I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Memaw passed away this morning so I'm a bit distracted with that today. Of all my grandparents I expected her to go last, not first. While I was semi-prepared, it was much sooner than I thought it would be.

I was supposed to book our tours for Costa Rica today and completely forgot. Should I put that on CSR or the CIP I'm working on? It won't impact meeting the CIP spend if I do or don't.

My Memaw passed away this morning so I'm a bit distracted with that today. Of all my grandparents I expected her to go last, not first. While I was semi-prepared, it was much sooner than I thought it would be.

I was supposed to book our tours for Costa Rica today and completely forgot. Should I put that on CSR or the CIP I'm working on? It won't impact meeting the CIP spend if I do or don't.

snugglebug I’m so sorry for your loss. Grandparents are so special in our lives. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Nana less than a year ago. They are so special and I hope you are comforted by many wonderful memories.

Liking in support :( Sorry to hear about that.

I’m so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

For the Southwest experts: should I pay for EBCI to guarantee that my kids don't end up with seats by themselves? My family of 4 (me, DH, DD5, and DD2) is flying Southwest from IND to MCO in a couple of weeks. My kids are young, so I want to make sure each kid has a parent sitting next to them. We are fine with being split up 2 and 2, and are fine with seats anywhere on the plane as long as we can find 2 sets of 2 together. 3 and 1 would also work fine. I will be checking in at the 24 hour mark, but in case I don't get group A, will family boarding get a parent next to each child? I have never flown Southwest with kids before.
I know others have answered your question(family boarding should be fine) I just wanted to say hello to a fellow Hoosiers. Btown representing.

Wow I'm sorry about your Memaw. It's always worse when it's someone you didn't expect.

As far as your spend, I would put it on your CSR.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. Even semi-prepared, unexpected timing can still be a big blow. :(

As for the tours, I'm leaning towards putting it on the CIP. If they code as travel, you'll still get 3x on the CIP as a bonus, but if not at least I know that spend went towards a greater good (MSR). Just what I'm leaning towards for myself. I was going to put some on my CSR as I'm booking those through NCL and I suspect it'll code as travel. Then I figured if I can hold off until I go for the CIP then I could put that spend towards MSR and still get 3x. My cruise and the taxes for my flights were all on the CSR so it should still be covered as part of the trip for the insurance. (and not have to worry about "business" trip)

Although maybe someone will set me straight.

I could see it. When dh & I flew to FL a few weeks ago, we checked in right at 24 hours and got C boarding. I think so many are buying EBCI now. We were able to sit together both flights but if it would have been our fam of 6, we'd have been split. I think that is our reality now flying SW. Since we aren't in fam boarding anymore, unless we buy EBCI, we won't all 6 sit together - which is totally fine - as long as dh & I can each sit with one of the boys.

On our most recent flight home from MCO, we had to change planes (can't remember where). Our first flight was delayed. By the time we reached the next airport flight #2 was boarding. We had A's for that flight! We ended up boarding after the B's and all 6 of us were together. I was stressing so much and that first flight something wan't right and triggered a mega-migraine. But, it all worked out in the end.

Now, I only stress a little about boarding. As long as I'm with my youngest son, we should be fine. Though I think my youngest daughter would prefer a family member with her as well.

We really loved our on site Universal stay. We started our trip at PBH and then transferred to Disney and stayed at the Polynesian. We loved both resorts, but we got a great deal on our Portofino rate and were paying more than twice that for our stay at the Poly. The pool was packed and the whole hotel was packed. It just wasn’t the relaxing experience we had on our first stay. Then, Storm Harper hit and we moved back to Universal and stayed at Sapphire Falls and RPR, because of limited availability at RPR. We had to tack on 3 nights to our trip due to the blizzard and didn’t want to shell out $500 per night at the Poly. We honestly loved all 3 Universal hotels, especially for the price. We liked the convenience of the Poly, but couldn’t help but feel like using a Lyft most of the week was just as easy.

I’m curious about Cabana Bay. We have 3 10 year old boys. When we checked into RPR, they suggested we check out Cabana Bay. Do you like that resort as well as the three that offer Express Pass?

I can chime in on Cabana Bay. We've stayed there 3 times so far and have two trips scheduled there later this year. I will qualify this by say we stay typically during slower times so the lack of express pass doesn't hurt us and that I've not stayed at one of the hotels that offers express pass. I just couldn't justify the cost. We also tend to hit the universal parks at rope drop and are done for the day at 1ish.
The main advantages for me for CB are such. Price would be number one. The buses that run to the parks are frequent without much of a wait. The food at quick service is pretty good and has a wide variety. The pools at CB are really good with a nice lazy river. If you like water parks being able to walk over to volcano bay and use the private entrance is really really really nice. It allows you to head back to the room easily if needed and then head back to VB. I really can't recommend VB enough. If you use early entry to VB(by staying onsite) you can pretty much ride all of the line with no wait. I think we rode the water coaster 4 times in a row and that ride normally has a 60 minute wait later in the day. VB really is a beautiful park and I could spend all day there.

I’m so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Nana less than a year ago. They are so special and I hope you are comforted by many wonderful memories.

She was special to me. I lived with her while attending A&M and she took great care of me. She no longer worked for the University at that time, but to this day every time we drive past the Large Animal Clinic I'm reminded of the wonderful memories of visiting her at work and seeing all the amazing animals they were treating. I think that's part of why I knew from a young age that I wanted to go to A&M.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, I can't respond to all. So much to do this week.

She was special to me. I lived with her while attending A&M and she took great care of me. She no longer worked for the University at that time, but to this day every time we drive past the Large Animal Clinic I'm reminded of the wonderful memories of visiting her at work and seeing all the amazing animals they were treating. I think that's part of why I knew from a young age that I wanted to go to A&M.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, I can't respond to all. So much to do this week.

My Memaw practically raised me as my mom was just a teen who had no idea what to do with this baby doll she'd birthed. It's a blessing to have the joy to be so close to a grandparent. Not all get to enjoy that special relationship.

Now, I only stress a little about boarding. As long as I'm with my youngest son, we should be fine. Though I think my youngest daughter would prefer a family member with her as well.
I'd prefer dh & I each be with one of the boys but honestly, my younger would do better alone than my older ds. The younger one just turned 8yo but he can carry on a conversation better than most adults (product of homeschooling...?). All my kids are social but he's crazy social with adults. He's a mini adult. Whereas my older ds, who is 10yo, would be getting up every 2 seconds to ask me or dh something and the poor people sitting next to him would have to deal with that. Just not fair to them. So, one of us would need to be close by at least. Other than that, we are just cool to sit apart if we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter