I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to effectively compare this, it seems you want to ignore the tickets for a moment and just list the cost of the Flight (which has to land in MCO) + Room (which has to be 2 nights, correct?) so others can see if they can beat it. That's the rules of the game right?

I found:
  • 10/22 - 1024; ATL=>MCO; All-Star; $433
  • 11/5 - 11/7; ATL=>MCO; All-Star; $397
Can anybody find anything cheaper than that?

Perhaps none of this matters if you can just cancel immediately though...waiting for more reports on that.
Is that per person or total?

Is that per person or total?
I believe you're booking it for 1 adult - then you're adding 4 tickets that you want later in the process (and since that cost can vary I'm isolating the variable we all can compare). I'm honestly just trying to figure out what's going on here for the benefit of others, lol. I only have 5k Delta miles and I'm not really planning on transferring my MRs over to buy park tickets (but I guess if it worked really well I could be persuaded, haha).

@haleyr- is that you at the end of today’s Tim tracker video? Did I miss it somewhere today on here? (I apologize if it’s not and you don’t think it looks like you/ my 2 and 4 year old didn’t let me pay close enough attention)

ETA. I went back a bit and saw it was! That is so cool!
Haha yep that was us!

So to effectively compare this, it seems you want to ignore the tickets for a moment and just list the cost of the Flight (which has to land in MCO) + Room (which has to be 2 nights, correct?) so others can see if they can beat it. That's the rules of the game right?

I found:
  • 10/22 - 1024; ATL=>MCO; All-Star; $433
  • 11/5 - 11/7; ATL=>MCO; All-Star; $397
Can anybody find anything cheaper than that?

Perhaps none of this matters if you can just cancel immediately though...waiting for more reports on that.
Yes. I saw some Nov prices but I wanted to book within 60 days to ensure I get the tickets quickly. I wasn’t expecting them in less than 24 hours. Since I paid the insurance I think I’ll eat that but I am going to call and find out. But yes, if you can secure the tickets and cancel in 24 hours it doesn’t really matter. Except maybe not wanting to put up as many miles if it means transferring them out etc

An update on my co-worker that asked for help. She called Barclay and they said that she had made an error in entering her SSN, so they didn't even run a credit inquiry. Honest mistake and nothing like was suggested that she was lying to me. She declined to have Barclay's process the app again, so that she is just at 1/24. So I can definitely still help her pursue a good Chase strategy. She also called Chase and had them remove her husband as an AU on the Marriott card, so they can definitely do 2 player mode to really maximize things.

If you had the choice, would you eat at let Cellier, coral reef, akershus, or garden grill for dinner?

I’m thinking no to le Cellier but we’ve never been there. We’ve been to the other two restaurants on the gc deal.

We didn't love Le Cellier, but DH doesn't eat beef (Hindu). We really enjoyed Coral Reef as we are both big seafood fans. So really, it depends what you like.

If you had the choice, would you eat at let Cellier, coral reef, akershus, or garden grill for dinner?

I’m thinking no to le Cellier but we’ve never been there. We’ve been to the other two restaurants on the gc deal.
Garden Grill is fantastic IMO. It’s near the top of our list on favorite Disney meals.

@wendow looks like no additional charge on Delta for Disney rooms for extra peeps. What are your dates? What resorts? Depending on price dictates the cancelation fee charge - For a $4000 package is was $232 for a $1600 package is was $93

Some peope have chimed in but yes you get the voucher for the package amount. So you pay getting the double miles redemption and then end up with a voucher. Seems like you can apply the voucher to any vacation package, and the hotel/car package for Disney doesn't require a car at all. So book a package for the amount you know you want to use in the future. Not sure about ticket upgrades. Delta seems to use a hotels.com interface so I'm thinking its the same type of vendor. If those are upgrad

I'm so behind even in skimming, but don't want to miss out on this as we need WDW tickets for next summer and I have MRs. So am I getting this correct - I book a throwaway flight/hotel package (add the tickets). Say the flight/hotel portion comes out to $700 and tickets come out to $1800, I pay 125k MRs (transferred to Delta). After I receive the tickets, I can cancel the flight/hotel package and get a travel voucher for $700 plus my WDW tickets for 125k. Where do you see the trip cancellation insurance? Is it an add-on to the package? Thanks so much for this info!

I'm so behind even in skimming, but don't want to miss out on this as we need WDW tickets for next summer and I have MRs. So am I getting this correct - I book a throwaway flight/hotel package (add the tickets). Say the flight/hotel portion comes out to $700 and tickets come out to $1800, I pay 125k MRs (transferred to Delta). After I receive the tickets, I can cancel the flight/hotel package and get a travel voucher for $700 plus my WDW tickets for 125k. Where do you see the trip cancellation insurance? Is it an add-on to the package? Thanks so much for this info!
@kidsfirsttrip - it might make sense to lay this out in clear bullet points to help others. Screenshots would also probably help as well. I found the booking process clunky so since it didn’t benefit me I’ve sort of moved on from figuring it out. (I was going to try to post a mini-guide of sorts).

I never did figure out how to add 4 tickets without having to hit the back button numerous times and add them 1 at a time. That’s when I threw in the towel lol.

Shoot, sorry that I missed he was 5/24. I guess you can apply for either one of you in December, both if you can spend $10,000. You can cancel his or downgrade to a Ink Cash (CIC) or Ink Unlimited (CIU). I would wait until December for Chase. If you need something in meantime, an Amex biz or citi AA biz maybe?

I think we'll both apply for a CIP2 in December. We do the app the exact same way as the first one? We can't refer each other can we, for CIP2? He already referred me for CIP1. We can put 10k on them with holiday shopping, plus our property taxes alone for the quarter are $4300.

In prep I am going to lower our credit limits on other cards, plus PC his CIP to a CIC.

Thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter