I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I saw was the big cash price but I'll look again.

I don't know. I only look at 4 nights in Sept for the hilton tokyo bay, I suppose it's possible but the first list I got only showed the starting from cash price for all the properties. Hyatt is so much easier.

I'd give it a try again. I went to a new browser I've never signed into Hilton before, did the following search, and pulled up 8 hotels with all the points options. Hilton Tokyo Bay showed 80k for a standard room redemption that night.
Screenshot (1080).png

When you get to the list on the next page there should be a button at the top right to toggle "Show price per night in" between JPY and Points. Hope it works for you this time :)

My SW gift card that I bought 3 days too early to use my CSR credit is still sitting out there as pending. Here's hoping it stays pending until tomorrow (would be amazing luck if it does).

Guest recovery on my travel issues on our CA trip was pretty good - the Marriott we stayed at gave us 30% off our room rate (cash refund) because of some extended issues with housekeeping, and SW is giving us $150 travel credit each for our delay/crazy reroute. And we seem to have gotten our rental car for free because they never actually recorded the rental - charges still haven't shown up. I generally don't complain about stuff, but these were legit issues, so I'm glad that SW and Marriott stepped up (and we did follow up with National about the rental - they seem to just be letting it go, though).

Hmm, so tempting for the URs, but I don't have any offers and I really need to work on my Amex MSR. Must resist...

What the heck did I do wrong since the Uber charged to my Platinum instead of using the monthly credit?

I think you have to choose Uber Cash as the payment method, rather than your card. You can change it when you request the ride. Its a big pain - I had loaded some uber gift cards and it charged my card instead. You should be able to contact customer service and have them change the payment method (I don't think they can change the payment method for tips, but they usually can for the ride).

Oh man, way to wait until the last minute Staples. :rolleyes:

Now I wonder if I can split that transaction 3 ways? I've done 2 before with no problem. In an ideal world I'd do $100 on my ED for my $25 AO, $70 on my CFU for the Chase offer, and then put the rest on the BBP for the 10% AO. All of them are linked on Dosh so I'd cobble together the $5 max for the day (Dosh isn't a single transaction right?) That's not terribly greedy is it? :p

I think you have to choose Uber Cash as the payment method, rather than your card. You can change it when you request the ride. Its a big pain - I had loaded some uber gift cards and it charged my card instead. You should be able to contact customer service and have them change the payment method (I don't think they can change the payment method for tips, but they usually can for the ride).
Ugh! I thought it would automatically credit like the Shake Shack. So stupid!

My teen is at USO this week on a choir trip. I've been stalking her using Find My Friends on my phone to see what she is up to. I believe they had the option to do early entry to Harry Potter (not sure which park) this morning, if they got up early, but it looks like her group slept in - they are still at the resort! The planner in me says "nooooooooooooooooo", but I suppose its different when its a bunch of teenagers who probably stayed up all night talking... I've gotten very little info on the trip - short, cheerful replies texts generally mean she is having too much fun to talk to her mom.

Ugh! I thought it would automatically credit like the Shake Shack. So stupid!

Not stupid at all. It would make more sense for the app to automatically apply any credits first....... my DW is definitely struggling with the need to select Uber Cash as the payment method. Easy to forget at the time.

My teen is at USO this week on a choir trip. I've been stalking her using Find My Friends on my phone to see what she is up to. I believe they had the option to do early entry to Harry Potter (not sure which park) this morning, if they got up early, but it looks like her group slept in - they are still at the resort! The planner in me says "nooooooooooooooooo", but I suppose its different when its a bunch of teenagers who probably stayed up all night talking... I've gotten very little info on the trip - short, cheerful replies texts generally mean she is having too much fun to talk to her mom.
Is she staying onsite? If so, there’s early entry every morning. We skipped early entry also since we were at the parks until 10 pm last night. It’s for USO and Diagon Alley. Maybe tomorrow or Sat we’ll make it. If they have EP, it’s not a bad wait for the rides since with the exception of Hagrid’s the rides have an EP line.

My SW gift card that I bought 3 days too early to use my CSR credit is still sitting out there as pending. Here's hoping it stays pending until tomorrow (would be amazing luck if it does).

Guest recovery on my travel issues on our CA trip was pretty good - the Marriott we stayed at gave us 30% off our room rate (cash refund) because of some extended issues with housekeeping, and SW is giving us $150 travel credit each for our delay/crazy reroute. And we seem to have gotten our rental car for free because they never actually recorded the rental - charges still haven't shown up. I generally don't complain about stuff, but these were legit issues, so I'm glad that SW and Marriott stepped up (and we did follow up with National about the rental - they seem to just be letting it go, though).

Hmm, so tempting for the URs, but I don't have any offers and I really need to work on my Amex MSR. Must resist...

DH was just recently charged for 2 different rental cars. He didn't even notice until he got an email saying he got a "ticket" from going through a toll booth. He knew he had not gone through any tolls so when he looked into it realized he was charged for 2 different cars during the same time period. I wonder if the other people also got their car for free from that.

I'd give it a try again. I went to a new browser I've never signed into Hilton before, did the following search, and pulled up 8 hotels with all the points options. Hilton Tokyo Bay showed 80k for a standard room redemption that night.
View attachment 412178

When you get to the list on the next page there should be a button at the top right to toggle "Show price per night in" between JPY and Points. Hope it works for you this time :)

I got it to work. I was missing that you had to do more than just click use points when searchinh which is silly. But I was able to get the range of points and was happy to see that there was still a lot available this year so I can concentrate on MR and DL first. MR because I know I'm going to have to do that to get enough for everything since I'm only 1.

Not stupid at all. It would make more sense for the app to automatically apply any credits first....... my DW is definitely struggling with the need to select Uber Cash as the payment method. Easy to forget at the time.
Pretty sure that @Alexle2007 thinks Uber is the stupid one... and I agree :laughing:

Is she staying onsite? If so, there’s early entry every morning. We skipped early entry also since we were at the parks until 10 pm last night. It’s for USO and Diagon Alley. Maybe tomorrow or Sat we’ll make it. If they have EP, it’s not a bad wait for the rides since with the exception of Hagrid’s the rides have an EP line.

Ha- this is a choir trip - they are at Cabana Bay, so no EP for them. They were getting super early entry just for their tour group (and maybe other tour groups?) as part of their tour package, so it would have actually meant a fairly empty HP area (guessing it would have been Hogsmeade if Diagon Alley is the regular early entry one today). She seems to still be at the resort, so her group may be chilling at the pool until later in the day (they are broken in to groups by chaperone, and the group has some flexibility to choose what they want to do). She has the lowest tolerance for theme parks in our family, so its probably a good thing if she has the option to take it easy. I'm an early riser by nature, and really don't like crowds, so the early part of the day at a theme park is my favorite. So its nice she gets to do a trip on a teen schedule instead of a mom schedule for a change (even if I'm looking at my phone saying "you're missing the best part of the day!!!!!!)

I got it to work. I was missing that you had to do more than just click use points when searchinh which is silly. But I was able to get the range of points and was happy to see that there was still a lot available this year so I can concentrate on MR and DL first. MR because I know I'm going to have to do that to get enough for everything since I'm only 1.
Fair warning, Hilton points can and do change frequently for no reason. They could possibly be considerably higher the next time you look.

Fair warning, Hilton points can and do change frequently for no reason. They could possibly be considerably higher the next time you look.

I know, that's why I have a range of high to low of what I need and why I checked the equivalent dates in Sept. Worst case we do cash and points.

Pretty sure that @Alexle2007 thinks Uber is the stupid one... and I agree :laughing:
You are correct! Where is the consistency? Sure, I had to go in and select to activate my Saks credit, choose my airline but then I am done. I already linked my Plat to Uber so why not just credit my account after my ride. Oh well, I’ll try to remember when I use again in 10 months :) It was totally unplanned Uber so I am going to blame it on the FL heat and humidity since it was 101 that day.

Hi from Germany! 🇩🇪🥨🍻
Today is our last full day on the Danube ABD River Cruise. It's been good, although the heat is so very tiring. I think I prefer to travel in Central/Southern Europe in the winter and more northern Europe in the summer from here on out. The ABD guides were good, we enjoyed our prenights in Budapest and tomorrow we'll fly to Prague. I do think this is a great trip for multi-generational travel and we've met some really nice people (including a fellow churner so whoo hoo).

Next week I'll be flying United from MUC to IAH so I'll be able to compare the big 3 US carriers in biz TATL-I'm always excited to see how they stack up.

When I get home my Amex Delta Reserve Biz should be waiting for me to pay tuition and earn 86,000 skypesos. Tschuss!

When it works right that's all you need to do is select that "Use Points" option when you search. But it can sometimes be wonky. And I know the game is to not pay cash for anything, but if you don't end up with enough points you can do a cash+points for any room that has a points option. Hilton Toyko Bay is showing 392 JPY for every 1000 points I subtract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter