I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks so far I've signed up for paperless billing on 6 things! Now all I gotta do is not forget to pay any of them and screw everything up!

I am keeping my mortgage paperwork though. I bought the house in 2013, refinanced in 2016, and since then I've had to send to 3 different addresses since it keeps getting sold. I feel like I need a paper trail.

On another note- I have some accounts through American Funds that are still being "managed" by a "financial planner" (those are in quotes for a reason). Has anyone had experience moving those to an exclusively online account management process? I don't hate her but she is super old school (will only communicate by phone... which really doesn't work for me) and I'd rather just be able to do everything online, but I am not sure where to start.
I have moved funds between brokerage companies to take advantage of bonus offers, but my accounts were not managed. It was easy, just a matter of filling out some forms. My only issue was with Merrill because they did not offer two of my funds.

There's a digital coupon for Kroger - 4x fuel points with certain giftcards:

Participating brands include Disney Gift, Southwest, Delta, Carnival, Uber, Airbnb, Hyatt, Hotels.com plus Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Attractions and Automotive Specialty Shops. Fuel Gift Cards not included. Selling or purchasing fuel points is prohibited.

I have moved funds between brokerage companies to take advantage of bonus offers, but my accounts were not managed. It was easy, just a matter of filling out some forms. My only issue was with Merrill because they did not offer two of my funds.

We previously had Roth IRAs through American Funds (think that was the name) that were managed by the financial advisor at our credit union. We decided to move them to Vanguard and manage on our own so that we could do the backdoor Roth IRA more easily. I believe my husband just transferred the money to the new Vanguard accounts we opened and then closed out the other accounts. We didn’t run into any issues.

I

I'll try again tomorrow then. I checked the box that I wanted to use points and it only gave me cash prices. Even found my old honors acct that never had points and I've no idea why I have it unless the sorority conference I went to in SLC was at one and they made us sign up to get free wifi.

Is it a large area with a lot of Hiltons, or only a small area? It's possible there are no rooms on points for that time?

Whaaaat? Walking videos??? Do you pull them up on your phone??? Must. Research. This. We have a treadmill at work that I can use (But never do) but if I had something nice to watch....
Yes! it's a thing! just go to you tube and search..... def. makes indoor exercise more fun! I pull it up on the tv or computer screen

Yes! it's a thing! just go to you tube and search..... def. makes indoor exercise more fun! I pull it up on the tv or computer screen
Oh, goodness. This would bore me to tears!

I have a stairmaster (have had since 1998) that I spend 90 minutes a day on. I exercise while watching tv (either news or something I've recorded from the previous night) plus I have my laptop on the reading rack (generally doing swagbucks). I'm never bored:)

I'm cursed! Checking my emails today I had one that said my discover account was overdrawn. I'm like ***? I logged in to find that someone had stolen $5k. Good thing I didn't have my $30k balance in there! I'm SICK of getting hacked! My hilton account twice, my IHG card, my Aspire card and now my discover savings. ***! So PSA of the day, check EVERYTHING! Now onto changing ALL of my account info and logins!

Not sure if you already do this, but I would suggest a password manager like 1Password... That way you can use strong like 30+ character passwords that are different for each site and only have to remember one strong password for the manager. Also enable two factor authentication where available and grab the Google Authenticator app to manage all your tokens. Its VERY important to have two factor on things like your primary email, since once they have access to that they can start resetting your passwords on accounts that use that address as a verification point.

Anyone know if you can buy Disney GCs with a Safeway GC? I did it last summer in Portland, but wondering if it is still valid. We are headed out in a few weeks.

Amazon has their 20% off when you pay with MRs again and I qualified. Here is the link from FM to see if you qualify: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_...28fe604cb47dcb889011dae404c545&language=en_US
can you please explain to me how this is supposed to work? I tried the link DoC for $30 off $60 using MR,it said I got it, but at checkout,no. Are amazon gc ineligible?

:offtopic: I have been watching the DVC availability change all morning...funny to watch but also stressful if you need to make a change as one second it is available, next its gone. Able to snag AKL for marathon week and drop the reservation at SSR. My wife and kids will be happy. SSR not our...favorite with the multiple bus stops and small QS location. Booked a 1-BR for the day before and after her race so she can have the soaking tub.

No you can see them - make sure you are logged in to your HHonors account. Then when you search a location, say Orlando, all the hotels will come up. One little radio button says cash and the one next to it says points. It's on the right side of the screen.

All I saw was the big cash price but I'll look again.
Is it a large area with a lot of Hiltons, or only a small area? It's possible there are no rooms on points for that time?

I don't know. I only look at 4 nights in Sept for the hilton tokyo bay, I suppose it's possible but the first list I got only showed the starting from cash price for all the properties. Hyatt is so much easier.

I'm hopelessly behind after our 2 week WDW trip, but I just wanted to pop in to say this... Hilton is notorious for a low cpp value, but man are they good for earning if you ever do paid stays! Our ten nights at the DS Doubletree cost us about $1800 (minus $500 credit for our two Aspires), but we earned around 100k points! Isn't that crazy??

My dh also had a one night stay at some HH hotel for work in May that cost $120 and he earned around 10k points somehow. Most of these points are coming from the bonuses on our HH accounts, like for WDW we had base points, 3x points on next stay, Diamond 100% bonus and Diamond myway bonus. The other approx. 24k were from the credit cards.

Other churning highlights of our trip--
Free flights from a combination of RR points and SW gc bought with 2x Aspire $250 credit
$300 CSR travel credit towards 4 nights at POR (LOVED it!!)
Tickets to Kennedy Space Center free with UR points

If Chase hadn't taken the WDW hotels off the portal, our hotels would have been free.:sad2: But, it was an awesome trip!!
how did you like the doubletree?

Chiming in on the diet workout conversation LOL. I am in a very frustrating time with my progress (or lack of since maintaining is not working anymore), but we have an elliptical. It does bore me to tears, I can only do it while watching really good tv series, that I will only allow myself to watch while working out. Work is getting insane again, so I fear time for this is going away again for a few weeks. We also bought a used commercial grade weight stack unit. I am trying to build more muscle, not sure if that's working at all or not. We had a treadmill years ago, and that worked well, but it got to the point where it hurt my knees and ankles too much.

On a fun Disney related note, my DD went to Pride last weekend and signed up at the MN Orchestra booth to win tickets to their live performance, to the film, of Coco, and she won!! She was sooooooooo excited, she loves that movie and music. So guess who gets to go with her?? LOL!

I have a stairmaster (have had since 1998) that I spend 90 minutes a day on. I exercise while watching tv (either news or something I've recorded from the previous night) plus I have my laptop on the reading rack (generally doing swagbucks). I'm never bored:)
no it's like a little trip to visit wherever I 'walk'! :rotfl2: When I found the beach path near our Maui resort I almost died from happiness..... I loved walking it IRL,and I love pretending I'm there again! oF course I love to walk anyway

OMG, how do you have 90 min? We have a treadmill in our bedroom and it sits there collecting dust since there is not enough time in the day.

Does Hilton only let you look at points bookings when you have points? I'm trying to figure out how many we'll need so I can figure out my plan.
No but sometimes I get on a page that won't do it. It's random and I'm not sure how I did it to avoid it. Tried all my usual routes to seeing points and didn't work. Broke down and signed in to view it that time, haven't had it happen since. I'd try again and usually getting to the room selection page where you can select multiple rate options for a hotel will show the points if it's being goofy elsewhere.

Informed delivery shows P2’s HHBiz card is coming today. I might be able to get out another Plastiq payment! Also finally got info in the mail yesterday about our propane prebuy program which is what we do for winter heating. By buying in advance we get the lowest rates per gallon. But the cheapest prices are only guaranteed until June 30. Not much notice!

Also, I saw on DoC that the Staples no fee visa/mc gift card deal is back starting Sunday. Wish I had the new offer on one of my chase cards! I keep checking though.

Yes, I just did this tonight. I activated the promo, used one MR and paid $199.99 for $250 in Safeway GCs. Then I printed out the GC and used it to buy $250 Disney GCs. I’ve never had any trouble doing this at my Safeway here in NorCal, but I think it’s YMMV. I always print out out the Safeway GC because they’re not always able to scan it off my phone. Good luck, such a great deal!
I'm thinking of trying this, but I'm not even sure my local Safeway has disney GC. Last time I did a GC deal at Safeway, I had to drive to a different store since my store had nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter