I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Haley R No need to get an international driving permit - your US license is just fine.

Just to note: most rental cars in UK/Europe will be manual/stick shift. If you are comfortable with that you will get a better price on the rental as the cars with the auto boxes tend to be priced quite a bit higher.

I think it depends on the country, it's recommended at some. I got my international driver's permit from AAA . I rented a car and drove all over the south of France last summer to see the little villages and lavender fields. Luckily, they drive on the same side of the road, so it wasn't too difficult. All the roundabouts threw me off sometimes though. I rented an automatic car from https://www.sixt.com/ It was pretty affordable.

Thank you for this, as I am hoping to go to Hawaii for 2021 and never fly anything but southwest. I could do BOS to HNL, but I was thinking I might be better off flying into CA (not sure where exactly) then going to HNL. I def want to do first or business. I'll also have a 6 year old with me so I'm nervous about all the hours on a plane coming from the east coast.
Go around mid May...we can have a DIS party!

GE only helps going through US customs, so the nexus on arrival in Vancouver was correct. A lot of Canadian airports have you go through US customs before you leave instead of at your destination. I think part of that allows them to fly to smaller airports that don't have customs. You shouldn't need your GE card though, as a PP said. It could be you got a bad agent or for some odd reason they do it differently there.
Probably just a crabby agent. Although the next one was nice. Midway they the very long line an agent was stopping people to direct them. DS started chatting with her and asking her questions (he could talk to a wall, lol). He points at a shorter line and asks me why we can’t go there. The agent says “You want the shorter line? Ok go ahead” so we got a bit of a short cut anyway. (The GE line of course was even shorter and we had to empty our electronics and liquids, etc. but it was nice)

Last edited:

Sorry about Cap1, they're unpredictable. You can open a BoA checking account with a $100 bonus per DoC. I did it, and DD'd from my Serve account (before I got shutdown on it lol [but hey, I got my new Bluebird in the mail a couple days ago!]) and got the bonus upon statement closing date. There's supposedly a $300 targeted bonus, but neither DH nor I have ever gotten it and we've had BoA cards for 2+ years. Some people say you're more likely to get approved by BoA if you have an existing relationship with them.
I have the $300 offer sitting and waiting for me. I did read that Serve would work and glad to have another data point. I may jump on it. I do have 529's and IRAs with Merrill plus the Cash Rewards CC and heard that those balances also help with the approval of CCs with BoA in regards to having the assets they like to see.

The only place I’ve seen Universal GCs in my area are at Kroger. I bought some at 4x fuel points and you could combine with CF this quarter. You could always get a discounted VGC or MCGC and go that route to purchase them at Kroger too.
They have them at Giant Eagle. If I buy this quarter with my CF, it would be 5x UR points + fuel perks. I haven't looked if my Lowes or Staples have them. If they did, I would use my AMEX offer for 10% off.
go figure my grocery stores don't have them. I haven't seen them at staples, lowes, or best buy. now if only staples would do another no fee on mc gc. I could use it for plastiq to meet my spend

Hopefully this is a fun one for the churners.

What’s your record for credit card applications in a single month (you can use calendar month or 30 days, doesn’t matter)?

How many players (P1, P2, etc)?

How many were you approved for?

I am a pretty boring slow churner. lol I was going to say 1, but then remembered I did the Double dip. So I got 2 in one day! That is as exciting as I get.

Hmmmm no Lowe's offers for me, so a "moo" or "mute" point I suppose.

Do the business cards also have "offers" or just the personal ones?
Just personal cards.

Just bad luck I guess. Because it was at the Vancouver airport (which BTW has some horrific customs lines) DH asked which line we could use with Precheck or GE and the guy waved us to the long line since we couldn’t produce our cards. This was on the way home YVR to ORD. On the way there, GE also useless as we were told only Nexus was accepted and we were made to wait in the hour plus line (not sure if that was correct or not)
Yeah guess so. The literature says nothing about needing to show it at the airport, you're just supposed to get into the GE line. Good to know. Last time I did Canada was well before GE and all I remember was you did US customs before getting on the plane so I just assumed it worked the same as arriving - get in the GE line. Who knew there'd be line guards.

Yeah guess so. The literature says nothing about needing to show it at the airport, you're just supposed to get into the GE line. Good to know. Last time I did Canada was well before GE and all I remember was you did US customs before getting on the plane so I just assumed it worked the same as arriving - get in the GE line. Who knew there'd be line guards.

One thing I just thought of. If the agents at the airport rotate through there and also work the border crossings with WA it's probably that. I've mostly had nice one's but they can be annoying/rude. The Canadian agents are almost always WAY nicer. I got hassled the last time I came back and that was with a nexus card and my passport so clearly I've been vetted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter