I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shopping portal works super easy, do you shop at Target? I did an online order with store pickup for $3 and it extended the miles.
Thanks. I am not opposed to using shopping portal. Just wondering what else I could do instead. Will do this if other options don't work out.

My Amex BGR is coming up on a year, I don't want to pay the fee, what other MR card should I get to keep my MRs? I've had the Gold.
I got the BBP to hold my MRs in case I ever decide to go fee free. It is a credit and not charge card so it does use one of the 5 credit card slots you are limited to with AmEx. But since it is a Biz card, it does not add to the Chase 5/24 rule.
The BBP is a no AF biz card that is an excellent card to open so your MRs have a place to park. It earns 2x MRs on every purchase, up to 50k a year. And mine gets some of the better Amex offers as well

Since self-referral is no longer kosher, check to see if you're targeted for the 20k MR/$3k MSR BBP offer.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...s-20000-point-offer-with-3000-spend-requirem/
I don't believe the public offer on the BBP has any SUB. If you have a P2 with an Amex (not co-branded) credit or charge card, he could refer you to the BBP for a 10k MR SUB and P2 would get whatever support bonus the referring card earns.

Let me know if you have any questions before applying.

Since self-referral is no longer kosher, check to see if you're targeted for the 20k MR/$3k MSR BBP offer.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...s-20000-point-offer-with-3000-spend-requirem/
I don't believe the public offer on the BBP has any SUB. If you have a P2 with an Amex (not co-branded) credit or charge card, he could refer you to the BBP for a 10k MR SUB and P2 would get whatever support bonus the referring card earns.

Let me know if you have any questions before applying.
Thanks! DH doesn't have an Amex card, he only has co-branded cards :( But maybe I'll refer him to the BGR and then have him refer me to the BBP... would that work?

Got an email from Chase just now telling DH is approved for a CIP and the card is on it's way. Yeah, MSR already met, and points pending last week LOL.

Ah Target, I have loved Target my entire life LOL. It's a mile from my house (in my last house I could see it from my bed) and my dd works there. It is where I shop for pretty much everything, including groceries. But yes they do make me very mad, often! The dairy dept on Sunday mornings is a joke. One morning they had no half gallons of milk (we don't drink enough for a gallon). I had to wait 10 minutes for someone who could actually go find some, and then wait for it to actually get put out. This week it was cottage cheese and sour cream, empty. Yogurt is often empty too. Drives me nuts!! I really wish they did all overnight stock like the old days, it's just frustrating.
We also got the full remodel this year, the roundabouts in the main aisle bug me, I just want to walk from front to back, not having to slow down and take a turn around whatever the display is at the time. That said, I still love Target and will never give it up. Walmart makes me feel like I need a shower after, and their checkout lines are always insane.

I was not a Target lover until son got a job there and on occasion I got up to 35% off Disney gift cards, with him using his discount, plus his red card and other coupons that actually stacked as well. Then I got really interested, until he moved on to a better job and the Disney option sort of dwindled to 5%. Now, I buy the 10% off up to $300 each year and use it for pet food as they consistently have what I need that my dog wants to eat.

Thanks! DH doesn't have an Amex card, he only has co-branded cards :( But maybe I'll refer him to the BGR and then have him refer me to the BBP... would that work?

Yes it would!

(Barring any bonus denial pop ups. 🤞)

A referral from your BGR will earn you 20k MR (assuming you haven't already hit the 55k MR cap for the year). The referral offer on the Biz Gold will earn DH 50k MR after a $5k/3 months MSR. (The public offer on the Biz Gold is only 35k MR for the same $5k/3 months MSR.)

Note that the BGR no longer exists; Amex refreshed the product as the Biz Gold last fall, and the $295 AF is not waived in the first year. Also, the new Biz Gold is automatically enrolled in Pay Over Time, so if you ever want DH to get targeted for the 10k MR offers to sign up for Pay Over Time, you can chat with Amex to unenroll the card from it and therefore make you eligible for the targeted offers in the future.

DH can then use his new Biz Gold to refer you to the BBP for a 20k MR support bonus to him, and a 10k MR SUB to you after a $3k/3 months MSR on the BBP.

One more thing, Amex started reporting referral bonuses and issuing 1099-MISC forms if you've earned $600 or more worth of referrals across cards in a year. Amex values MR at 1 cpp. So those referral bonuses could potentially affect your taxes.

...The only bad thing about moving the AK day was not great availability for Yak and Yeti for dinner for ADRs. But I've read multiple posts that say to buy the Landry's card and that will get you in faster anyways. Anyone have experience doing that for a party larger than 4?
The seating benefit applies for parties of 6 or less. No experience with Y&Y AK. I’ve used it at Rainforest AK (pretty sure it made no difference, everyone was waiting like 15 mins for lunch). It made a huge difference at Bubba Gump’s Anaheim. Would have been a 2 hour wait for our party of 5 but we were seated instantly, that restaurant keeps a few tables at the front available at all times I think for club members.

The seating benefit applies for parties of 6 or less. No experience with Y&Y AK. I’ve used it at Rainforest AK (pretty sure it made no difference, everyone was waiting like 15 mins for lunch). It made a huge difference at Bubba Gump’s Anaheim. Would have been a 2 hour wait for our party of 5 but we were seated instantly, that restaurant keeps a few tables at the front available at all times I think for club members.
Been thinking about buying one for our Aug trip cause there are no good ADR's for TRex or Y&Y. Do you just buy the card online or do I need to go by a Landry's beforehand or buy when we get there...?

Hyatt is once again offering a 40% bonus when you buy at least 5,000 points (up to a max of 55,000 points) in one transaction at Points .com, through August 27, 2019.
https://onemileatatime.com/buy-hyatt-points/
I know the idea of buying points is not for everyone, but sales like this could be an economical way to spend some money to save some money towards a big redemption if you're short World of Hyatt or Ultimate Rewards points.

As Lucky at OMAAT writes, maximizing this deal at 55k Hyatt points will net you 77k Hyatt points for a cost of $1,320, at a rate of 1.71 cpp. While this is a pricey outlay, there are many potential redemptions that will get you greater value. See:
https://travelisfree.com/most-valuable-hyatt-hotel-redemptions/You need to do the math for your own situation.

Hyatt and Points .com last ran a 40% bonus promotion that expired June 11, 2019. These run a few times a year, and 40% seems to be as high as the bonus goes.

P.S. There is one recent DP that says Points .com no longer earns 3x on the CIP.

Forgot my earbuds :guilty: Now that I finally got directv set up on my phone I should carry some in my purse just in case anyway.

In more fun news I leave 2 weeks from tonight! It'll be my first trip without lounge access but considering all I've ever gotten was water, apple juice and some not great snacks I'm ok with it. Red eyes are a bummer. Though the club lounge in the sout satellite I like better than the one in the main terminal. If only alaska would have still let pp in at seatac I might have kept the csr.

Been thinking about buying one for our Aug trip cause there are no good ADR's for TRex or Y&Y. Do you just buy the card online or do I need to go by a Landry's beforehand or buy when we get there...?
Online is fine. Buy it well before your trip so you have time for the physical card to arrive. Idk if you need the physical card to use the seating benefit but better safe than sorry!

Wow, they let you bring phones in?!

I've been to jury selection three times now (we can get called every three years) and I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to bring both my phone and my laptop. There was a ton of just waiting around to even get called for a case, then waiting around to see who was going to get picked. I actually am torn about whether I want to get picked or not -- it would be interesting but I don't know how I would handle a really long or traumatizing case. But I've never been picked -- I must not fit the demographic of either a good defense or prosecution juror.

I've been to jury selection three times now (we can get called every three years) and I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to bring both my phone and my laptop. There was a ton of just waiting around to even get called for a case, then waiting around to see who was going to get picked. I actually am torn about whether I want to get picked or not -- it would be interesting but I don't know how I would handle a really long or traumatizing case. But I've never been picked -- I must not fit the demographic of either a good defense or prosecution juror.
Mine was seriously so uninteresting it was unreal. Civil case about an auto accident. Had to listen to several "expert" witnesses. Snore city. And I felt terribly for the defendant.

Taking a page out of @wendow 's book and booked a triple split stay for October! I never thought I"d like all the moving but moving twice recently wasn't too bad. Hoping 3 times won't be too much but Copper Creek studio just opened up for a night during my week so I grabbed it! Staying 5 nights AKV Jambo Savanna View, 1 night Copper Creek , and 2 nights Saratoga Springs standard. Now to try and snag a Storybook dining ressie for that night!

This weekend I'll be at Universal compliments of AA miles. Staying at Portofino 1 night club level, and Sapphire Falls 1 night. Flying out ( SW with CP of course) Friday morning at 5:30 AM, and returning Midnight on Sunday. Using APs that expire in August. DD3 is not coming with so DH and I will be riding everything we can, lol. Planning dinner one night at one of our faves, Bubba Gump with the discounted Landry's GC I purchased a while back.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. I know we weren’t allowed to have them for federal jury duty.
We're just in the jury room. We've only been here 45 min since 8. They just finished with the two videos they show amd haven't called anyone yet. We have to turn them off in the courtroom.

We don't allow cell phones in the building at all. Smart watches are also not allowed. No food or water either. We provide all snacks and drinks for jurors, and we'll also provide a phone if you need to let somebody know that you'll be late.

The worst is when we have to pick alternates... if a case is set for longer than one day, we seat more than 12 jurors, usually 13 or 14, in case one person has an emergency or gets sick. They have to be there everyday and listen to the case and don't know they're alternates. At the conclusion of evidence and argument, we draw names from a hat and the 13th and 14th people are told they are excused and cannot deliberate. I always feel awful for those people, especially on a long case. They usually take it well though.

Mine was seriously so uninteresting it was unreal. Civil case about an auto accident. Had to listen to several "expert" witnesses. Snore city. And I felt terribly for the defendant.

I think it would be interesting to see how a real trial compares to the TV shows -- but I might not need a whole trial to do that! The last time I got called (but not picked) it was a criminal case and the defendant was serving as his own lawyer, which did not seem to be going well even in jury selection, so that was a bit interesting. I have thought that someday I want to just go watch some of a trial but traffic + parking is a deterrent.

That's how it is here too. They've called about 75 total so far. A fill in for one that started filling yesterday and then a new one but all those people are still here waiting. They said there's 5 that need to be seated but it all depends on if they get going or not.

They let us bring in food and there's snack machines and a coffe cart downstairs but if you want real food for lunch you'd have to bring it or leave. We get 1.5 hours for lunch. I'd go home but they are doing road work today on the street I'd use to get most of the way home so it's not worth the hassle.

Personal injury juries are the worst. The only interesting civil jury case I've ever seen was a slander case:stir:

That would be good but I doubt they get many of those in county court. Both my law classses had interesting case studies but it was hospitality law so all travel related and then public relations which tends toward the slander and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter