I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of Disney discussion on r/churning today:

Can I take a moment to say that I love this group and I love you all? Whether you’re churning credit cards or maximizing gift card deals, or both, saving for Disney has taken a lot of hits over the years but you all keep rolling with it and finding new ways to save and make the magic possible for yourselves, your kids, and your families. Some of you, we’ve been in this game together for years; and others who happened to stumble upon this thread or the Disney Gift Card Deals thread more recently — we all know Disney keeps raising its prices on everything, but that doesn’t mean we have to pay full price for a magical vacation, and there are so many ways to get better value out of your points and miles.

I want so much to reach out and help this person see the light, but we all have to find our own ways here.

Last edited:
Bummer - thanks. What card is everyone using now for seller fees?

I’m not aware of any card that earns more than its base earn rate for eBay seller fees, so I switch it every month to whatever card I happen to be working on MSR or an Amex card that needs to see some spend.

What category room do you get at the Radisson Blu? There are 4 of us. DH and I, DS will be 19, and DD turning 17. All the rooms say king bed but not much else. Is it one sofa bed in addition in the suites? My kids wouldn’t share a bed. But I’m hoping one of the suites will work for us and we don’t have to get two rooms.

Sorry it took so long to reply. When my family has stayed at the Radisson Blu, we have booked the Family room, which has 4 large twin beds. Only one bathroom, but it still works okay since everyone has his/her own bed. I've booked that for 2 nights this trip, since DH and DS are joining DD and me a day after DD and I arrive (mandatory band camp for DS, and DD didn't want to be flying on her birthday since she spent all of her 16th birthday in various airports due to travel snafus). DD and I will be in a standard room the first night because it was a lot cheaper and I also had points I could use for that night.

I think @gottalovepluto bought $200 and $100 eVGCs (plus fees) and threw in another third-party GC to maximize the Amex Offer ($333.34 for 30% back capped at $100), then used the eVGCs to buy DGCs at Sam’s.
I did. I only bought the $100 and a $10 third party gift card. I’m waiting for the assurance of seeing my Amex credit post before jumping on the rest. Unless I get impatient. I did get the email immediately after my purchase from Amex congratulating me on using my offer.

It took a few hours for my e-gift Visa to come through but I was able to immediately use it on sam’s online.

ETA: thanks for the tag @Lain with the discount release my hands are full trying to snag deals for my fam’s fall trip. GRRRRHHH!! I just had to let that out. Stupid system.

I'm so bored being over 5/24!
I have SW CP until the end of this year, and planned on having DH get CP for 2020/2021. I really want to get the new SW biz card, but I can't. Would I jeopardize DH's chances at CP if I got him the new biz card now, and then a personal and biz card Nov /Dec? He's 3/24. I was going to have him go for CIP#3 now but I also want more SW points. I need flights for Oct. The CIP points I'd like to get for possibly cashing out for a Disney cruise April 2020. I'd need approx 260,000 URs, and once I cash out for my DDP for my OCT trip, I'll have 153,000 URs. I also wont need the CP until April 2020. CIP#2 was May. Now that I type it out that seems like way too many cards to have all points in place before April, and I would think booking the Disney cruise sooner rather than later would be better cost wise. SO maybe CIP 3 is better and just pay cash for October flights:scared1:. I'd need two tickets, have CP for the other. Thoughts anyone?? lol

Sorry for the rambling, trying to think this all through while I type!

@speedyfishy even knowing the fastest way to do it I only got 1/3 giftcards I wanted today :( I even saw it turn to active and hit add to cart INSTANTLY and it immediatly said sold out. I did get the Panera one!

haha, i ironically missed the panera one because i took an 1 hour nap in between panera and JCP(i think). woke up, was too sleepy to realize it went on sale.
i have so far grabbed iTunes, Petco, American Eagle, Lane Bryant, Boscovs, Red Robin, Gap, Catherines, JCP and Carters.
missed Fandango and Panera so far. other brands, i dont care about.

Applied for P2's CIP #2 yesterday - stuck at 30 day message. Not used to having to wait - the automated line is getting lots of my attention today. This one we actually need - he's starting his new consulting practice and we really do need to segregate the expenses from our other businesses (small rental real estate/side hustle type businesses). So I'm anxious for it to come through so I can ask for it to be expedited.

We are not entirely without an MSR - still have a ways to go on the IHG card (met the 3 month spend, but there is a kicker of 40k points or something if we meet another level within 5 months), but I don't have a specific plan for the IHG points anymore, so I'm more interested in the CIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter