I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote from @Lain that I saved:
I’ve been thinking about what to do with my Chase Bonvoy Boundless (converted from Marriott Premier Plus).

My anniversary is on 8/8, the $95 AF posted 9/1. I’ll pay the $95 to keep the card sockdrawered another year, then I’m thinking of PCing it to a Ritz-Carlton on or around 8/2/20, which should entitle me to a 50k FN certificate on 8/8/20 and again in 2021, and a double dip of the $300 airline credit on one $450 AF (?).

The point of upgrading to the Ritz-Carlton is to get another 50k FN to pair with the one from the Amex Brilliant and maybe make a weekend of it.

I've been giving this some thought and I'm stuck on the airline credit as I only fly in emergencies. Is it possible to turn this credit into a gift card(s) that could then be sold? My anniversary is not until December and my annual fee came in June.

quote from @Lain that I saved:
I’ve been thinking about what to do with my Chase Bonvoy Boundless (converted from Marriott Premier Plus).

My anniversary is on 8/8, the $95 AF posted 9/1. I’ll pay the $95 to keep the card sockdrawered another year, then I’m thinking of PCing it to a Ritz-Carlton on or around 8/2/20, which should entitle me to a 50k FN certificate on 8/8/20 and again in 2021, and a double dip of the $300 airline credit on one $450 AF (?).

The point of upgrading to the Ritz-Carlton is to get another 50k FN to pair with the one from the Amex Brilliant and maybe make a weekend of it.

I've been giving this some thought and I'm stuck on the airline credit as I only fly in emergencies. Is it possible to turn this credit into a gift card(s) that could then be sold? My anniversary is not until December and my annual fee came in June.
No :(

Well, my next idea is to see if DD (older one) can use a second Ritz credit. She's going to Germany end of the month, Oregon very soon for a wedding-I've lost that date, and is going to another wedding in Cambodia next year. I know she's got a lot of it done with miles - she's pretty good at that. Her Dad will be on the last two trips and he's not into this hobby - maybe I can help him out. I've got time to work on it.

It's early and I can't remember who was looking at DLP for next year but I don't think it was within the dates of the below offer. I get emails from the US site and this was new today. Also means there should be another deal after this that includes summer.Screenshot_2019-09-06-06-02-55.png

I had to cancel the hotel night I had reserved with my Bonvoy 35k certificate and now I'm trying to rebook for another night. How long does it usually take to show up in my account again, or will I have to call? I canceled it on Wednesday night.

I had to cancel the hotel night I had reserved with my Bonvoy 35k certificate and now I'm trying to rebook for another night. How long does it usually take to show up in my account again, or will I have to call? I canceled it on Wednesday night.

I canceled mine over the phone and they were able to rebook another night with the cert immediately. You might try calling and maybe they'll be able to see it.

So, DH is still waiting on CIP approval. He called and they need to verify his address.

So, last night DH proudly showed me his proof of address for his CIP app - docs with his business name. I SHOWED him the instructions to apply under his own name (it's a sole proprietorship). Sigh. He said that's what he did for his last 2 business applications. The Amex one was instant but we had this verification wait with his last Chase too. 🙄

Next question is for @SouthFayetteFan although I know he's probably still snoozing. Did you stay at the Marriott Suites in Bethany this year? If so any chance of a review? I just went to the hotel reviews thread and didn't find it.
Also, did you stay Marriott in Philly?

Reason for asking is I'm doing nights at the shore in late September, and so far have 4 nights at reasonable cash rates all with Amex offers to offset. I may just do another night and was wondering if this hotel lives up to the hype?

I'd call, I am not having luck with mine showing back up when I cancel. I have either had to call or tweet (takes around a day, so you could go this route if you have time/don't want to call)

Next question is for @SouthFayetteFan although I know he's probably still snoozing. Did you stay at the Marriott Suites in Bethany this year? If so any chance of a review? I just went to the hotel reviews thread and didn't find it.
Also, did you stay Marriott in Philly?

Reason for asking is I'm doing nights at the shore in late September, and so far have 4 nights at reasonable cash rates all with Amex offers to offset. I may just do another night and was wondering if this hotel lives up to the hype?
I checked and all he posted was he had a nice time in Bethany Beach :)

@vanjust and @wendow try this link for Delta card in docs post

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...es-200-statement-credit-no-lifetime-language/
The offer keeps popping up for me in the Delta site (I did it for DH). I’m spending way too much time on there!!! Clearly!!!View attachment 433113
I appreciate you trying to help me with this!!! I just don't think either of us are targeted. I've already had the card but was hoping to get it for my dh. I refuse to apply for a measly 30k though so I'll hold out until he is targeted :D

Yes, same! Thanks for the help. Seems I'm not targeted and I agree with @wendow that I will hold out until I am targeted!

I've been debating whether it is worth it to do a mattress run or two to get to platinum status for next year, or if I should just see if I get a "soft landing" from titanium to platinum if I don't hit 50 marriott nights this year. I just looked at the cost of breakfast at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna (where we are staying for 5 nights) - they have a fancy breakfast buffet for 38 euros per person, and it is what is offered as the breakfast for plat member. So that alone is worth almost $500. Yeah, I think I'm going to make sure I get status for next year.

(never mind that I'd be just as happy with a cup of good coffee and maybe a pastry. DH likes to start his day with protein, and the kids will like a fancy breakfast.)

Well I called and it was quick and painless and the cert is back in my account, but I still got bonvoyed. Now there are no hotels available to book with points for that night! Last night there were 4 options!
Same exact thing happened to me. Cancelled a cert reservation and waited for the cert to show up. After a few days and still no cert, I called and the rep said it got "stuck" and fixed it for me. However, I went to book the new room/date I wanted and they were no longer accepting points bookings, ugh.

Last edited:
Per DoC restaurant added to PP at SeaTac. I don't understand it though, it's in the north satellite which is where the 2nd PP lounge there is. They need something on the other end of the airport in C/D or the south satellite since AS kicked them out of their lounges there.
I logged into the app to check it out and it didn't show :confused3 Had both "The Club" options and no listing for North Satellite at all. So I logged out, searched, saw it, had momentary panic they did something to the Chase PP, logged back in and now it showed up. Takeaway - app is glitchy, I guess double check there really is no lounge options available.

Fingers crossed this one makes it two weeks so I can get dinner before our red-eye home!

My FN cert for my Marriott Personal whatever the heck they call it now is here! I expect the AF to post next March so I'll probably keep the card until then and then depending on what I've been able to do with all my FN certs reevaluate.

Now I have:
35k certs expiring 11/19, 1/20, 1/20, 6/20, and 9/20
50k certs expiring 9/20, 11/20 (assumption)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter