cut cost of housing while there?
Looking to rent that type of housing,probably 2-3 different city areas(London,Paris,etc)
If some hotel rooms are booked,and they're 5, are they 'normal sized' hotel rooms like most of America,with 2 double beds for the whole fam to fit in?
The plan is to see the sites and chill with the kids while soaking it all in,so the main cost concern at this point is hotels/homes.
What are any and all cc options to further cut some costs? what cc is best to have and use while in Europe?
2 player family- I think they're both at about 2/24,maybe one of them is at 3.(they need to cool it with chase for the next 3 months also) but they own a biz,and their expenses are an easy MSR... great credit scores etc of course. thanks for any insights! I've never done a Europe trip,so I'm learning for myself too! (gonna happen someday)

Air Bnb gift cards will only be able to be applied when you first make the reservation. So discounted gift cards could be used to make the initial payment. Second and last payment is due closer to trip time (I forget exactly when but I’m thinking 4-6 weeks out maybe?) Both Capital 1 Venture and the Arrival+ will “erase” air Bnb charges. If they come out with a new version of the Arrival+ it might be worth looking into that for the final payment on the Air Bnb(s). Otherwise, Venture would be good for that.

We’re doing a combination of Air Bnb and 2 hotel rooms for our trip next May/June for our family of 4, but my kids are older (will be 17 and 19 on the trip). With younger kids, I’d probably want to stick with Air Bnb. One good thing about this is getting a place with laundry appliances can help with packing light!

Air Bnb gift cards will only be able to be applied when you first make the reservation. So discounted gift cards could be used to make the initial payment. Second and last payment is due closer to trip time (I forget exactly when but I’m thinking 4-6 weeks out maybe?) Both Capital 1 Venture and the Arrival+ will “erase” air Bnb charges. If they come out with a new version of the Arrival+ it might be worth looking into that for the final payment on the Air Bnb(s). Otherwise, Venture would be good for that.

We’re doing a combination of Air Bnb and 2 hotel rooms for our trip next May/June for our family of 4, but my kids are older (will be 17 and 19 on the trip). With younger kids, I’d probably want to stick with Air Bnb. One good thing about this is getting a place with laundry appliances can help with packing light!
thanks.... I was thinking about this.... would a good plan be to buy airbnb gc using a cic at office supply? or what type of gc discount can they be found for? the down payment part is good to know.
also cc- would it be smart for each player to app for cap1 venture, and then possibly arrival+ (if available?) this would help erase some charges,if I'm understanding correctly? if trip is next summer, and payment would need to be made by about May or so, what would be good timing to get these cards? (2 player mode)

We are back from our trip to CROWDED Disneyland! It's good to be home.

While I personally know of 3 more times I'll be going before next summer (we often do just a day since we are so close), we are doing a "whole family" trip in June! Maybe we will see @CyndiLouWho and @Ngwira while we are there! Since we need two rooms (no way am I sharing one bathroom with my husband and 3 teenage boys), we are doing it relatively inexpensively at the Best Western Anaheim Inn. They have my favorite breakfast area of all the hotels along Harbor- it's upstairs and part of it is overlooking Harbor Blvd. It's nice to watch the world go by, as it were.
I would love suggestions for must do things. @Lain gave me great info yesterday and I have a list going. We stayed at Camelot Inn last time, but have points for Fairfield Inn this time. The Best Western is the one right at the DLR entrance, right?
Going through my sock drawer this morning... is there any good reason for me to keep closed cards? Like, I don't need to hold onto closed Aviator Biz and Citi AA Biz cards, right?
No reason, but I keep mine, literally in my sock drawer, with a giant rubber band around the stack.
I'm late to the topic, but IMHO Disneyland has the BEST snacks and food options...way better than Florida (which is still fun tho) I mean .... DL just gets the BEST stuff all the time!
Feel free to list your faves!
Well on my way Christmas shopping for DS. Just ordered him a golf set and Fanatics GCs for his MBappe jerseys using the AmEx offer for 30% off.

Oh, if anyone is looking for Fanatics GCs, Newegg has the $50 for $40.
DS is a big Premier League soccer fan and one club offered free international shipping this weekend, so I ordered a bunch of stuff for Christmas. Unfortunately no cc discounts except to make sure to use a card with no foreign transaction fees. Lol.

thanks.... I was thinking about this.... would a good plan be to buy airbnb gc using a cic at office supply? or what type of gc discount can they be found for? the down payment part is good to know.
also cc- would it be smart for each player to app for cap1 venture, and then possibly arrival+ (if available?) this would help erase some charges,if I'm understanding correctly? if trip is next summer, and payment would need to be made by about May or so, what would be good timing to get these cards? (2 player mode)

I have gotten my gc’s at Kroger during fuel points promotions and also at Staples when I have a Chase offer for a%back. If your friends don’t have any Amex cards for current offers, then grocery store and Chase offers would give the most % back, but CIC at office supply stores would be decent since they’ll probably use URs for other parts of the trip maybe.

I’d like to use URs or MRs for train fare while we are there but haven’t been able to figure that out yet. Maybe somebody else has experience on that?

ETA also if they get an Air Bnb offer on their new CSR that would be better than CIC I think because you’d get the 5% back plus the 3x URs on the actual charge. Does that sound right? Hopefully I’m not mangling the numbers since I’m thinking “on the fly”.

Not sure what others do but I shred mine
I feel like I hoard some of mine 🤣 I have my old Disney Visa before I switched back to Premeir and switched that design to Toy Story because it was shiny and I liked it. I also just found my old Sapphire that had fradulaent acritivty on it when I was cleaning this weekend. It was stuffed in the Chase return envelope :rotfl:

Hello!

I have a somewhat silly question. I got the Citi AA Business card several months ago. I got my 40,000 bonus but I do believe that I was supposed to get some kind of a credit as well. I can't remember how much. $100 or $200 and I think my plan was to get a gift card with that. Well, I moved on and completely forgot about that.

My question is, how does that work? Do I just charge it to my card and then it automatically gets credited? Was there a time limit on that? I am now booking flights to Hawaii this Spring and trying to determine if I should do some upgrades to use that up but I don't even know how!

Thanks for any assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!