I know, I know....Tony's is awful. BUT....

On my last trip I had nor ADR's (ok, I admit I have only made 1 my whole life)

It was a 3 day tip and the last day was cold and nasty after a brutal storm the day before, I wasn't feeling well and wanted a hot meal that I didn't have to sit on a bench to eat.

I went to Guest Services and asked if there were any openings for Dinner and they gave me a last minute reservation to Tony's.

I have to admit I loved it!
I had the Shrimp Scampi.

I cannot tell you though how much of my love was simply because I was warm/dry for the first time in two days and having my food brought to me at a Real table but it really made my day!

I found some more pics from our dinner at Tony's in 2011:

Zucchini Fries -

Calamari -

Melon w/ Prosciutto -

Shrimp Scampi, 2011 style ;) -

Pork w/ Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus -

Spaghetti & Meatballs -

Tiramisu -

Ice Cream Bomb -

I'm also a Tony's hater. Stay away from the chicken parm.

I had zucchini, chicken parm, and tiramisu. the zucchini was fine.

We loved Tony's, and I thought the chicken parm was good.

In all our travels to WDW, I can honestly say that the only restaurant I DIDN'T like was Mama Melrose in DHS (for both food and service).

But my whole family liked Tony's.

My family like tonys! But Dh and I might like it a little more then the average bc that's where we had lunch right before we got engaged at the wishing well so for us its a special place :goodvibes

Tony's is one of the few restaurants I would not go back to but plenty of people like it. I like the chocolate bomb and the bruschetta bread I think it was was good. I think I got lasagna that tasted good the first few bites but give it a try! Personally I love Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill..

I had the best meal of my last trip at Tony's! The Braised lamb shank with creamy parmesan polenta, chianti demi-glace, and veggies was outstanding! It was so juicy and flavorful...I loved it!! Also, the pistachio creme brûlée is out of this world! Everyone has their own tastes, opinions, and experiences...but I recommend that you give it a try! :)

I applaud you for deciding to try it for yourself! We were scared away for years, we do 2 weeks of free dining almost every year for the past few years, and it wasn't until our last trip that we tried both of those!

Tony's was a very nice surprise! The ambiance was great, the location was super convenient, the service was wonderful and the food was good. Not great, but good! I was very happy I didn't listen to the reviews and went anyway! (ETA: I got the NY Strip Steak with red-wine butter, Tony's Potatoes and seasonal vegetables, and DH got the Cioppino (Clams, Mussels, Calamari, Shrimp, and pappardelle noodles and a brodo di verdura garnished with a crostini)- we were on the dining plan, so price wasn't a factor)

As for Chef Mickey's... my youngest is a HUGE Minnie fan, and so I caved and made an ADR for dinner. Ditto for this place. We really enjoyed the food! Now, it's no Narcoosee's or California Grill, but for what it was, we really enjoyed it. I say go! You will love it!

I think it's important to add that I am not a food snob, but I can be picky when it comes to quality of food and service... and I have nothing bad to say about either of these places.

I know most may not agree, but I really like Tony's. :lovestruc Certainly, everyone has their own preferences, but I've eaten there 2x and been really pleased both times. Good service, good food (I don't go to Disney for gourmet meals.) and nice atmosphere....better than sitting in my kitchen.:laughing:

The one time we ate at Tony's, the food was fine. Had a panini.

Now, if I want Italian food at WDW, I go to Epcot. The White pizza at Via Napoli is mouth-watering!

We have dined at Tony's numerous times over the years. It was once a must do! The problem, in my opinion, is it very inconsistent. I do think it is a good idea to try it though! :)

DH and I enjoy Tony's and we've enjoyed watching the parade from the outside balcony! I enjoy the chicken parm!

Enjoy yourselves!

We eat at Tony's in 16 days and was hoping someone could tell me if Lady and the Tramp still "hang out in the back" for an autograph via our server? Our DD3 loves Lady and this would make her day!! TIA :goodvibes

We love Tony's. The first time we ate there was during DVMCP and it was snowing. We plan on eating there again this December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter