"I LIVE Here! I Know What I'm Doing!" A Family Reunion for a Very Disney Christmas (COMPLETE)

Hello my esteemed TR readers!

I apologize for the wait between this update and the last. Things got a little busy. I'm leaving for school in about an hour if that's any indication of how life got in the way. However, things got really fun too because on Saturday I got to go see...

LADY GAGA!!!

I have more photos and such, but unfortunately many of them are FAR from "DIS-appropriate", but I will still post an update over on my PTR (link in my signature) with a more elaborate run-down of the night because it was A NIGHT in the best possible way. To briefly summarize everything, it was AMAZING. I mean, just seeing my favorite musical artist perform was unreal alone, but we had fabulous seats, Gaga was on a whole other level performing many of my faves, obscure faves, EVERYTHING and I've never felt like a bigger fan of my Mother Monster more than I do now. If the Joanne World Tour is coming anywhere near you I 30/10 would recommend. Great time. Also, you will seriously meet the nicest, most chill people ever at her concerts. Best, most diverse crowd I have ever been a part of. LOVE IT!

Anyways, let's get back to my trip report. WE'RE ALMOST AT THE END!! Time to get things moving again before life gets in the way. Enjoy!

One Last Epcot Christmas Starring J. B.

December 27th, 2016

I'm sure you can guess what happened based on the title. After much deliberation and realizing that going back to Pop, I'd have to bring someone with me to let me into the room leaving only two family members to enjoy Epcot, I'd stick around. I apologize in advanced, this will be another very photo sparse chapter since I was kinda taking things slow and didn't bother to get many photos. I will supplement as much as I can.

The bus lines for the parks were pretty full. Epcot's was probably the shortest if I recall with Studios being the longest. Magic Kingdom busses were coming fast and furious so the line never got too long. Bless the fact we weren't dealing with that. However, the Epcot bus was taking FOREVER to get to DAK. I mean, I think it DAK are the furthest apart aside from MK to essentially every other park, but it was a bit ridiculous, especially since the line continued to get longer and longer and LONGER. We got on a bus eventually, forced to stand, which was not exactly what I needed sneezing all over the place and just being a yucky sick puppy.

We got to Epcot in no time and were inside soon enough, no problems. It was pretty crazy at Epcot, which I expected. Next to MK I knew, Epcot was probably the worst, although it wasn't blocked out, there are some cool holiday offerings here that I doubt most would pass up. I'm not exactly sure. Might've been a bathroom run, might've been Spaceship Earth, but after we were bent on getting to the World Showcase to scout out a spot for Illuminations, which also featured the Holiday tag tonight, my personal favorite holiday fireworks!

omg-excited.gif

I didn't get to see it my last night in Epcot because I went to meet Baymax & Joy and Sadness instead so I guess there really was a need to get back over here.

OW7Q_f-maxage-0.gif

As we started getting closer to the World Showcase, I started making a quiet turn towards Club Cool. We never went in Club Cool back in 2010 so I had to get them to try the infamous Beverly. I didn’t really say much and just handed them all a cup with it in it and I took a video:

Click to watch!

Not really the reaction I had hoped for, but luckily we had an interesting vid-bomber to make up for it.

We were starting to feel a bit famished again and when we started going through the World Showcase, we stopped by La Cantina de San Angel. I realized the other day that they do take the CM discount here for food so I thought I'd try and use it. They got us in pretty quick. I ordered nachos, Siobhan got some tacos, Alyssa got churros and my mom got a margarita. I handed my ID to pay, come to find out, it didn't work for dinner. It was LUNCH when the CM discount worked. Ugh, sometimes this discount. All was ok though. My mom was then able to pay with her card and soon enough we were on our way.

I had discovered a special spot that was very uncrowded by Germany for the fireworks and it was particularly unobstructed, away from the wind and so that's where we were bringing all our food. Yup, I made my family traverse that far. Don't worry, our trays were left back in Mexico. When we got to Germany, the German story of the Nutcracker was being told so we stopped to watch.

Click to watch!

I had seen all of the storyteller shows prior and really enjoyed this one. My favorites are Julenissen in Norway and La Befana in Italy, but this one was especially cute. It just had a nice sweetness to it and I think the part where they make you close your eyes to will the Nutcracker to life and then he appears is such pure magic. Also, tonight the Nutcracker was being particularly sassy. When asked if he would be ok with taking pictures by the storyteller, he paused then shook his head. It didn't happen when I saw it the other times so I thought that was hysterical.

My mom wanted us to get a photo with the Nutcracker and the Storyteller, but I wasn't feeling it. I really was pushing through tonight and I'm not sure I was ready for more M&Gs. I thought about Anna & Elsa, but in the end decided it wasn't worth it (their lines were getting pretty ridiculous again). Anyways, back to Germany, after the show, we went to go sit down in my little spot across from where the Holiday Storyteller performed. After eating one nacho, I felt I needed a little refreshment and with some time until IllumiNations began, I decided to run over to the American Adventure to get me an American Dream, my favorite drink in Epcot. Siobhan was wanting a Sprite so I went to go grab her one too.

I inadvertently left my phone with them to let it charge in my bag. I always had a portable battery charged and with me whenever I was in the parks or at work. Honestly a lifesaver, highly recommend. Many parks have fuel pods that can be recharged at various stations throughout the parks so those work well. Going back to my trek to America, it was a bit unnerving not having my phone, but I knew my family wasn't going far and I'd be back so it was no big deal.

When I got to the pavilion and the little kiosk where you can get the American Adventure, they started the first announcements for IllumiNations. Nobody was in line there so I quickly got my drinks and was on my way. When I turned around however, I saw a line of people outside the American Adventure stage. I thought that was strange then I saw a plaid guest relations cast member walking the line. Even weirder. But then I saw what they were lining up for.

The Candlelight Processional was still happening this week and guess who was the guest narrator? Jodi Benson.

Guess who was about five feet away from me?

JODI. FREAKIN. BENSON.

giphy.gif

If you don't know who I'm talking about, I don't even understand why you are on these boards and I'm going to politely ask that you leave this trip report immediately. Do not come back until you've read up on your Disney history. If you're stubborn like moi, you're still reading so I might as well tell you. Jodi Benson is the original voice of Ariel. Yes, that is who Jodi Benson is, you uncultured swine. She's also a bonafide Disney legend mind you. Prior to voicing Ariel, she also worked with the late Howard Ashman and the late Marvin Hamlisch on a more obscure musical known as Smile, where she originated the lead role and sang the standard, "Disneyland". She also performed on Broadway in the revival of the Gershwin musical, Crazy for You for which she was nominated for a Tony (if you don't know what a Tony is... I'm not even sure I should be writing a TR anymore). Yeah, Jodi Benson is pretty amazing and thank goodness you have me to tell you all about her.

In short, I was shockingly exuding an incredible amount of self-restraint. I was F-REAK-ING OUT. If only I had my phone with me, maybe I could've asked to meet her. But I didn't so I kinda just sidled by and looked onward longingly, as she so sweetly and graciously greeted all her other undeserving fans. This was the first time in my program I just randomly stumbled on a celebrity. Yeah, I got to see Starship and Wilson Phillips perform during Eat to the Beat. I also saw Neil Patrick Harris when he did the Candlelight Processional as well as a little bit of Meredith Viera during her stint. All on top of Kelly Clarkson, Julianne & Derek Hough, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce and Alessia Cara during the Christmas Parade filming. Add into the mix the Chicago Cubs in the special pre-parade after they won the World Series. The list continues on and on including a moment where apparently Kourtney Kardashian & Co. had come by in a spot I had been near only five minutes before while working that I'm still bitter about. BUT THIS. This was the first time it wasn't a mis-encounter or going somewhere knowing there'd be a celebrity there, I just happened to see Jodi Benson and I'm a huge huge fan. "Part of Your World" is probably my favorite princess song and I was only a few feet from the women who originally sang it. I can't even properly describe what that feels like. Ugh, if only I had gotten to see her read about the story of Christmas for the Candlelight Processional. Oh well, at least I had this to go freak out about to my mom and sisters (who also had no clue who she was). Needless to say, I practically ran back having this amazing story to tell.

By the time I got back, it was inching ever closer to IllumiNations to start. This was actually the one fireworks show my family had seen and I believe the first time we saw it we also watched from Germany, but in a different spot. Or was it Norway? Ack, can't remember but there was nobody around. Here, some people kinda had the same idea as us, they were no bother however. We were enjoying all our good eatings and drinkings when finally the torches went out and it was time for a "story as old as time itself".

My DSLR was at the ready once again and I got some of the best fireworks shot yet, but I still wasn't sure how to play with exposure and shutter speed to get the cool "neon light" type effect (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you've seen pro fireworks photos).

My mom took this one. Taken with an iPhone.

"WEEEEE GOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN."

I think this was about where the Holiday tag started.

I also got a video for those of you who haven't seen it. It's far more unreal in person but omg the amount of fireworks coupled with the music and the message... it's AMAZING. I was SHOOK every single time. My family was feeling the same way and was so glad that of the fireworks shows they got to see this trip, this was the one. Sorry, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and Holiday Wishes.

Click to watch!

Once the Holiday tag ended, EMH began. I technically wasn't allowed at EMH since I wasn't exactly on the reservation, but we decided to try it out. The Fam wasn't interested in Frozen Ever After so we ditched that idea. Alyssa hadn't ridden Test Track the last time we were here. Unfortunately, it was the BETTER version back then and I tend to skip Test Track 2.0 nowadays, but it was EMH so the waits probably weren't nearly that bad. We headed that way, hoping I wouldn't have to wait outside.

Continued Here

Last edited:
Jodi Benson... AGH! :scared1:
And for those who didn't know who she is... I second the "you uncultured swine" comment!

Jodi Benson... AGH! :scared1:
And for those who didn't know who she is... I second the "you uncultured swine" comment!

THANK YOU! It's just unreal how people don't know where to give credit for one of the most iconic Disney princesses smh

Loving your trip report! We're going to Disney this Christmas, and your pictures are getting me super excited!!!

Hello!

:welcome:

Get so excited! Prepare yourself for the crowds, but def get excited. It's a lovely time of year minus the crowds.

Glad to hear you all ventured on to Epcot! That is SO SO cool that you got to see Jodi Benson! And your Illuminations photos came out great!

It was worth it in the end (although my immune system will beg to differ). Still not over that I saw her just randomly. And thank you, they came out a lot nicer than I originally expected. :)

Me, arriving to comment on this update approximately 6 years after it was posted:

3518p3q.jpg

GAGS!!!!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed her!!!! Austin saw her last week as well and he's still talking about how amazing it was.

This update reminded me that my family has still NEVER tried the Beverly but they're not #practicaljokers and would probably actually kill me if I fed it to them.

I actually laughed out loud watching the video. Siobhan's reaction, the little head nod and going back to taste it again, completed me. An #icon.

Cantina de San Angel... :love::love::love:

CM discount, lol. I had almost forgotten about how inconvenient and weirdly specific the "discounts" were.

Your new nickname is "Sassy Nutcracker." I never saw any of the cute holiday shows in Epcot, but I'm glad you liked them! We should go during Christmas time and you can show me all your favorites.

I'M STILL JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO SEE JODI! Phone or no phone I would have burst into tears and gone over to tell her that she is the literal ruler of my life. I'm still bitter that you-know-who got to see her like 8 times because he straight up stalked her during the program.

As usual, your nighttime pictures leave me speechless. The globe especially came out really, really well on your DSLR.

Keep us posted even though it takes me a century to respond pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Me, arriving to comment on this update approximately 6 years after it was posted:

3518p3q.jpg

You still beat me tho. #thatbackincollegelife

GAGS!!!!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed her!!!! Austin saw her last week as well and he's still talking about how amazing it was.

She was INCREDIBLE. I'm still shooketh and watching back all the vids I took of her.

This update reminded me that my family has still NEVER tried the Beverly but they're not #practicaljokers and would probably actually kill me if I fed it to them.

Lol bless the fact my family is pretty used to that stuff

I actually laughed out loud watching the video. Siobhan's reaction, the little head nod and going back to taste it again, completed me. An #icon.

I think she knew I was pulling a fast one and tried to give off little evidence that she might've hated it, except she actually did like it somewhat

Cantina de San Angel... :love::love::love:

CM discount, lol. I had almost forgotten about how inconvenient and weirdly specific the "discounts" were.

Best place with unfortunately such a weird discount. Really wish I had taken advantage of it when I had the chance.

Your new nickname is "Sassy Nutcracker." I never saw any of the cute holiday shows in Epcot, but I'm glad you liked them! We should go during Christmas time and you can show me all your favorites.

YOU NEVER SAW HOLIDAYS AROUND THE WORLD?! Omg, you missed out. We are so going back. You will DIE over Sigrid and Julenissen in Norway and then sob over La Befana. This is now officially a thing.

I'M STILL JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO SEE JODI! Phone or no phone I would have burst into tears and gone over to tell her that she is the literal ruler of my life. I'm still bitter that you-know-who got to see her like 8 times because he straight up stalked her during the program.

OMG DO NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THAT. But we both knew, if we had managed to meet her that many times we'd be BFFs hehehe

As usual, your nighttime pictures leave me speechless. The globe especially came out really, really well on your DSLR.

Keep us posted even though it takes me a century to respond pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Awww, thank you. I tried my best. And I have another update coming REAAAALLL soon.

Hi everyone!

Just checking in to let you all know that my technically first week of school has been completed and I lived through syllabus week. Granted I got assignments before I even got to certain classes, but so far it looks like I've got a pretty good semester set up for me and a nice break from the craziness that was Spring 2017. I'll keep you updated on any cool happenings, but I just felt the need to plug that in.

I also want to send out much love and pixie dust to everyone in Hurricane Irma's path. From the sounds of it, this one might actually hit. Last year with Matthew, my first hurricane experience, it was the first time Disney had had to shut down since 2001 during 9/11 and now we're going on a second consecutive year of that. Insanity. Luckily Matthew ended up not really hitting the Orlando/Kissimmee area, but it sounds like Irma very well might. More precautions have been taken and I really hope that all y'all down there are taking it seriously. Just know that I'm thinking of y'all and gonna be diligently keeping tabs on Irma. Who knows? Maybe Moana will step in again, restore the heart to Irma and we'll all be saved. Yay!!

tenor.gif

Now, let's go fly back to a non-hurricane proofed Epcot. My apologies in advanced this update is a little photo sparse...

That Time I Snuck Into Extra Magic Hours
December 27th, 2016

We took the Odyssey path to get to Test Track, which was also the way I took to get backstage and to my CP bus so I was pointing out to the Fam where I'd generally go at the end of the night to get back to my apartment. They thought it was pretty cool to know how Epcot works. For the record, there is a mini-utilidor (Utilidors are what the tunnels under the Magic Kingdom are called, although CMs just call them 'the tunnels') in Epcot that goes between the Innoventions buildings, but most of the Cast Member only area is on the outskirts surrounding the park. It makes it much harder to get around in comparison to the other parks. Fun little tidbit for ya.

Anyways, Test Track was our destination, much to my dismay. It's a fun ride, but the original was so much more thrilling. It was my favorite ride in Epcot way back when. Since the change, the ride to me lost so much luster. No more neat storyline about being sort of a test-drive dummy and no build-up to the final test where you legitimately think you will crash into that wall. Now, it lacks so much substance and feels like some over-glamorized video game. I'm not about it. My family hadn't ridden it so I wasn't going to deny them at least a taste of knowing my disdain.

The wait wasn't too too bad, but it does take awhile to get into the pre-show car selection area, where, of course, it wasn't letting me design a car. Wonderful. Like 2/3rds of enjoyment of the ride, GONE. Moving on, my family agreed on what I told them. My mom and Siobhan had rode it before quite a few times on our first trip, they thought the original was a lot more immersive and interesting. Alyssa could also see that something was missing. I explained to them about the switch of sponsors from General Motors to Chevrolet that caused the change. Chevrolet just...

giphy.gif

We didn't get a ride photo for this one because a) not a fan and b) the ride photo kiosks almost always never work. I think we went up to see what our photo at least looked like and it was pretty generic. We quickly went through the post-queue, which had no interest to us. I think my mom might've sat in one of the cars or we tried to get some pics in front of the green screen, but it wasn't our jam so we headed out.

I dragged them over from the tragedy of TT2.0 all the way to the other side of Future World for Soarin' 2.0. I'm still in the unpopular opinion on this but I MUCH prefer Soarin' Around The World over Soarin' Over California. Part of it might be that that I had the WORST luck with seating in the first one. It took until my last time riding to actually get the front row and I still wasn't as impressed as everyone else. Soarin' Around The World I almost always got the middle or the front. I always made it a point to ask since I usually was by myself. Then when I was with others, like my friend Melody who was my Epcot buddy most days, we always got weirdly lucky with seating. I also found out from my roommate, Kemuel, that the best spot on Soarin' is actually the second row in the middle section. He got to take a backstage tour of it on his first program. They told him that that was where Imagineers really perfected the whole feel of the attraction. I think I rode it there once and it is pretty great, but unless I get that exact section and that exact row, I pray for the front row, no need to deal with dangling feet.

I also really liked it because the view of the entire world it gives is so extraordinary to me. I've never really been anywhere but the East Coast of North America and really want to spread my wings and go elsewhere. Yes, that does include California, but this was ALL of the World and it just really touched me. Not to mention the smells were so much more memorable. I want to bottle up the ocean one and put it in my car, it's so so SOOOO nice. I do agree that some of the CGI recreations are a bit much. The Taj Mahal one is off-putting, although the Jasmine smell really makes up for it. Overall, this was one of the main attractions I fell in love with throughout my program and I was so glad I got to ride it one more time with the Fam. They all also agreed with me on this. The wait was a lot less stalling than Test Track, which helped. They could barely remember the original and thought this was super neat. They also loved that ocean smell too.

When we were back out in The Land, we were kinda unsure about where to go next. EMH was far from over, however there was no real desire to check anything else out. My mom and sisters are not big Frozen fans so braving whatever that line might be was not in the cards, especially with how I was feeling at this point. On our way out of the Land, we decided to leave Epcot. My one last goodbye to yet another park.

giphy.gif

We saw some Photopass still out in front of the Fountain of Nations. One of them in particular looked to be having a really fun time so we hopped in line for him. We got some really cute family shots along with a cool Magic shot:

Click to watch the magic happen!

Ignore my stray hair, I was really struggling tonight

It was a nice way to end our night.

Oh and a quick photo of the World Showcase tree, before we was gone. So lovely.

Then, as we made our way out, the Fountain of Nations started up, one of my favorite hidden gems at Disney.

*cue more tears*

sobbing-gif-10.gif

Now, here's some tea as the Fam and I leave Epcot for the night...

Epcot was my least favorite park.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I know, blasphemy. I just never really fell in love with it more like I did the other three. There were many a days near the end of my program where I just wanted to hop on back to Studios. I usually took the bus to Studios, stayed at Studios during the day then went to Epcot after Studios closed to avoid the crowded CP bus or sometimes would head to the BoardWalk and hang around there during the night. I did still love it, the crowds just really drove me away and it wasn't like MK where I could ignore it somedays, it wore on me. Epcot was kind of a friends park for me since I tended to visit with the intention of seeing other people there so I think that's where a lot of the emotional connection comes from. One of my best friends on the program would always message me to come meet up in Epcot on our days off. It was always a blast. I'll miss that as well as the food because Epcot hands down has the best food, especially during their special seasons of Food & Wine and Holidays Around The World. With all that in mind, the Fam and I made our way out of the park to go catch our bus.

It was a pretty uneventful night from then on. I might've fallen asleep on the bus I was feeling so unwell and spent. I'm guessing I crashed rather quickly when we got back to Pop. I did however go on the Hub (the Disney cast member website) to call out for the next day instead of trying to rush around for a shift I knew would end up being so so miserable. That was only one of two times during my program I actually called out, the other being also because I wasn't feeling well, if that's any indication of my health and exhaustion. My mom and sisters did have one more day essentially, but I was going to sleep. My mom considered about spending a few hours in Studios before leaving so we'll see if she ended up buying another ticket the next morning. Until then it was sweet dreams for us.

giphy.gif

Continued Here

Last edited:
TEA, I'm responding first finally.

Chevrolet TT is wack compared to GM TT, lmao. Who authorized that switchover?

Now that you mention it, I feel like TT pictures are just unflattering in general. I've never seen a truly "good" one :confused3

I'm finally coming around to your way of thinking AKA Soarin' Around the World > Over California. Now that I'm over the sentiment of California, I really enjoy the change of scenery (tee-hee) that AtW has given us. I LOVE the jasmine in Morocco and the Grass in Africa, but I still miss the orange grove.

That group hug shot is adorable! #christmascardmaterial

*pretends to be shocked when you say Epcot wasn't your favorite*

I honestly feel for you. Epcot is a weird park. It's my personal baby, but it's literally unbearable when it's crowded and WS doesn't have as much to do as a lot of other lands in the parks.

Sweet dreams, sickly little Timmy :( Good on you for calling out, I know calling out was a hard decision to make on the program but you did what was best for you!

EMH sounds like it was productive since you got to ride 2 of the big ticket rides! Love the PP photos as you guys left!

Smart move calling out the next day so you could recuperate!

TEA, I'm responding first finally.

Chevrolet TT is wack compared to GM TT, lmao. Who authorized that switchover?

YAS QUEEN.

Ummm... Bob Iger. Oops.

Now that you mention it, I feel like TT pictures are just unflattering in general. I've never seen a truly "good" one :confused3

I think I've looked good in a few, but I'm me so

I'm finally coming around to your way of thinking AKA Soarin' Around the World > Over California. Now that I'm over the sentiment of California, I really enjoy the change of scenery (tee-hee) that AtW has given us. I LOVE the jasmine in Morocco and the Grass in Africa, but I still miss the orange grove.

Awww yay!! Come to the dark side. I don't even remember the Orange grove that much so I do not have that to hold on to. But the smells of the ocean in Fiji and Jasmine at the Taj Mahal... they gots me.

That group hug shot is adorable! #christmascardmaterial

If only Christmas hadn't just happened and my dad wasn't in the photo :sad:

*pretends to be shocked when you say Epcot wasn't your favorite*

I honestly feel for you. Epcot is a weird park. It's my personal baby, but it's literally unbearable when it's crowded and WS doesn't have as much to do as a lot of other lands in the parks.

Lol, obviously you wouldn't be shocked considering we've had this conversation on multiple occasions. I still love it though as I do with all my WDW bbs.

Sweet dreams, sickly little Timmy :( Good on you for calling out, I know calling out was a hard decision to make on the program but you did what was best for you!

It was only the second time and I had a week left. Calling out was necessary. I needed the break for my health, mentally and physically (*TRIGGER WARNING* especially with New Year's Eve right around the corner...).

EMH sounds like it was productive since you got to ride 2 of the big ticket rides! Love the PP photos as you guys left!

Smart move calling out the next day so you could recuperate!

It was! We really got to do a lot in the short time we were in Epcot.

And yeah, definitely was, especially considering I only had about a week left enjoying the parks and being a CM. :'(

While writing this Trip Report, I thought to myself, "This seems rather sad that I don't have Studios in here." Then, I thought about how only a few days before my family arrived, I said goodbye to Studios. I spent the entire day, rope drop until past closing just enjoying all my favorite parts of this beautiful under-appreciated park. Why not sneak that into this little trip report?

Long story short, I couldn't answer that question.

And, well, here's the result:

popcorn:: ONE LAST HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD popcorn::
:smickey: Timmy's Farewell to Studios :smickey:

Taken during my first night in Studios of my DCP. 8/14/16

Now here's a little background to why I was saying goodbye to a park when I had around two weeks until the end of my program. Well, I had six more days off left until the end of my program in these last three weeks (two days off a week). Two of those were spent while my family was visiting and one was the day I had to move out then fly home to New Hampshire. Technically I only had three full days left in the parks for myself.

I'm sure that confuses you because "three days for four parks?" Well, that's not exactly how this plan works. Originally I planned to start during the fourth week to cover the first three parks since I knew I would be blocked out from two while my family was here and that they'd also want to do what they wanted to. However, I thought it was a bit ridiculous to think about that so early and I wanted to use my comp tickets when my family was here, which were only valid in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. In the end, I set aside that last full day for Animal Kingdom, which eventually became an Epcot & DAK day, although we only spent a few hours in Epcot so I still had my full day in DAK technically.

I'm also sure you're confused because you're thinking, "If you want to say goodbye to all your favorite parks, why not do 4 parks 1 day on your last day?" That is normally what most do, but the idea kinda lost its luster to me. Many days during my program, I'd start my day in Studios. After Studios closed, I'd go to Epcot usually walking through the BoardWalk. When Epcot closed, I'd take the monorail to Magic Kingdom and finish my night off there. Yeah, that's 3 parks 1 day, but after doing that so much, it made 4 parks 1 day seem too easy and not that difficult or intense a feat. It also didn't seem it was the proper way to say goodbye to places I had developed very personal connections to across many lands, attractions, etc. etc.

Thus, the extended plan of counting down my final weeks by saying goodbye to one park each day was formed!

The first park on my countdown was my Epcot day and the third was Animal Kingdom which I also covered, which I already covered in this TR. That leaves Studios on the second day and Magic Kingdom on my very last day as a CPer/Cast Member. Magic Kingdom was already covered in the TR so we're just going to go with Studios, which happened on December 21st, 2016, 3 days before my family arrived in Orlando for Christmas!

With logistics all figured out, let's get this show on the round!

"Ready when you are CB!"

LupICH.gif

A Morning Red Carpet Walk To The Hollywood Tower Hotel
December 21st, 2016

'Twas an early morning for Timmy. Studios opened at 9am, which usually means I have to get on TranStar at around 8am. Again, TranStar is that wonderfully efficient *sarcasm* bus system that all CPs know and love *more sarcasm* that take them from their apartment complex to their work place or any other chosen destination on Disney property. I would be taking the E bus, who's route goes to two of the three other apartment complexes housing CPs then directly to Hollywood Studios, hence why it takes so long to get Studios.

I got up around 7am I think it was, did my usual morning routine, quickly packed up everything I needed for the day, put on my housing ID, Magic Band and graduation ears then I was out the door. My roommate Kemuel was already gone by this point since he works mornings and MK was opening up much earlier than Studios. My other roommates were fast asleep so I quietly snuck out. I caught the bus in time, the only person on the bus not dressed for work and after the usual stops, made it to Studios in little time.

I made it a little past rope drop, but that was mostly because I had trouble getting up so I wasn't too upset. The park was open super late tonight so I'd have plenty of time to get everything I had planned to do done today. The morning was also super dreary so hopefully that deterred people from visiting.

At bag check, the security CM noticed my ears and congratulated me. I think we talked about something else, but I can't remember. It might've been the secondary search that I always have to do because the place of the bus stop for Studios only lets me enter from the side. Either way, no details on that and I was in the park. On the way in, I noticed some rope drop festivities were still happening.

Click to watch!

The Citizens of Hollywood had rolled out a red carpet and were narrating the guests walking down it. The Citizens of Hollywood are one of my favorite aspects of Studios and I was really hoping they'd narrate me. However, I'm super shy so I kinda awkwardly lurked off to the side before finally walking the carpet.

Click to watch!

For the record, I didn't actually walk the carpet behind Steven Spielberg. If it was, I would've freaked or just asked awkwardly for a selfie or both. Either way, no cute narration for Timmy. So sad.

Oh well, the fun had only just begun and I had a game plan so into Studios I went. Along Hollywood Boulevard, there were some more Citizens of Hollywood out and about. It was honestly very surprising seeing so many out since the weather really did not look pleasant and was rather cold. Nothing stops stars-to-be apparently. One caught me filming my walk in and thus became SC famous:

Click to watch!

I veered immediately off from Hollywood Boulevard onto Sunset Boulevard because it was the morning and I knew with the holiday crowds, I wouldn't be able to marathon this ride one last time so this was the only time to get my Twilight Zone and lo and behold...

Click to watch!

It was a walk-on!

If you didn't know, only two attractions are allowed to use the 13 minute time stamp. Those are Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror for the obvious reasons. It doesn't mean 13 minutes though or a shortened version of 15 minutes, it actually means you can run right on so I bolted right into the queue. There wasn't anyone behind me so I took my time taking in the flawlessness that is the best attraction in the park and in all of Walt Disney World. I could go as far to say of all time, but I'm not going to get too crazy. I just love it so much and there's so much to love about it, I wouldn't let this last day of visiting the Hollywood Tower Hotel to waste so taking my time in the queue was essential, especially with a gloomy morning as the backdrop.

Per usual, my room was not ready when I got to the front of the line so I took the opportunity to get my selfie on:

Supah creepay

After that point, I was in full marathon mode. Rushing to my usual corner in the library to be next to the door then speeding into the boiler room, hoping and praying that they'd need a single rider or the cute bellhop who worked there was back. I'm not sure if either of these came to fruition, but after that first ride I ended up riding two more times. The first time, I just enjoyed all the wonderful amenities of the hotel. The second time, I was viciously snapchatting the experience.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I'm a pretty regular visitor if you didn't already know. On-elevator ride videos are cake and I'm not worried in any way about the phone flying out of my hand.

The third time was my last time and I had to show off my choice of clothing for the day to the camera.

I also took a closer pic in the hotel gift shop that also showcased my matching phone case:

They really need to get on cleaning that mirror.

Yeah, I was pretty prepared for the day, if you couldn't tell.

After that last photo, I came around and the line had gotten pretty long already for ToT so my marathon of the day ended at 3. A pretty solid number for me and a wonderful farewell. So long for now, Hollywood Tower Hotel! It's been a scream hehehe

After that last fall, I skipped on over to Rock N Roller Coaster to see how the wait was there. It wasn't too high, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to jump in line for a wait like that, single rider or not. I checked MDE to see if there were any FPs available and lo-and-behold there was one for much later that sat nice and pretty between the time following the first showing of Fantasmic and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, both of which I hoped to see that night. Oh Disney gods, you have smiled down upon me.

With that extra pep in my step, I headed on back down Sunset Boulevard to take on some more adventures in Hollywood.

What role would be my next starring role?

Continued Here

Last edited:
I am SHOOK'T. Verily.

First you open the update with your best selfie. You + those ears + DHS = technical perfection.

THEN you make me cry about GMR all over again.

THEN you give me all the feels about the last days of our program.

THEN you put in some pics of the citizens of Hollywood, aka the greatest people in all of Walt Disney World.

And then you finish this update with my OTP, Timmy/TOT. I'm so glad you checked out of the Hollywood Tower on a high note.

Tell us more about DHS, bby. ILY

3 rides on ToT, what a great start to the morning!!

It was! A great way to wake up.

I am SHOOK'T. Verily.

First you open the update with your best selfie. You + those ears + DHS = technical perfection.

THEN you make me cry about GMR all over again.

THEN you give me all the feels about the last days of our program.

THEN you put in some pics of the citizens of Hollywood, aka the greatest people in all of Walt Disney World.

And then you finish this update with my OTP, Timmy/TOT. I'm so glad you checked out of the Hollywood Tower on a high note.

Tell us more about DHS, bby. ILY

YAS. TOLD YA.

Thanks sis. Not sure I agree but peep the Disney Internships & Programs lanyard from way back when.

Have we stopped crying about GMR tho? Have we actually?

I still cry everyday thinking about it. I WANT TO GO WORK FOR MICKEY AGAIN.

CITIZENS OF HOLLYWOOD FTW

Lol, did not know that was your OTP but I'm ready to arrange a marriage if that's possible.

I will be telling y'all so much more very very soon.
Three in a row on ToT... like a boss. Love it!:cool1:

Oh yeah! I take my ToT rides VERY seriously. :teeth:

The Rebel Spy Wannabe aka The Lord of Muppet Land
December 21st, 2016

I headed straight across the park from Tower of Terror. The crowds had started to form so this was easier said then done. Star Tours was the destination in mind because today I was dead set on being the Rebel Spy. That was the true mission of the day. Like how does one go AN ENTIRE SIX MONTHS OF RIDING THIS THING AND NOT GET PICKED TO BE THE REBEL SPY?! We will never know, truly.

But we were going to try today. We were going to try.

When I finally got Star Tours, I had to take a quick commemorative photo out front, being this would be my last time riding it for probably quite some time. I switched out my ears since I had to wear my most prized ears that are almost always sold out nowadays. Yeah, I brag about it often not gonna lie.

After that, it was time to go and try to save the Galaxy! They recently optimized the simulator so you would get more randomized storylines. In the time of my program, I think I got two and one of them I got every single time thereafter so I was excited to get something that didn't start with Darth Vader and involve those little robot things that crawl on the window of the spacecraft.

I said hi, of course, to our to-be pilots before getting ready to board.

Click to watch!

Then, it was time to finally ride!

Now, did I get to be Rebel Spy and as a result shell out all my money to get the famed and long sought after shirt?

No.

It was not to be BUT I did get a very different storyline for my mission. Like everything was different. I can't exactly pinpoint certain things but I think we got Poe as the correspondent instead of Finn, who I always got, which was neat. You win some, you lose some.

Once I had come out of the gift shop, I came upon the Starspeeder. I didn't have any photos on it or of it so I took the opportunity to bring out the Star Wars Tsum Tsums my roomie, Carson, got me as an early Christmas present. Thought these would be another set of cute commemorative photos of my last day! I mean, I'm not sure how I feel necessarily about C3P0 and Luke on a Starspeeder, but you know, it made for a cool photo opp. Some other Star Wars fans crowded around to get their own photos agreed.

I should add in here that my DSLR was not in existence, at least to my knowledge, yet so all these photos are either taken on my iPhone or downloaded Photopass photos.

After I got those photos, I decided to continue on into the Muppet area. The crowds were definitely starting to pick up, but as I was walking through the Muppet Vision and misplaced/leftover-from-Streets-of-America Christmas area, this is what I happened upon.

Click to watch!

Speaking of Streets of America remnants... rip :sad1:

It was DESERTED. Like... HOW?! It was the week of Christmas and yeah, it was still rather early for the one-time tourist, but remember, this park was basically cut in half. HOW IS THERE NO HUMANITY ASIDE FROM CAST MEMBERS AND MYSELF OVER HERE?! Part of me was so ready to bottle up this emptiness and plop it in the Magic Kingdom where we REALLY needed it. (Right, @Newsies ?)

However I'm sure as much as I wished and wished with all my might, that would not be possible so I took this time as sole denizen of Muppet land (and having no desire to watch Muppet Vision) along with being a basic Instagram you-know-what, I decided to go ahead and take all the cute photos that I could. For such a land that gets so forgotten, the photo opps are plentiful and stunning.

Click to watch! (It's a boomerang)

I might've hopped in the Muppet store to admire what I probably lacked in money to buy than went on my way. I'd probably be back later around lunch time to go grab a bite to eat from Rizzo's as it had just opened only a week or so earlier and I had yet to see the interior or try the food there. The day was young, the crowds were far lower than they were probably going to be so I had other business to attend to.

To Red Carpet Dreams!

mm.gif

There was one last little prop, trinket, whatever you wish to call it that I brought with me. I'd already gotten my photos with my Star Wars light-up ears, the Tsum Tsums, but I HAD to get a picture of Mickey with my own Sorcerer Mickey plush. Sorcerer Mickey is my FAVORITE incarnation of Mickey. I mean, it's his appearance as the Sorcerer's Apprentice that I can really pinpoint as one of those moments where I really fell in love with the boss man (that and The Silly Symphony Band Concert). Minnie looking more glamorous than normal was just an added bonus.

The wait out front said 45 minutes.

giphy.gif

If you've frequented Red Carpet Dreams as much as I have, you know 45 minutes is the regular wait. It is not only the regular wait it is a LONG wait. Honestly, the M&G set up they have here is such a mess. Most M&Gs they are much more efficient in how to disperse the crowd. There's no dispersing the crowd here. It's so frustrating and I hope they'll be able to fix it soon because I'd hate to see either of these meets go away. I didn't have any big plans for awhile at the very moment so into that awful wait in a boring, industrial queue I went.

Nothing to write home about that wait per usual. Eventually I was let inside and got to meet my boss's boss in her STUNNING Red Carpet gown first. I love meeting Minnie and just admiring her beautiful outfits. There's really no one out there with a wardrobe like hers. She must be feeling so blessed to have nobody who will force her to share clothes (Daisy's too proud to ever ask I'm sure).

It was a love and shove type day for her. She's obviously a very busy mouse. I'm always just so thankful to have so many lovely photos with her.

After saying tata to my favorite glam mouse, I headed down that long hallway ramp to go meet Mickey who was there awaiting my arrival with opened arms!

Ok, not so much, but he still gave me the hug anyway.

Yet another awkward Timmy hug photo

I then handed him Sorcerer Mickey as a new friend for him. He was more than happy to hold his own mini-me and I was more than happy to hand it to him with the notion I'd be getting him back after.

After the pic was taken, I turned to say goodbye to Mickey he shooked my hand and shooed me away, still holding Mini-Sorcerer Mickey. I immediately stood by saying that I needed him back. The attendant then said, "You said he was a gift for him." Which I did... kinda... I was kinda tongue-tied, knowing that they were just kinda playing me. It was a very weird, but funny situation that eventually ended with me saying I needed a bit of him to have with me so I wouldn't feel homesick, which he conceded to and I was on my way. I guess I have to be careful with how I word things next time.

Thus ended my last experience at Red Carpet Dreams. Not my best. My first time there will always hold up as my favorite with little wait and so much love and fun from both mousies. It was definitely memorable with me inadvertently giving away my precious Sorcerer Mickey. I should've mentioned this was an old Sorcerer Mickey plush, if you couldn't tell, with the old Disney World logo attached to his foot, that was in perfect condition and barely touched. My grandparents on my mom's side, who have since passed, originally had it and I never knew until my uncle let my sisters and I sift through some things he had stored away from when we moved them out of their house. They let me have Sorcerer Mickey and a classic Minnie plush knowing how much I loved Disney. No way would I ever think of giving that away or letting someone take it. Nuh-uh. But I can still laugh about it especially since Mickey literally was so ready to have alone time with it. :rotfl:

I was back out now in the ABC Commissary area where the crowds were definitely starting to hit their peak. I guess a lesser, not as popular destination was in the cards at this moment, for sure.

Continued Here

Last edited:
k first of all, obligatory comment on how cute u r: you are soooyyyyyy cute in your star wars ears in front of star tours

RIP the rebel spy... ONE DAY you will be the Rebel Spy, I promise. Anything your heart desires will come 2 u!!!

THE COMMENT ABOUT BOTTLING UP THE EMPTINESS AND BRINGING IT TO MAGIC KINGDOM... I WISH TBH LMAO RIP US

red carpet dreams is literally the least efficient M&G in WDW. There was one (1) family in front of me when I went in August and it took me 10 minutes to get in. Even tink and mickey in town square aren't as bad as RCD, it's so screwed up.

Mood: Mickey keeping your plush

For the World's least efficient M&G, they are very love and shove there. I feel like none of my meets were spectacular, despite Minnie's outfit being LAID for the GODS and having sorcerer Mickey in the same location. RIP.

tell us about ABC commissary bae!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!