I KNOW we can't pool hop to SAB, but...

DISchick

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
We are DVC staying at our home resort, BWV. My parents will be staying at Beach Club (cash, not points). Can I go to SAB with them? Or can they go to Luna Park with me?
Are we destined to not swim together? :rolleyes: (Insert tragic violin playing type music here)
Seriously, though--what are the chances?

Thanks!
Jill :teeth:

at BWV and they could add you to their room to allow you to swim at BCV if it only the two of them.

Is the only way to do this is to add them to your room? Can't you have guests come swim with you? I would think that as long as someone is staying there that they would allow you to bring guests!! Does someone out there have experience with this one?

Originally posted by 5infam
Is the only way to do this is to add them to your room? Can't you have guests come swim with you? I would think that as long as someone is staying there that they would allow you to bring guests!! Does someone out there have experience with this one?

If everyone did what you want to do, the popular pools (like SAB and Luna Park) would be even more crowded than they already are. Ask the CM at the resort for the policy in effect that day and go with that. Sometimes guests are told OK and sometimes they are politely told no. Usually depends on how crowded they think the pools will be that day.

If you want to be absolutely sure of swimming together, plan on going to one of the water parks.

Best wishes -

CarolMN,

I hear what you are saying as BWV is my home resort, and I understand that it can get crowded. My point I guess is that as a guest/member of a certain resort, if I would like to have a guest visit us at our resort and use the facilities with us, whether they be the pool, restaurants, community hall area, etc., then that should be a perk of me staying at that resort. I understand that pool hopping can not be allowed at SAB because this would open it up to all DVC resort guests from all different resorts and the crowd could get unbearable. However, if you are staying at BCV and want to bring a guest or 2 over to swim for the afternoon (and maybe even vice versa since the OP's guests are at BWV), then I would think that would be fine. Maybe I'm way off base here, it is just my opinion though:cool: :cool: :cool:

Based on my experience in Dec 2002, the capacity for your room is the number of people who can go to the pool.

When we stayed at BCV, there was two of us in a studio. We were told that we could get the two additional room keys to admit visiting guests to the pool.

Of course, that could have changed, but I doubt it.

CarolMN,

I hear what you are saying as BWV is my home resort, and I understand that it can get crowded. My point I guess is that as a guest/member of a certain resort, if I would like to have a guest visit us at our resort and use the facilities with us, whether they be the pool, restaurants, community hall area, etc., then that should be a perk of me staying at that resort. I understand that pool hopping can not be allowed at SAB because this would open it up to all DVC resort guests from all different resorts and the crowd could get unbearable. However, if you are staying at BCV and want to bring a guest or 2 over to swim for the afternoon (and maybe even vice versa since the OP's guests are at BWV), then I would think that would be fine. Maybe I'm way off base here, it is just my opinion though:cool: :cool: :cool:

I understood your point/opinion. Respectfully, I just don't agree with it. What if everyone staying at BCV (or BWV) had a guest or two over to enjoy the pool?

Anyway, that's why I suggested that you ask at the resort on the day you want to have guests. IMHO, only Disney can make policy. And only Disney can authorize an exception to policy.

Best wishes -

Originally posted by DISchick
Are we destined to not swim together? :rolleyes: (Insert tragic violin playing type music here)

3.gif

We were at BCV the last week of March. We have friends who live in Celebration and they spent a day at the pool with us. We also had some friends who were staying off site come over one afternoon and sit at the pool. They did not bring suits so were not swimming but nobody asked if they were staying there or not.

Does anyone know if there is a written DVC policy regarding guests going to the pool with you? Just curious if there is something official out there because as with a lot of things at DVC, it all depends on which CM you talk to.

Nick, you are the "smiley" KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the OP...I agree with you that if you are visiting your parents at their resort, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to swim there.

Does anyone know if there is a written DVC policy regarding guests going to the pool with you? Just curious if there is something official out there because as with a lot of things at DVC, it all depends on which CM you talk to.

Each of the pools have a sign that state that the pool is for the exclusive use of the resort guests only. Not DVC policy, WDW resort policy. If you have space in your villa, you can get your guest added to your room and get them a room key to get access to the pool.

Just inquire at the front desk or speak to a manager. They are the ones who will give you the real answer. I do not forsee a problem.

I would do what others are suggesting and add them to your room so they get a room key. We went down in July 2002 with our family of 4 and my brother and his wife. My parents were staying off property, but we put them on our reservation anyway so they could join us at BWV without any problems. We were still within our occupancy limit, so I don't see anything wrong in doing it that way.

I do not know if it is a written rule somewhere, but remember that SAB is not only for the BCV it is also the resort pool for the Yacht Club hotel and the Beach Club hotel and it does get crowded. When we were there in Feb. we had to show our room cards and then they put bracelets on us showing that we could use the pool. On each occasion we were approached either right away, or shortly after arriving.

I do not know if it is a written rule somewhere, but remember that SAB is not only for the BCV it is also the resort pool for the Yacht Club hotel and the Beach Club hotel and it does get crowded. When we were there in Feb. we had to show our room cards and then they put bracelets on us showing that we could use the pool. On each occasion we were approached either right away, or shortly after arriving.
::yes:: DH and I stayed at BCV on points last July and we had to show our room cards and get bracelets every time we went. The first time, DH had his keycard and I didn't. They would not let me in without my own key.

I'd also suggest adding them to your room/you get added to theirs. You are not going to get a definitive answer here, because we can't give one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter