I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. So has hitting the "cancel" button on her flight, but AA said I would get in trouble for that LOL.
The tweet got me nowhere, 2nd response, after I told them I've been waiting two weeks, "give them time". Ugh.

That makes no sense to me. If she’s not getting in trouble for stealing your miles to book a flight, why should you get in trouble for canceling it?! Cancel it and let her deal with customer service. How would she even complain? “Uhhh...the points I stole were stolen from me”?!? Ha.

Anyway, I hate that you’re dealing with this. I hope it gets resolved for you. 95k pts is a lot!

Well, she has the same name as me, so it's not really for sure that she did it intentionally. But she must have wondered why she had so many miles in her name. Still not sure how she got the same AA account number as I did. That, I think, must actually be on AA, somehow she booked in her name, and somehow they linked it to my account? My birthdate is still in the account, I highly doubt we have the same birthdate. Her address and phone number are now in the account though.
ooohhhh, I thought your account was hacked or something. geez. Still annoying, but hopefully unintentional.

@disneymagicgirl found this helpful
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/man...-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-2018-a.html

I’ve had success - Santander - mobile and atm, TD - mobile and atm, citizens - atm only, Schwab - mobile only (no atm near me), Cap One - atm only. DPs say avoid Chase so I do
Thanks! I have a Suntrust checking from a bonus I was about ready to close but maybe will keep open then. I just closed our long time account at Wells Fargo today (was Wachovia before the buy out). Feels good to ditch them. :)

I'm still reading in the old thread. Thanks guys! It really flipping hurts. The pain comes and goes. The anger comes and goes. The sadness comes and goes. The worst was last night my 9yo facetimed with me (was at his dads) and with tears in his eyes asked, who will play nerf guns with me? That made me want to call the jerk and make him see what this knee jerk move did. But I'm doing the whole no contact, and trying to just work through it all and make me a better me.

In credit card news....I think I'm about to hit the spend on the Aspire. I'm actually SCARED at my balances right now. Damn you Christmas! My 9yo has a hockey tournament in Nashville over President's Weekend. Between the ex's URs and mine we're flying down for free :) (35k URs). I'll get free luggage (Thank you Delta Gold Card). I have a rental SUV for $80 that my CSR credit will cover. Too bad I can't chose the hotel and get points, LOL. Then when I get back I'm flipping around the next day and heading down to Myrtle Beach to meet up with a friend and drink it up, LOL. So I'm wasting no time I guess on traveling w/o him.

When I get the kids back on Sunday I'm going to ask them where they might like to go for Spring Break and start to plan that. I do this game for a reason...I was hoping to travel with him and the kids, but now I guess we'll make memories without him!

I click and view this thread once in a while, and find it very vibrant and fast moving. What are some of the best / favorite sign up bonuses right now?

I think a lot of that is subjective for what you want it for. But Barclay Arrival has a high offer now that people have been going for, also the United Explorer Business card is at a all time high. So for some that's the best offer going but if you don't fly United that's not usually very helpful :)

DoC updated his best CC bonuses for the month, that will give you a list to peruse: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-current-credit-card-sign-bonuses

Just keep in mind what your goals are for the points - high sign ups are nice but if you wind up with an eclectic mix of points when it comes time for redemption you may get shoehorned into something not entirely what you wanted. Also since each issuer has their own anti-churning rules going, you may find yourself locked out of a card line that could be very useful later if you just grab whatever is out there now. Do you have a goal in mind already?

I'm still reading in the old thread. Thanks guys! It really flipping hurts. The pain comes and goes. The anger comes and goes. The sadness comes and goes. The worst was last night my 9yo facetimed with me (was at his dads) and with tears in his eyes asked, who will play nerf guns with me? That made me want to call the jerk and make him see what this knee jerk move did. But I'm doing the whole no contact, and trying to just work through it all and make me a better me.

In credit card news....I think I'm about to hit the spend on the Aspire. I'm actually SCARED at my balances right now. Damn you Christmas! My 9yo has a hockey tournament in Nashville over President's Weekend. Between the ex's URs and mine we're flying down for free :) (35k URs). I'll get free luggage (Thank you Delta Gold Card). I have a rental SUV for $80 that my CSR credit will cover. Too bad I can't chose the hotel and get points, LOL. Then when I get back I'm flipping around the next day and heading down to Myrtle Beach to meet up with a friend and drink it up, LOL. So I'm wasting no time I guess on traveling w/o him.

When I get the kids back on Sunday I'm going to ask them where they might like to go for Spring Break and start to plan that. I do this game for a reason...I was hoping to travel with him and the kids, but now I guess we'll make memories without him!
Well the good news is you need less points now:Do_O
As the famous line on This is Us goes...when life gives you lemons, do your best to make something resembling lemonade. :grouphug:

...speaking of shows, since ya'll got me watching them with your talk of Maisel...I need a new one to start.

I did maisel, call the midwife, the crown, and just caught up the new season of this is us.

I loved all those. I don't do scary or violent, or anything resembling the local 6pm news crimes....any suggestions?

The worst was last night my 9yo facetimed with me (was at his dads) and with tears in his eyes asked, who will play nerf guns with me?

Get a couple more nerf guns and all 3 of you can go at it, sounds like a fun time. Put them around the house and ambush him too :)

oh dear. what a mess. so she seems to know she did something wrong then...can't claim naivety.

But on the flip side she could have thought someone messed with her account and that's why she called to book and she's on some other forum complaining about the person changing her account. It all seems to be AA's fault which is why I'd stay on top of it because they are probably dragging their feet about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter