I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get the SW Chase Business Premier card then Business Performance card later on in year to have companion pass for most of 2020 and all of 2021. In the meantime, looking to gather some "bonus" dollars, miles, or hotel points. I do not care which one just looking for the current "best bonus" recommendations.
You don't want the points for either card to post until 2020. Are you looking for a card before that?

What's your ?/24 and are you looking at biz or personal?
I am also planning a new CP for 2020-2021 since one of ours is up at the end of 2019.

P2 received the Personal Premier bonus on 2/8/18 and the Personal Plus bonus on 2/27/18. If I apply for the 2 business cards do I even have to worry about these dates anymore?

Last edited:
I am also planning a new CP for 2020-2021 since one of ours is up at the end of 2019.

P2 received the Personal Premier bonus on 2/8/18 and the Personal Plus bonus on 2/27/18. If I apply for the 2 business cards do I even have to worry about these dates anymore?
No you don’t have to worry about those if your applying for the 2 business cards...just remember to put at least 31 days between them

I always figured their clothing would be junk, but I've gotten a few things that are actually nice and I love for under $30. Don't do it too often though. The best part is just being able to order it all and send it back...
Agreed. I was hesitant, but ordered some tank tops to circut some vinyl on for a softball tournament. I actually like the quality of them and fit is great. I placed my order while sitting at a tournament the week before. I didn't have time to shop local stores, though I did run in to Old Navy (waste of time, the straps were falling off, the material thin and it was tight around the middle). They arrived in 2 days, I put my vinyl on and away we went.

Amazon has just made life easier. I won't buy anything that doesn't have free returns and now I can just drop those at Kohls right up the street, even easier. I just got home from trying on dresses at Macys. I can order them online, but returning them is not nearly as easy.

If someone could just wave a magic wand and find me the right (not overpriced) Mother of the Bride dress I'd be really happy right now. Ugh. I'm running out of time.

Oh, and what I actually came to say was I bought a $100 visa e-gift card and a $10 3rd party e-gift card from Newegg a couple hours and got the congrats on using my offer email from Amex. Haven't gotten one for Best Buy yet. (I was gonna wait to post after trying the Visa on Sam's but it hasn't come through yet, it's supposed to come in 1 hour but in certain circumstances it can apparently take 2 days.)
We bought a disney gc from staples and instantly got the $10 on dh’s amex.

Agreed. I was hesitant, but ordered some tank tops to circut some vinyl on for a softball tournament. I actually like the quality of them and fit is great. I placed my order while sitting at a tournament the week before. I didn't have time to shop local stores, though I did run in to Old Navy (waste of time, the straps were falling off, the material thin and it was tight around the middle). They arrived in 2 days, I put my vinyl on and away we went.

Amazon has just made life easier. I won't buy anything that doesn't have free returns and now I can just drop those at Kohls right up the street, even easier. I just got home from trying on dresses at Macys. I can order them online, but returning them is not nearly as easy.

If someone could just wave a magic wand and find me the right (not overpriced) Mother of the Bride dress I'd be really happy right now. Ugh. I'm running out of time.

Have you tried dress barn? My mom got a nice dress there a few years ago. I was surprised because it doesn't seem like they'd have timely stufd whenever I walk by.

Or have you looked at the rent the runway site? Old coworkers did that for our company xmas party.

Have you tried dress barn? My mom got a nice dress there a few years ago. I was surprised because it doesn't seem like they'd have timely stufd whenever I walk by.

Or have you looked at the rent the runway site? Old coworkers did that for our company xmas party.
I keep thinking I should try Dress Barn, aren't they closing? I swear I read that somewhere. The problem is wedding is "casual" and outside in the heat of August in Texas. I want something not too dressy, not too casual, but still cool enough that I'm not going to melt. It appears I'll pretty much be running the show, at the very least the last minute set up falls on me, so something I can move around in easily is important. I've got 2 dresses coming from Amazon and I'm about to order the 2 from Macy's that I found tonight. I'm exhausted and I still have a ton of decor stuff to do for the wedding, before we leave for Hawaii because there won't be time after.

BTW, anyone want to plan my one day in San Francisco/Oakland? We have a car and will be staying near OAK since we fly out early the next day. I'm falling behind there. Priorities so far are Golden Gate and the painted ladies. I was thinking Alcatraz would be cool, but wedding is zapping my budget.

BTW, anyone want to plan my one day in San Francisco/Oakland? We have a car and will be staying near OAK since we fly out early the next day. I'm falling behind there. Priorities so far are Golden Gate and the painted ladies. I was thinking Alcatraz would be cool, but wedding is zapping my budget.

I’ll circle back to this. When are you visiting?

We’ve never had a problem getting ours filled using Southern States, but actually getting them to show up to service the generator was a nightmare. Her generator quit working right before a hurricane and I had to listen to her whine for three days about not having power, even though we have multiple other smaller generators to run the fridge and a couple lights/phone chargers. I love my mother, but I was like holy cow get a grip and learn to live like the rest of us who just have to sit in the dark and be bored lol
All that work I did last year to prepare for no power with Irma and we didn't lose power. We were just extremely lucky as all the subdivisions around us did. I have no clue how we got so incredibly lucky. One of my friends was without for 8 days, most were at least 5 days. Those who didn't leave before the storm were leaving after 3 days without power. Grocery stores were completely without food though as the trucks couldn't get to the stores due to the storm moving north. That was weird -- walking into Publix and seeing the dairy, meat, bread, produce and water shelves empty.

We had a curfew for a few days after the storm as most neighborhoods had no power -- the intersection by Home Depot, which is 24 lanes (6 lanes each of 4 ways -- 3 straight through, 2 left turn lanes and 1 right turn lane) had no power for 3 days. It was a bit surreal driving through that intersection.

I wouldn't count on not losing power again though as it was just a stoke of luck that we had power -- even during the worst of Irma we were watching CNN in my den. We knew people who had generators who had people sleeping on their floors (mostly people who had elderly relatives who picked them up before the storm to be safe). It was crazy, but sort of fun (in a strange way) because all of the neighbors who stayed (dd and me stayed) were aware of who was where and what supplies we had amongst us, should the worst come to fruition.

Our damage was likely done by a small twister hitting our house during the storm and the 2 beside us (that's what the contractor thinks). Our neighbor beside us had some of the the siding torn off her roof and the one beside her had damage as well (inside and outside).

I'd probably stay again, but it would depend on the severity of the storm. Our house was built by a home builder (for himself and his family) and it's hurricane-proof (the damage we had was due to the twister that likely hit us).

I keep thinking I should try Dress Barn, aren't they closing? I swear I read that somewhere. The problem is wedding is "casual" and outside in the heat of August in Texas. I want something not too dressy, not too casual, but still cool enough that I'm not going to melt. It appears I'll pretty much be running the show, at the very least the last minute set up falls on me, so something I can move around in easily is important. I've got 2 dresses coming from Amazon and I'm about to order the 2 from Macy's that I found tonight. I'm exhausted and I still have a ton of decor stuff to do for the wedding, before we leave for Hawaii because there won't be time after.

Haven't heard about them closing but I don't go to the mall they are in often. I think they have a variety of stuff from casual on up.

If you want to do alcatraz you need to buy tix now if they aren't already gone. I wouldn't drive in the city unless you are used to hills and sharing the road with cable cars and street cars.

I’ll circle back to this. When are you visiting?
Our full day will be 8/17. We arrive SJC on the 16th, leave early on the 18th. The 17th will be an In-n-Out visit, I think Walt Disney Family Museum and then DH found a bar or something he wants to visit, supposed to be kid friendly. Something about a pool turned into a tiki bar. I didn't write it down yet.

ETA: There are 6 of us, kids are 13-23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter