I Just Made A $3000 Mistake….

I was wondering when someone would bring repairing cars into it. If you want to compare apples to apples, would you pay say $30K to repair a run of the mill car? By "run of the mill", I'm talking about a typical Hyundai, Toyota, Ford, whatever. Spending two, three, or even five thousand dollars to repair something that would cost you $25k-$30 to replace (yes, I know you can find them cheaper, but ball park), I can understand. Spending more than 100% of the REPLACEMENT cost (not the value of the old) does not make sense. Obviously there will be exceptions, but probably few and far between.

With that being said, I've said repeatedly that this is what *I* believe. If you want to do something different, go right ahead.
It's just a discussion I'm not calling into question what you believe nor do I think anyone is. You're speaking in absolutes but presenting it like it's just your belief. I'm just presenting both sides, for some it will make more sense for them to repair (irrespective of the cost) for others it won't. So yes continue on repeatedly saying what your belief is, someone else may not do what you do. Either is fine and either will make sense to that particular person.

It's just a discussion I'm not calling into question what you believe nor do I think anyone is. You're speaking in absolutes but presenting it like it's just your belief. I'm just presenting both sides, for some it will make more sense for them to repair (irrespective of the cost) for others it won't. So yes continue on repeatedly saying what your belief is, someone else may not do what you do. Either is fine and either will make sense to that particular person.
Well, yes, it IS an absolute. I ABSOLUTELY believe spending more than 100% of the REPLACEMENT value of an item to repair an item doesn't make sense. I guess you and others have a problem with that. It's an OPINION, and yes, I've stated such multiple times in the thread. I guess that's not good enough. So, feel free to continue on. I'll bow out.

Well, yes, it IS an absolute. I ABSOLUTELY believe spending more than 100% of the REPLACEMENT value of an item to repair an item doesn't make sense. I guess you and others have a problem with that. It's an OPINION, and yes, I've stated such multiple times in the thread. I guess that's not good enough. So, feel free to continue on. I'll bow out.
Absolute in this case means you're presenting something like it's fact irrespective of any other alternative option, as in not opinion-based, not what you personally do but what is irrefutable.

Chalk it up to my lingo here but when I say you're speaking in absolutes I mean you're presenting your opinion as a fact. It's just your opinion, it's what you personally do and as your caps is screaming you have said it's your opinion.

Absolute and absolutely=not the same thing in this context.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter